• The KillerFrogs

Did the students not come?

gdu

Thought you took pictures before the game, after halftime, and in the 4th for every home game? You have been for the last 10 years. You said it.
First, I said almost every game I went to. Not every game (since I'm sure that will come up again later since everyone likes to think they are going to catch me in a lie).

Second, and more importantly, if I had any that showed the student section anywhere near 2/3 full I wouldn't have said it was never anywhere near 2/3 full and I would have posted them if someone said otherwise. I am looking for someone's pic that shows it 2/3 full since I don't have any like that (and never saw it that way even though my seats in C give me a pretty good view of it).

desmith03

So to all of you complaining, how did the student section do during your years as a student?
Pitiful; I quit watching games from the student section between '99-'02 since most of those who showed up left after the 1st quarter to keep from getting their designer clothes dirty. Plus, it did get a little monotonous to hear "LT on the carry" 30 or so times per game.
:wacko:

Hyperfrogs were great then, though...

ReedFrawg

The student section was never 2/3 full. You can believe whatever you want and I don't want to get into an argument about something so negative but at no time was the student section anywhere near 2/3 full.

I agree. The students never showed up (as a whole).

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I agree. The students never showed up (as a whole).

Not real sure what the argument is. It was never two-thirds full. I thought it was disappointing. Patterson and the team noticed, he referenced it in his post-game to the media. What else is there to say other than We Are TCU.

gdu

Not real sure what the argument is. It was never two-thirds full. I thought it was disappointing. Patterson and the team noticed, he referenced it in his post-game to the media. What else is there to say other than We Are TCU.
Some people just want me to be wrong no matter what it is I said, but I think most rational folks here realize if Top doesn't disagree with me, I'm probably not wrong.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
To be fair though, I didn't notice the Student Section being any worse than it normally is. I guess because it was BYU people were expecting it to be full? I can't judge how full I thought it was because I don't really care that much to sit there and eyeball it during the game. It didn't look that bad to me but it dang sure didn't look great.

AUFrog

You are simply wrong and you can and no doubt will argue about it until you are blue in the face but you are wrong. Wrong.

The student section at its fullest was at least 2/3 full. You can believe what you want to, but on this matter you are wrong. Simply wrong.

Comparing our student-body attendance to a school like UTx, with 40,000 undergrads and an allocation of about 5,000 per game to student tickets, is silly. And no, I am not saying gdu made that comparison. It's just a rim-shot remark.
It's silly that people can't comprehend clear comparisons. I do agree the student section was over 2/3 full for part of the game, but why was it so empty for so much of the game? It has nothing to do w/ TCU having a student body population of 9,000. And, UT played at Nebraska. I guess we should see how the student body section at Rice looked (if they played at home). Maybe that would give you the excuse favorable comparison you're looking for. You've missed the point, which was pretty clear.

gdu

To be fair though, I didn't notice the Student Section being any worse than it normally is. I guess because it was BYU people were expecting it to be full? I can't judge how full I thought it was because I don't really care that much to sit there and eyeball it during the game. It didn't look that bad to me but it dang sure didn't look great.
I wasn't making a commentary. I am done worrying about attendance. The OP asked what attendance was like. Someone responded that it was "about 2/3 full." I was simply replying to let the OP and others who were interested know that that wasn't true. Not trying to start or be a part of any argument.

And again, I don't sit there and count heads, but I sit low in section C, so it is what I see everytime I look up. It's also the first thing the guy sitting next to me said when I sat down.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
I wasn't making a commentary. I am done worrying about attendance. The OP asked what attendance was like. Someone responded that it was "about 2/3 full." I was simply replying to let the OP and others who were interested know that that wasn't true. Not trying to start or be a part of any argument.

And again, I don't sit there and count heads, but I sit low in section C, so it is what I see everytime I look up. It's also the first thing the guy sitting next to me said when I sat down.

Dude I wasn't calling you out with my last post. I was just making a general statement. If it was directed at you I would have quoted your post.

AUFrog

BYOB = full stadium :tongue:

Think NASCAR haha
I thought everyone who wanted to do this and wasn't completely dumb about it, did BYOB(L). I don't bring anything in to the stadium too much these days, but when I was in school,my stop before each game was to the liquor store on Bluebonnet Circle to get some minis. A couple times, I'd get a flask or next size bigger. Don't fraternities require their pledges bring booze any more? I know you were halfway (I hate to throw out a % in this discussion) joking but it's realy easy to add whiskey to your drink in ACS.

