• The KillerFrogs

Daily Skiff: Trustees Approve Stadium Renovations

AEAfrog

[SIZE=12pt]Official: Trustees approve stadium renovations[/SIZE]
By: Josh Davis
Posted: 4/9/10

The Board of Trustees passed a resolution today that pushed rumored renovations to Amon Carter Stadium much closer to reality, said Athletics Director Chris Del Conte.

The renovation could begin as early as the end of next football season, if fundraising goals are met, said Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration Brian Gutierrez.

Del Conte and Gutierrez made a presentation to the board this week reviewing the latest status of the project.

"Amon G. Carter Stadium is in need of upgrades to facilitate better access to basic amenities such as restrooms, concessions and the upper deck," Gutierrez said. "The overall fan experience will be significantly enhanced by the renovation as well."

The project will be entirely donor-funded and has a total budget of $105 million. Officials did not say how much has currently been pledged for the project.

"If we are able to complete fundraising by July 1, 2010, by securing the necessary pledges, then the project could begin as early as the end of the 2010 football season subject to and dependent upon Board of Trustees' approval," Gutierrez said.

The Board of Trustees includes 46 voting members, and in order for a resolution to pass, it must get at least 24 votes.

The renovation project is being managed by HKS Inc., which has prepared multiple renderings that have popped up on TCU-centric blogs in the past few months.

Gutierrez said the renderings "reflect the schematic design work to date" and "detailed architectural/engineering drawings are in the process of being developed."

Calls to Jerry Fawcett, the principal in charge of the project at HKS, Friday afternoon were not immediately returned.

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Apr 9 2010, 03:10 PM) [snapback]542631[/snapback]
Note to Josh: 2010 is this season, not next season.

What year is the next football season going to be played in? There is no football season for another 5 months yet, so I don't think there is a "this" season yet.

Can't criticize the Skiffer on that one.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I have had a few drinks with Jerry Fawcett at Hotel ZaZa, good guy and resides in London where he is from originally. Likes to refer to Cowboy stadium as the worlds largest room. I think one of the local guys on the project is John Brooks but will try and find out for sure. He is a Paschalite....

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

Here we go again....

Sean

Administrator
QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 9 2010, 03:34 PM) [snapback]542650[/snapback]
He is a Paschalite....

Only the best!

Houston Frog

I think at this point in the calendar, both "next season" and "this season" refer to the 2010 season. I certainly wouldn't call the 2011 season "next season", I would call it "the season after next".

When referring to the 2009 season, you say "this past season".

[quote name='AEAfrog

Trustees approve stadium renovations

...the project could begin as early as the end of the 2010 football season...

[/quote]

Yessssssssss!!! :biggrin:

halfwaytoheaven

Spring football has started, last year's seniors are on their way to the NFL, new Freshmen have joined the team - I'm calling 2010 "this" season. 2011 is next season. As much fun as it was, 2009 is last season.

Also, it sounds like a longer wait if you call it next season.

Anyway, it's just semantics. I'm 100% thrilled about the stadium, can't wait to contribute. Hope to see everybody at AGC tomorrow.

AEAfrog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Apr 9 2010, 03:50 PM) [snapback]542690[/snapback]
Spring football has started, last year's seniors are on their way to the NFL, new Freshmen have joined the team - I'm calling 2010 "this" season. 2011 is next season. As much fun as it was, 2009 is last season.

Also, it sounds like a longer wait if you call it next season.

Anyway, it's just semantics. I'm 100% thrilled about the stadium, can't wait to contribute. Hope to see everybody at AGC tomorrow.

So what happens if, for some unknown reason, no football is played in the fall? Does that mean that there was still a 2010 season? I prefer to think that we are somewhere in the middle.

Purgatory-Traffic-Sign--32686.jpg

halfwaytoheaven

QUOTE(AEAfrog @ Apr 9 2010, 06:21 PM) [snapback]542705[/snapback]
So what happens if, for some unknown reason, no football is played in the fall? Does that mean that there was still a 2010 season? I prefer to think that we are somewhere in the middle.

Purgatory-Traffic-Sign--32686.jpg

fry.sized.jpg

FinanceFrog

and some people think kfc is petty........

OmniscienceFrog

QUOTE(halfwaytoheaven @ Apr 9 2010, 04:50 PM) [snapback]542690[/snapback]
Anyway, it's just semantics.

So there was no need to call out the writer then.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
As a writer, it is next season until the current academic year ends and the 2010-11 academic year begins. You can say next season, the upcoming season, the 2010 season ...

The 2009 season I would refer to as this past season, last season. Just like last week or last month. It happened and is in the past.

Limp Lizard

"If we are able to complete fundraising by July 1, 2010, by securing the necessary pledges, then the project could begin as early as the end of the 2010 football season subject to and dependent upon Board of Trustees' approval," Gutierrez said.

I can't imagine the explosion on this board...and elsewhere...if the funds are raised and the Board of Trustees don't approve the project. :unsure:

TEUFELI

If one more D bag makes reference to the "this year or next year" "debate"...I am gonna pistol whhhhip someone.

Get a life losers.

Having said that, there was a factual error or omission that carries some actual significance. The "total" renovations figure should include phase 1 AND 2...which will be at between 145 and 150 mil.

MoneyFrog

QUOTE(TEUFELI @ Apr 10 2010, 01:50 PM) [snapback]542823[/snapback]
If one more D bag makes reference to the "this year or next year" "debate"...I am gonna pistol whhhhip someone.

Get a life losers.

take it easy.

Latest posts