• The KillerFrogs

Dominique wheeler video comments

Dogfrog

Curious about the fascination with sell-outs. Please tell me if I am missing something, but won't 50k people in a 52k stadium bring in more money than selling out a 43k stadium? Wouldn't it be louder too?

Supply and demand. The closer you can get to consistent sellouts, the more you can control your ticket pricing. That's the lever that puts you in the revenue big leagues. I know fans don't like to hear it but it's true. It's impossible to increase prices when you have thousands of empty seats. TCU prices have remained depressed for years due to the consistent idle seating capacity.
Following about fifty years of idle seating capacity, it's smart for TCU to not go overboard on seating based on a couple of years of successful ticket sales. I think 43K makes sense for now.

maximilian

I've said it from the beginning....the guy is totally gay... no like for real. he likes boys. that's why none of the schools want him... something fishy is going on and that's it

You're a big reason I don't post here much anymore. Why would you think this would be ok to post?

maximilian

well said Max. Can't wait for him to get back to the classroom and do some homework or go on a date or something???!

Right. I've got no issues with people being goofy on the internet, but this is ridiculous. A majority of the threads I enter go something like this:

61vx3rq.gif

FROGDADDY

I've said it from the beginning....the guy is totally gay... no like for real. he likes boys. that's why none of the schools want him... something fishy is going on and that's it

How gay are we talking here? Eats penis cookies gay? Or dresses up for Harry Potter movies gay?

nick

As currently planned, completed stadium (including East side) will seat 43,000, not 52,000. That's projected seating if we do a future expansion.

Same ol' Froggypants.
Wrong ,there is a dispute now among some influentials who want 50,000 soon vs some who dont want to spend more.

cdsfrog

Deep is correct about current expansion plans.

However the stadium is being built with the ability to expand to 50k seats if the need is there very quickly. CDC said it himself

Chris Del Conte: I understand the criticism of lowering the capacity but our goal is to sell out every game. Secondly, the stadium has the infrastructure to go to 50,000 at a moment's notice.

http://gofrogs.cstv..../051111aaa.html

frogtwang

Since Maniac consistently claims that his online persona is not a real representation of his real life persona, does that mean that in real life he is an atheist mormon, gay, baylor fan?

OmniscienceFrog

However the stadium is being built with the ability to expand to 50k seats if the need is there very quickly. CDC said it himself

Chris Del Conte: I understand the criticism of lowering the capacity but our goal is to sell out every game. Secondly, the stadium has the infrastructure to go to 50,000 at a moment's notice.

That depends on one's interpretation of "at a moment's notice".

To me "a moment's notice" is something you can get done immediately and I don't think you can add 7,000 fixed seats to a stadium immediately. To me something that can be done "at a moment's notice" is something that could be done within a weeks time.

I'm pretty sure I know what he means, but I don't think "at a moment's notice" is the proper term to use for what he means.

jake102

From what I've heard (on here), they are completely re-doing the East side. Blowing it up and the whole thing like the West side. It will have two tiers...

how many seats does that get us to, and do we have the money?

I really don't understand how we can go to 50k if the East side renovation only brings us to 43k. Are we going to build the East side identically to the West side with three tiers?

OmniscienceFrog

From what I've heard (on here), they are completely re-doing the East side. Blowing it up and the whole thing like the West side. It will have two tiers...

how many seats does that get us to, and do we have the money?

I really don't understand how we can go to 50k if the East side renovation only brings us to 43k. Are we going to build the East side identically to the West side with three tiers?

If I had to guess what the east side will be like I'd say it will have the lower section just like the west side has and will have a second level that will rise to approx to the portal level of the west side upper deck sans the suites. Then, if they increase the capacity they will add an upper level to somewhat match the west side, but no quite as high.