Mike Brooks

Horrendous at the start of the game. They kept trickling in though and I thought it reached at least 2/3 full in the second quarter, then it dissipated quickly. If pics were taken just before kickoff, just after half and in the 4th it will always look terrible. Especially if we have taken control.

Really only one reason to take pics at those times versus others. Based on the poster I think we know why.

joefrog91

Horrendous at the start of the game. They kept trickling in though and I thought it reached at least 2/3 full in the second quarter, then it dissipated quickly. If pics were taken just before kickoff, just after half and in the 4th it will always look terrible. Especially if we have taken control.

Really only one reason to take pics at those times versus others. Based on the poster I think we know why.

I should have taken a picture like I was going to. I'm the guy that made the comment to GDU about the student section looking sparse. You're right. It did get better during the first quarter, but then quickly became bad again. I'm horrible at estimating crowd numbers so I won't claim it was or wasn't ever 2/3 full.

And for full disclosure, student attendance was horrible when I went to TCU from 1989-1991. I just believe a Top Five team should warrant better student attendance. TCU students should not be more interested in watching other schools on TV in the parking lot. When I left a game it was to go party, not go watch another team.

tcumaniac

the problem is simple. There are almost twice as many females at tcu as there are males. The majority of these girls have no care or comprehension of football at all. They would rather sit in their room and count how many tampons they have left, rather than go to a "hot and boring football game where you have to stand the entire game." Another large percent of tcu students are gay frat boys that would rather stand in the parking lot and get wasted as they admire each other's matching polos and show off their sperrys. Theres also a lot of guys that some how have no comprehension of football or how it works, and sometimes decide to go watch a quarter or two if they get bored of playing call of duty. The majority of students are ignorant and don't have any comprehension of rivalries. Most people couldn't understand why i disliked byu so much. Also a lot of students grew up their entire lives rooting for big state schools and despite the fact we're ranked in the top 5, they think we're overrated and would rather hang out in their dorm and watch "the game" rather than watch TCU beat another "nobody". Also, students have the attitude of "we don't play anybody. who wants to go watch another blow out? We all know TCU will win. I'm just gonna stay in my dorm and catch up on my hw or take a nap or browse the internet for new sperrys or go find out where the next party is. A majority of students simply have no motivation or desire to go to the games. They're in no hurry to get there, and once they're there, they get easily bored of TCU doing nothing but winning, so they decide to leave and go to something else. It's pretty pathetic and by far my biggest turn off so far at TCU.

gdu

Yup. In 2001, when I started taking pictures at TCU games (and really, let's go back to when I started doing it at UT games well before then), it's because I knew in 2010 we'd be ranked #4 and I wanted to bring us down with attendance talk. I never thought you'd have figured me out.

gdu

the problem is simple. There are almost twice as many females at tcu as there are males. The majority of these girls have no care or comprehension of football at all. They would rather sit in their room and count how many tampons they have left, rather than go to a "hot and boring football game where you have to stand the entire game." Another large percent of tcu students are gay frat boys that would rather stand in the parking lot and get wasted as they admire each other's matching polos and show off their sperrys. Theres also a lot of guys that some how have no comprehension of football or how it works, and sometimes decide to go watch a quarter or two if they get bored of playing call of duty. The majority of students are ignorant and don't have any comprehension of rivalries. Most people couldn't understand why i disliked byu so much. Also a lot of students grew up their entire lives rooting for big state schools and despite the fact we're ranked in the top 5, they think we're overrated and would rather hang out in their dorm and watch "the game" rather than watch TCU beat another "nobody". Also, students have the attitude of "we don't play anybody. who wants to go watch another blow out? We all know TCU will win. I'm just gonna stay in my dorm and catch up on my hw or take a nap or browse the internet for new sperrys or go find out where the next party is. A majority of students simply have no motivation or desire to go to the games. They're in no hurry to get there, and once they're there, they get easily bored of TCU doing nothing but winning, so they decide to leave and go to something else. It's pretty pathetic and by far my biggest turn off so far at TCU.
sounds like somebody's never been to an SEC game

Pinkyfrog

was i talking about an SEC game? nope. i was talking about TCU girls. They're gorgeous, but when it comes to football, a lot of them are just plain dumb.

O freshmen, how you never know how to impress girls, your lack of tact and poise are hilarious. You just need to find the right ones, you see I've got plenty of female friends who I can sit down and watch a game on Saturday with and call out the plays, they also know most if not all of the players, more so than most guys I know.