• The KillerFrogs

College World Series – TCU vs. LSU – Thursday Game Thread

Pharm Frog

Pulled some of these from TigerDroppings over the last 68 pages of their thread representing about the 5th inning on to the end.  Many had hope right up to the end.  Overall there is no comparison to TexAgs and some other fan boards.  I'm generally not a fan of LSU athletics but have always felt that their baseball fans were knowledgeable and fair.  Mostly proved it again tonight if their thread is any indication.  And they aren't fond of coaches eating apples....

Mainieri consistently does less with more than any coach in America outside of maybe Garrido.

o/u 2 more innings until TCU's coach is eating an apple

Glad to see little old TCU out hitting and out pitching us twice

When you make up for bad pitching with poor hitting you get swept by a team like TCU. See ya next year Tigers.

Clearly outmatched...they have pitching we dont.....end of story..

Clearly outmatched...they have hitters that hit pitching and we dont.....not the end of story..

At least Jennings was arrested.

F'ing blows watching this game in Dallas airport right now. Surrounded by horny frogs with their gay horned toad fingers... Have some respect dammit were the best!

Tcu has a lot of seniors and has gotten hot at the right time even though they have no power hitting and aren't a strong hitting team. This park plays perfectly for a team like that and it is sometimes hard to watch.

I'm really tired of tcu scoring runs bc of our frick ups

Johnny Wholestaff is more like Johnny Halfmast

TCU will bring in their 99 mph guy in the 8th or 9th. So we better make up these three runs quick.

Um we won the SEC this season.

Probably because we didn't play series with the two best teams in the SEC this season: Florida and Vandy.   LSU is a top 5 team. But there is clear separation between them and Florida, Vandy, and TCU.

SEC must have really sucked this year.

This guy has absolutely raped us. 2.2 IP on 18 pitches. Only fricking hell

Sorry but this team is better than us in just about every facet.

Only one facet. They have better pitchers. That is all   Our D has been exceptional tonight. Our hitting is stifled by their excellent pitching.

TCU pitching owned atm and is owning LSU 

TCU is just the better team

AH eating an apple again

Oh great that Ahole is eating again.. I don't recall him eating once during the Vandy game. 

There's the ole "comfortable lead" Apple.

You guys excited about season 2 of True Detective?

Well yall it was an awesome season, congrats to TCU they completely shut our bats down 2 games in a row.

Looks like a 1-2 & Q to me. TCU is just better--hats off to Schloss---

So. Are we sure Paul's family is safe. They're not being held hostage?

Like I said earlier. He's managed it like we are playing Southern on a Wednesday night in March

they have a guy who hasn't given up a run in 25 innings pitched. He may come in in the 8th or the 9th.  (PROPHETIC)

I hope TCU coach eats another apple while PM digs a hole in the ground to lay in.

We are simply not as good as TCU. They have outpitched, outhit, and out coached us both of these games. Even if we come back and win this which I doubt, we do it looking like a 1920's cellar dweller. We have a bull pen of about 12 pitchers and not one can keep this TCU team in check.

TCU should send LSU a thank you card for the two gifts given to them this week. Errors, poor pitching changes, swinging at crap, and walks have made it easy for them. 

Hats off to TCU, I'll be pulling for them from here on out if they win tonight. Classy bunch, great team.

They are just better than us guys. They hit a hell of lot better, pitch a hell of a lot better and coached better. They're are owning us plain and simple.

TCU does everything well. We have no clue.

TCU looks over and sees CPM and laugh reminds me of bob knight looking over and seeing dale brown laughing

Blown out by TCU twice

18 runs TCU has scored on LSU now in two games. 
Iconbanghead.gif

I believe the Horny Toads are even eating our Buggman 
Iconbanghead.gif

I guess you can say TCU is not impressed with our number 1 ranking. I think they like playing us.

And on comes Netflix.

18 runs against LSU, 0 against Vandy!

We look like a High School team against a college team.

TCU is making a huge mistake. Why remove a guy who did that?

Thank god he is done

He retired 13 guys on 36 pitches

New pitcher. This is where the comeback begins.

