• The KillerFrogs

Did we hear anything about how Rogers, Delton, and Duggan did in the spring?

don

Only saw last spring practice, but I don't see how you can keep Duggan off the field. His velocity is awesome and he throws the ball effortlessly. He looks like a natural leader and seems to fit the scheme with all the outs and sideline throws. Hopefully during next 4 months Rogers can continue to get healthier. Wish I had more data.

jake102

IMO, of everything I've read and heard, it will be Delton starting. After that, the depth chart is a guessing game. Guessing Rogers and Collins are 2/3 and Duggan is 4. But honestly, certainly wouldn't shock me if Duggan is 2. I think he has the highest ceiling for our type of offense.

Eight

who?

rQZFg.jpg

latest

300px-Neuralizer1.jpg

vlcsnap-2010-12-23-08h08m31s167.png

Light+Of+Zartha+Laura+Isis+Liberty+Manhattan+Stargate+Galctic+Centre+Men+In+Black+2.PNG

i did hear about a weather balloon reflecting light and something to do with swamp gas

Purp

Not to impose on Moose's role here, but JC has had some pretty good coverage on the QB situation at 247. From nuggets that have been shared here it sounds like Delton, Rogers, and Duggan have all be great in their own way.

Delton apparently has an under-rated arm and we all know he has terrific mobility and leadership qualities. I feel like I'd be surprised if he doesn't start merely b/c he came in as a grad transfer so you feel like that wouldn't have happened if he wasn't likely to start.

Rogers is throwing great, but still recovering some mobility. He's a big, strong kid who can sling it and shed would-be tacklers with relative ease and that's a valuable asset in a lot of ways. If he gets his mobility back 100% he'll be an especially dangerous weapon.

I'd be surprised if Duggan started this year, but I'll also be surprised if he isn't great for us for several years. By all accounts he's got every tool you want on a dual threat QB's tool belt and they're all premium grade tools. When he gets experience added to those tools I gather he has the highest ceiling of the lot of them.

GetToTheQB

Duggan is the rawest talent on the field. Since we do not start freshman, I think Delton is going to start. Think Duggan will indeed see the field.

Wish we would commit to one of the young guys and grow them up. Ball is in Cumbie's court

ThisIsOurTime

I would hope Delton and Rogers are good enough and healthy enough to where they allow Duggan to redshirt. We know there are exceptions but generally a redshirt year for a quarterback is very helpful.

LawFrog504

Duggan is the rawest talent on the field. Since we do not start freshman, I think Delton is going to start. Think Duggan will indeed see the field.

Wish we would commit to one of the young guys and grow them up. Ball is in Cumbie's court
Young guys can't contribute. Tee Higgins was a non factor in the NC game. We must continue to play JL over Noah Daniels because of age!

Froggish

Duggan can play in 4 games and retain his redshirt...No reason to believe he won’t. Based on all the acounts the “implied” depth chart is

1.Delton
2. everyone else...

As someone else pointed out, JRs mobility is way better but probably not to the point that he could run our desired dual threat offense. He’s just a pocket guy at this point but there is still plenty of times for that to change.

Interesting enough it was reported that Duggan arm might be the best of all 3 who participated in Spring

LVH

Concur with those above who have said Delton looks to be the guy right now. All reports were that he’s better than people think he is.

What I really want to see with Delton is sets with him and both Sewo and Anderson in the backfield. Gives us 3 legit running threats out of the backfield that forces defenses to be on their toes. Maybe even triple option style plays. Then play action to Reagor when the defense assumes we are running it.

Wexahu

What I really want to see with Delton is sets with him and both Sewo and Anderson in the backfield. Gives us 3 legit running threats out of the backfield that forces defenses to be on their toes. Maybe even triple option style plays. Then play action to Reagor when the defense assumes we are running it.

Delton will be the most dangerous QB we've had here in terms of running the ball, I'm pretty certain of that. He is quick and fast and gets downhill in a hurry. In terms of being able to drop back and be a decent pocket passer though, I'm going to have to see that to believe it, because he didn't show much ability in that dept at KSU.

Eight

Delton will be the most dangerous QB we've had here in terms of running the ball, I'm pretty certain of that. He is quick and fast and gets downhill in a hurry. In terms of being able to drop back and be a decent pocket passer though, I'm going to have to see that to believe it, because he didn't show much ability in that dept at KSU.

i don't think ksu really ran a conventional offense in that sense and i think there is a school of thought that delton was asked to run the ksu offense regardless of it it fit his ability more so than the offense was fit to maximize his abilities

4th. down

Believe Delton starts the 1st. game with Rogers no. 2, and Duggan no. 3 with Collins a big question mark. GP said after the scrimmage that they don't know if Collins can play or not yet - said it was a serious injury. If he can play, he's going to be behind because he missed spring ball.

Rogers improved his mobility dramatically in 3 months from the bowl game to the scrimmage. Now he has 5 more months to complete his recovery. If that happens, he will push Delton hard.

Froggish

I have a feeling some H-back sets might creep into the Offense this year...If it does, the TEs will get a lot more action. However, Sewo would be brilliant in those sets as he can run, catch, and at his size/strength he should also be an effective blocker for Anderson and Delton.

There’s not a person in the program that needs to improve on game day more than Cumbie...I think he will. He’s been learning on the job long enough and now it’s time to be better.

Dman890

It’s not the sexy option but I think it’s delton and then Collins. Collins has been discounted bc of not playing spring ball but that means nothing for the competition.

Rogers and Duggan will be 3/4.

Duggan has highest ceiling and Rogers is an intriguing talent. But we need someone that won’t turn the ball over so we can win more than 7 games. That means delton and collins

4th. down

I have a feeling some H-back sets might creep into the Offense this year...If it does, the TEs will get a lot more action. However, Sewo would be brilliant in those sets as he can run, catch, and at his size/strength he should also be an effective blocker for Anderson and Delton.

There’s not a person in the program that needs to improve on game day more than Cumbie...I think he will. He’s been learning on the job long enough and now it’s time to be better.
It’s not the sexy option but I think it’s delton and then Collins. Collins has been discounted bc of not playing spring ball but that means nothing for the competition.

Rogers and Duggan will be 3/4.

Duggan has highest ceiling and Rogers is an intriguing talent. But we need someone that won’t turn the ball over so we can win more than 7 games. That means delton and collins

I hear you on Collins but GP said the injury was serious and they don't even know if he will be able to play at this point. Even if he can, will he be mobile enough, and remember, he's lacking the reps. and spring ball competition. He's going to be behind the other 3.