• The KillerFrogs

Duvernay update......

tcumaniac

Froglaw said:
I always have mixed emotions when a player has it down to TCU and ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and he almost inevitably chooses the NOT TCU option.

I have to remind myself that when a player has visited TCU and seen a CGP practice, he is either going to say:

1.  This program will challenge me and I will be better because of it; or

2.  I won't have to work this hard and I'll still start at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc.

If he is not choosing TCU because of option 1, then he is better off at ut, OU, Baylor, USC, etc. and so is TCU.

It wasn't until recently that I started occasionally reading threads on Baylorfans and Texags where I find myself constantly shaking my head at the utter stupidity and delusion of their never ending excuse making. ie Aggies still trying to rationalize and convince themselves that the SEC is still the best conference in baseball and the Baylor folks that are sincerely convinced that the Rape Scandal was all done at the hand of jealous UT. 

I felt like I was on one of those sites reading this comment. The kid didn't want to be a Frog. It sucks. And if recent trends continue, the kid will look back in 4 years and kick himself for falling for the Bevo lies and missing out on what he could have been a part of at TCU. 

But please save us the embarrassment of typing up crap blaming his decision on his unwillingness to work hard. 

frognutz

Despite the odds Frog said:
I agree with TCU_Backer. Kid is A+ football athlete. UT got a good one.

However the only thing I hate about losing a recruit to UT is all the TCU fans that grew up UT fans and are now TCU fans but huge UT apologists and in these moments come out of the woodwork.

I think this commit was about his girlfriend at UT more than any reason, not because of how great UT is or how open they are in the WR spot. The kid would of been 1st string anywhere.

I don't trust UT and don't think they have to be great for Big 12 to have respect I think championships earn respect. Getting in the finals gets respect like Clemson who is not a tradional power but now is becoming an elite football school by winning and through that ACC gains clout.

Sometimes I believe if UT left the Big 12 for Pac-12 or Big 10 the TCU UT apologist would come out and say "Well, they are the big university so oh well...they deserve the big money...". I don't trust UT when they go Ole Miss style in February or they are talking about how satisfied they are with current situations. Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, and A&M never trusted them either.

But good for UT. I do want all Big 12 schools to be playing at a high level for conference strength and this commit upgraded UT. But hate to see talent go there over TCU. Lots of talent to be had though and as CGP said he has won against tougher teams with less. It's probably what TCU will always have to do, beat teams with hard work, commitment to team, and heart/character (the Frog Factor).

Let's remember it wasn't too long ago that when TCU beat the Horns in Austin the first year we were in the Big 12, we only had 1 player on that roster that even had an offer from Texas.

The fact that TCU has elevated it's program to the point that kids can accomplish all their goals at both schools gives us a shot at these guys now.  But let's not pretend we'll ever be close to batting .500 year in and out against guys UT is hot after.

frognutz

tcumaniac said:

But please save us the embarrassment of typing up crap blaming his decision on his unwillingness to work hard. 

I think a lot of you are getting hot and bothered by that quote.

Patterson has a proven system and it's not changing IMO.  There are a 1,000 ex-players that have gone through TCU who can answer the phone about what it's like to practice, prepare, and play in his system.  There are no secrets.

"It aint for everybody" is all he was trying to say.

MavAlbert

I see a lot of reasons why he'd want to go to UT, and hope he does well there. We'll be just fine without him, though. Can't wait to see our team next year. 

froginmn

I always find myself getting caught up thinking "this kid is so great; imagine what we'll be if we get this kid."

Later I think "look at what we already are without him."

f_399

We were fine when he was committed to Baylor and more then fine now that he is committed to Texas.

Probably better off. 

We will be just fine with OUR wide receivers.