• The KillerFrogs

Did the students not come?

AEAfrog

Only cause I can think of is the Rangers game. Hopefully that series will be quick and we won't have that problem next week.

Stiff Arm Frog

I've noticed that this season students have been leaving earlier than in past seasons.

I think it might have something to do with us winning every game by 30 or so. Plus, for afternoon games that sun comes down on that side of the stadium pretty hard.

Just sayin'.

Wog68

Only cause I can think of is the Rangers game. Hopefully that series will be quick and we won't have that problem next week.

Are you saying that the TCU student body is more interested in the Rangers? Must be another reason, like "Tailgaiting".
At least the Show Girls were there.

AEAfrog

Are you saying that the TCU student body is more interested in the Rangers? Must be another reason, like "Tailgaiting".
At least the Show Girls were there.

In a Rangers ALCS game? Maybe. Probably. It seems to be an interest for a number of people on this board.

FrogAbroad

Remember, TCU students are young. Most of them have no memory of anything worse than a 10-win season. We've been winning by wide margins for quite some time now.

I think we're just seeing a little bit of that "entitlement syndrome" empty some of the the seats after halftime.

Maybe our own Coach should address the student body before next Saturday...know what I mean?

hindry

I've noticed that this season students have been leaving earlier than in past seasons.

I think it might have something to do with us winning every game by 30 or so. Plus, for afternoon games that sun comes down on that side of the stadium pretty hard.

Just sayin'.

someone should get em to padlock the oui till late in the 4th!

researchfrog

Especially with the smaller stadium next year, how about we work out seating in shifts: during the first half, students go to the game and then leave at the half. During the second half, the alums who have been drinking in the parking lot all of the first half get to take the students place.

well, our football team has changed through the years and win.

our fans are the same...

i do appreciate those fans who paint themselves purple and those who are there until the end...kudos to you

To be honest, I thought the crowd looked good on tv. Was only empty in the corners of the upperdeck and the top above the student section on the east side. Definitely improved from home games just a few years ago. Attendance is definitely getting better and it gets annoying reading multiple threads on it it each week.

gdu

The student section was never 2/3 full. You can believe whatever you want and I don't want to get into an argument about something so negative but at no time was the student section anywhere near 2/3 full.

After 1st Q TCU should have it where if you leave you can't come back in.

Have to make a culture where you stay in the stadium the whole game.

Tailgating during the game makes no sense and at most Div. 1A schools the students stay the whole game.

It was a good crowd though, one that a lot of other schools would love/dream to have... the student body does need to step it up :blink:

Pinkyfrog

It's the heat, it's hard to stay in the direct sun for 5 hours without rest, you can only go back down underneath the stadium but it's still hot, and doesn't help that much. Than coupled with solid leads gives a lot of disincentive to stay. Also there's just flat out not that many students.

I'm embarrassed by my peers' attendance. Has it been hot at the games? Of course, but this is Texas. Don't be a baby. We have arguably the best team in the country, which people love to brag about, but then can't seem to get/keep their [Deleted] in the stands.

allclearforfrogs

It's the heat, it's hard to stay in the direct sun for 5 hours without rest, you can only go back down underneath the stadium but it's still hot, and doesn't help that much. Than coupled with solid leads gives a lot of disincentive to stay. Also there's just flat out not that many students.

Wasn't hot today.