• The KillerFrogs

Curious

TCUdirtbag

TCU (finally) acquired the lot (3071 Wabash) in August of 2021, but the sale was subject to a leaseback to the seller. I *believe* the seller/tenant has moved out as a rezoning application for the property showed up on the August 2022 Fort Worth Zoning Commission agenda. Assuming it was approved, the final City Council approval could be all that stands between that eyesore and its final demise.

The same rezoning application included the also-now-TCU-owned modern-style house on Lubbock, across from the Bass building/Nursing school. I'd assume it's headed toward being demo-ed, too.

Edit: City Council approved both on 9/13.

Last edited:

Big Frog II

TCU (finally) acquired the lot (3071 Wabash) in August of 2021, but the sale was subject to a leaseback to the seller. I *believe* the seller/tenant has moved out as a rezoning application for the property showed up on the August 2022 Fort Worth Zoning Commission agenda. Assuming it was approved, the final City Council approval could be all that stands between that eyesore and its final demise.

The same rezoning application included the also-now-TCU-owned modern-style house on Lubbock, across from the Bass building/Nursing school. I'd assume it's headed toward being demo-ed, too.

Edit: City Council approved both on 9/13.
The seller has moved. Waiting on the red tape to be cleared.

TCUdirtbag

The seller has moved. Waiting on the red tape to be cleared.
Believe the initial university plan is for the house to be razed and land to be cleared and landscaped.

That said, I believe the Harrison was built to allow a third, South "wing" of the building to be built along W. Berry to form a "U" shape building (somewhat related, I think the East wing can also sustain the addition of a third story in line with the primary North wing). Not sure if those expansions are still in the cards when the construction freeze lifts in 2024, but there were thoughts that the W. Berry South wing would primarily include a new auditorium. The thinking was the BLUU auditorium wing could be torn down and allow significant, multi-story BLUU expansion. No clue what time has done to those plans -- the Covid-era construction freeze really cut off the plans for much-needed BLUU expansion.