New pitcher from Baton Rouge

TCUs coach got mind fricked by CPM into pulling a great pitcher..the master plan is working..

This team is just smoking us. Geeze. It's embarrassing.

I just went on my back patio and murdered 3 frogs out of spite 

TCU brings in their Baton Rouge pitcher. Rubbing our nose in it.

Not many teams do. A large % of the runs are due to the number of errors and walks. It's a pitcher's park and really sucks.   Average teams with good pitching (UCLA, Arizona, TCU) can have more success in the CWS than they do in the regular season. They really need to demolish the joint and start over! 

What a [ Finebaum ]ty day to be an LSU fan. Seems these days come far too often lately. Great recruiting and the [ Finebaum ]tiest in-game coaching possible seems to be our MO in the big 3. Keeping in mind our athletic programs largely recruit themselves.  Oh and more thuggish behavior from our key football players during the offseason. Our supposed leaders of the team no less. Mismanagement from the top down. 

TCU's pitching staff is nasty. Credit where credit's due.

Guillory giving us the crazy ears for swinging at that pitch. LOL

Pitcher just trolled us with our crazy sign

Dude just mocked our gesture we do after a hit. Someone needs a fastball on the rathole.

It shows that he has complete contempt for LSU's offense.

I have no problem with TCU pitching a BR kid and him doing our own "celebration" against us.  Seriously. This team pushed our poo in twice and embarrassed Mainieri.

Their pitchers shut us the frick down. When you make gestures, you better back them up.

Go Vandy.

TCU coach about to take out an apple

Wait, I need to grow a pair because a team that blew us out twice is mocking us and I don't necessarily think we don't deserve it.  We lost twice against them because our #2 starter developed the world's tightest butthole and bitched two easy throws to 1st and our coach apparently thought the way you do it is to pull the pitcher if he's getting the other team out.

Bam Boom hit everyone except for TCU. We did hit against Fullerton

TCU not even bringing in their closer. Leaving Mr Baton Rouge out there to finish us off.

Just shows that Apples>gold jerseys

Is it too early to start the hire Schlossnagle thread? 

But those attendance levels equals a bigger budget which equals a bigger check to write to the head coach. If LSUs powers that be decided that TCUs coach had the stuff to be an all time great with the facilities and history that LSU has, TCU couldn't do [ Finebaum ]e to keep him because their budget for the baseball coach is tiny compared to ours.

Baseball is done and 25% of the football team in jail or just bailed out. 

The rally has begun! 
Iconbanana1.gif

COMEBACK!!!

At least this team is capable of empty stats.

1st earned run on that guy for the season?  Moral victory!

Sweet we ruined that dude's 0.00 ERA 

Bregman is the tying run fwiw

One out away from being taken out of our misery.  Laird = Out

Bregman is about to hit a grand slam. Calling it now 

Bregman game tying grand slam 

Only natural the guy who was kicked off is the last out

baton rouge kid fanned him.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tcu gets Beuler and fulmer back to back. Go vandy.

Vandy basically has a full scholarship roster. frick them.

Tcu has good pitching and a lot of senior players even though they all hit .220 to .270.

There are no excuses but that of TCU and any other team we would have played tonight is just that much better. Period

The ump had a tiny strike zone. TCU hitters took advantage of it. LSU hitters were oblivious. TCU was clearly the better team.

Vanderbilt, Virginia, TCU, Florida, and UCLA have most definitely surpassed LSU in baseball.

I hope TCU wins it. 

Great season Tigers! 
Iconbow.gif
  :bow: :bow: 

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Just landed in Frankfurt, missed the whole game flying from Houston. Awesome game, awesome Tiger and Aggy tears. Really tough games ahead. More SECSECSEC, ad nauseum.

