• The KillerFrogs

Conference Shmonference. Who cares?!

SouthTexasToad

Would A&M vote no in order to get released from the threat of litigation? Well, I know they would, but would this be the reason for them potentially voting no?

And now I feel dirty. I got suckered into conversation on this realignment mess by a riddle. Yay. :wacko:

Dogfrog

A&M would vote no because they don't want to improve our in state recruiting, pretty much the same reason the rest of the Texas schools don't want us. If this is real, and I doubt it, if all the North schools are voting as a block and the south schools are voting as a block, they may not be able to approve any candidates.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Would A&M vote no in order to get released from the threat of litigation? Well, I know they would, but would this be the reason for them potentially voting no?

And now I feel dirty. I got suckered into conversation on this realignment mess by a riddle. Yay. :wacko:

He was way off on his last post so don't worry about anything being spoken, even if in riddles.

frogs9497

Am I allowed to post the Johnny Cash middle finger pic?

Whether the info here is accurate or not, it is profoundly offensive that any of my tax dollars support some of these bastardized Big 12 programs.

ms19

Everyone knows who is available. If the north schools had another school they wanted more they wouldn't all vote yes. They want tcu. The conference is gonna expand- i like our chances if true. The north schools seem united and based on Commissioners comments i think he likes us too.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
A&M would vote no because they don't want to improve our in state recruiting, pretty much the same reason the rest of the Texas schools don't want us. If this is real, and I doubt it, if all the North schools are voting as a block and the south schools are voting as a block, they may not be able to approve any candidates.

If they want TCU they just need to wait until TAMU exits if they were leaning no, however almost straight from the TAMU Pres office they would vote for the Frogs if for no other reason than to piss off UT plus they know they would get overridden in the next vote.

Deep Purple

Guess they are technically a member still, even though they have notified 'intent' to leave if an offer comes up.
"If an offer comes up" doesn't enter into it. A&M has said they're leaving regardless. They even said they're willing to go indy for a year if necessary to end any threat of suit and make the SEC comfortable with inviting them. A&M is gone.

Waccy Frog

ATM will not be allowed to vote, period. They have not taken part in any meeting recently. They no longer share the conferences interests, and they will not vote on its future, unless they agree to drop the SEC, sign their media interests over to the conference, and get back on the bus.

This post is just stupid. Almost as stupid as saying that TCU has a guaranteed ticket to the PAC 12 or SEC. Oh, wait a minute, same guy.

Give it a rest.

SouthTexasToad

"If an offer comes up" doesn't enter into it. A&M has said they're leaving regardless. They even said they're willing to go indy for a year if necessary to end any threat of suit and make the SEC comfortable with inviting them. A&M is gone.

But, not until July 31, 2012, I thought. Would put them in the same situation as we are. We still get a MWC vote at the moment, correct? May not be thought highly of by the rest of the conference, but still technically a standing member with a vested say until departure.

Waccy Frog

Guess they are technically a member still, even though they have notified 'intent' to leave if an offer comes up.

When teams announce they are leaving conferences, they are excluded from votes about further expansion. So it has been, so it shall always be.

Remember, GF sold us a grand conspiracy where the SEC refused to take TCU in exchange for the Big 12's release of ATM. Also a load of crock.

I don't know how all this will shake out, but it will have nothing to do with anything GF is peddling.

He was way off on his last post so don't worry about anything being spoken, even if in riddles.

Was right at the time it was said. All bets are off at this point regarding SEC/Big 12. Pac and UT lack of a deal and Pac expansion shutting down changed everything.

The poker game being played right now inside and outside the Big 12 is as high stakes as any in Vegas. It's a chess match and they are making moves now that were planned 20 moves ago. Everyone who thinks the conferences and presidents are just flying by the seat of their pants needs to think a little broader and deeper.

Boomhauer

Doesn't matter whether A&M votes or not (in this scenario), either way TCU still needs either UT, Tech, or Baylor to vote Yes in order to meet the 75% requirement.

When teams announce they are leaving conferences, they are excluded from votes about further expansion. So it has been, so it shall always be.

Remember, GF sold us a grand conspiracy where the SEC refused to take TCU in exchange for the Big 12's release of ATM. Also a load of crock.

I don't know how all this will shake out, but it will have nothing to do with anything GF is peddling.

LOL

You think that A&M doesn't have a voice? The 12 wants A&M to stay. They have a voice.

As for the "conspiracy", it was no such thing. It's fact. You clearly have no idea how these things work.

And to clear one thing up, the 12 didn't say "don't take TCU". They said "A&M is the only team from Texas".

Dogfrog

If they want TCU they just need to wait until TAMU exits if they were leaning no, however almost straight from the TAMU Pres office they would vote for the Frogs if for no other reason than to piss off UT plus they know they would get overridden in the next vote.

I read here that it takes 75% for approval. If true, it will take 8 yes votes today or 7 without A&M. It will be tough for anybody to get there.

If you guys don't want me to post info, just say so. I am happy to keep it to myself. I understand skepticism, but don't infer that I am a liar or making things up.