• The KillerFrogs

Dominique wheeler video comments

TCUhornedfrog93

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/amp-fbu-top-gun-dominique-wheeler-1096510

Ok I'm not quite sure how to post a link on here but I just copy and pasted the link. If you can't get there just go to PM (rivals) and click on the story to the right about wheeler still being interested in tcu. Look in the comments section at the bottom and read purpleguy's posts. Let's see:

Carries on conversations with himself
Randomly puts "key phrases" in bold
Has an obvious hatred for the Big 12-2, more than most on here
Possesses far too much knowledge about tcu for his own good
Exaggerates more than anyone in the world (I'm not exaggerating)
Carries on laughs for far too long

Alright, guess who! This cracked me up when I found it. I really wonder about him and what he does in real life if he even has time to do anything with all the posting he does. It's good to know he shares the love with other sites.

On a side note I didn't know wheeler's recruitment was still open. Does anyone know if we're still going after him?

Deep Purple

TCU is building a 52,000 seat stadium (will be just 33,000 this yr with construction going on, and 44,000 in 2012 until the East stands project begins which takes the stadium to 52,000).

As currently planned, completed stadium (including East side) will seat 43,000, not 52,000. That's projected seating if we do a future expansion.

Same ol' Froggypants.

cdsfrog

As currently planned, completed stadium (including East side) will seat 43,000, not 52,000. That's projected seating if we do a future expansion.

Same ol' Froggypants.

you know better than me, how many sellouts would it to expand to 52k ? (funding isnt the problem)

froginaustin

I don't know better than you, but I'll put in my 2 cents worth anyway on stadium expansion.

I'd build whatever size CDC and other people paid to make such estimations think TCU can sell out at least a few games every season, and wait until there is either a big waiting list for season tickets or until the program weathers a year or 2 of disappointing football (to try to get a base line for "diehard" support that will buy season tix rain or shine). Then re-think stadium size.

U of Miami sells a bunch of tickets when they are good, but their season ticket sales drop WAY off if the program struggles. And they play in a pro stadium that they usually can't fill. So I suspect that overbuilding stadium capacity might actually discourage people holding onto season tickets, year after year, because relatively fair weather fans can drop season tickets, confident that they can get back in when the program is a contender again.

I think stadium overcapacity is a threat to the long term health of the program, even if that overcapacity is optimistically predicted to dry up over time.

FWIW.

Ray Finkle

Makes me wonder if he does want to switch, will we have a scholly? The Ricky Collins pick-up might put a damper on the situation. However, I definitely see us having more than just Listenbee and Collins as WR/Kerley types in this class.

Feisty, your thoughts?

Army Frog Fan

Curious about the fascination with sell-outs. Please tell me if I am missing something, but won't 50k people in a 52k stadium bring in more money than selling out a 43k stadium? Wouldn't it be louder too?

tcumaniac

I've said it from the beginning....the guy is totally gay... no like for real. he likes boys. that's why none of the schools want him... something fishy is going on and that's it

OmniscienceFrog

Curious about the fascination with sell-outs. Please tell me if I am missing something, but won't 50k people in a 52k stadium bring in more money than selling out a 43k stadium? Wouldn't it be louder too?

I don't get it either. FINALLY we get attendance growing every year and we build a stadium that seats what we are already drawing. Too much catering to the SRO's for me too. Much rather have them in the seating areas somewhere. Just too many socialites that are more interested in visiting than watching the games.

I have some ideas as to why it is this way, but I don't think some of them would be very popular here, so I keep them to myself.

tcumaniac

I don't get it either. FINALLY we get attendance growing every year and we build a stadium that seats what we are already drawing. Too much catering to the SRO's for me too. Much rather have them in the seating areas somewhere. Just too many socialites that are more interested in visiting than watching the games.

I have some ideas as to why it is this way, but I don't think some of them would be very popular here, so I keep them to myself.

please. please. explain!