The next game starts at 0300 local time for me. I'll be watching! Thank goodness for VPNs that allow me to fool WatchESPN into thinking I'm still in Houston!

froginmn

PhormerPhrog said:
Had to pause it to file a police report. Caught up but I bet the cops will come to the house in the 9th.
PhormerPhrog said:
Cop came to the door with 2 outs and had to pause it. After he does what he needs to do he asks how the game went. We get to talking and he's a TCU alum. Kind of a younger guy. Knew a lot about baseball. Good Frog. Didn't even get his name.
#phormered

Nice prediction, tho

TCUdirtbag

OmniscienceFrog said:
Sure it is.  It doesn't affect pitching availability at all.  :wacko:
Correct it doesn't really. Falling into the losers bracket really does

Florida won Wednesday, and will have to win Friday and Saturday to get to the championship series. For TCU to get to the championship series, we have to win Thursday Friday and Saturday. If we get to the championship series, we'll be facing a Florida team with very similar issues, or we'll be facing a team that went through the winners bracket.

The fact still is that every tournament gives the slight edges to the top seed. You can rightfully argue the NCAA baseball tournament should be seeded 1-16 before regionals and re-seeded for Onaha. But you can also argue fairly against reseeding. It is what it is, and there's no extreme injustice

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I sometimes wonder if playing everyday helps to keep the jitters away and keep them focused on playing and winning.  perhaps the format is actually favorable for us?

pgdaly84

PurplFrawg said:
I sometimes wonder if playing everyday helps to keep the jitters away and keep them focused on playing and winning.  perhaps the format is actually favorable for us?
The last time somebody won the CWS out of the loser's bracket was 1989 per Gil Lebreton. If anyone can pull it off it's this year's Frogs, but we are going against incredible odds. Probably close to the same odds a team has of coming back from 8-1 with 2 outs in the 8th.

After tonight and the great story about Micah I have a better feeling. Too much crazy stuff has happened, and the Frogs are playing for more than themselves. I think this Energy Train keeps going after tonight. #NEGU

TCUdirtbag

pgdaly84 said:
The last time somebody won the CWS out of the loser's bracket was 1989 per Gil Lebreton. If anyone can pull it off it's this year's Frogs, but we are going against incredible odds. Probably close to the same odds a team has of coming back from 8-1 with 2 outs in the 8th.

After tonight and the great story about Micah I have a better feeling. Too much crazy stuff has happened, and the Frogs are playing for more than themselves. I think this Energy Train keeps going after tonight. #NEGU
TCU and Florida are both capable of coming out of the losers' brackets. But the odds still favor a Vandy-Virginia rematch.

But scheiss the odds. Let's win the damn thing.

texasrobster1997

pgdaly84 said:

True, it's unlikely, but most teams are like LSU who would have been depleted of pitching if they had to play tonight. How many CWS teams are as deep in pitching as we are? Are we really that much worse off with Alexander tonight than if we had Morrison rested? All our pitchers are outstanding. If I had to guess, I'd put the odds on 1-2 on us advancing.

Speaking of, what are the numbers on teams making it to the finals out of the losers bracket? I'd be more interested in that stat.

pgdaly84

texasrobster1997 said:
True, it's unlikely, but most teams are like LSU who would have been depleted of pitching if they had to play tonight. How many CWS teams are as deep in pitching as we are? Are we really that much worse off with Alexander tonight than if we had Morrison rested? All our pitchers are outstanding. If I had to guess, I'd put the odds on 1-2 on us advancing.

Speaking of, what are the numbers on teams making it to the finals out of the losers bracket? I'd be more interested in that stat.
Not sure what the % is, but in 2012 South Carolina was the last team to make the final from the losers bracket.

Big Frog II

If we start Tyler tonight, who do we start Saturday?  If we play next week, who is available?  Too bad there is not a period of time off like between the regionals and super regionals.

Ron Swanson

Big Frog II said:
If we start Tyler tonight, who do we start Saturday?  If we play next week, who is available?  Too bad there is not a period of time off like between the regionals and super regionals.
Morrison will start either tonight or tomorrow... not sure which

HoustonHornedFrog

pgdaly84 said:

It hasn't been that long. Since Wichita State won coming out of the losers bracket in 1989,
South Carolina lost their first game of the CWS in 2010 to OU and went on to win it all. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_Baseball_Tournament
  USC also won it in 1998 after losing their first game to LSU
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_NCAA_Division_I_Baseball_Tournament

So while it is rare, it has happened more often than Lebreton thinks.