• The KillerFrogs

College World Series – TCU vs. LSU – Thursday Game Thread

TCUdirtbag

OmniscienceFrog said:
Now, we can start questioning the format that gives an advantage to bracket #1 over bracket #2.

What's to question? The #1 National Seed is given the easier path. Welcome to basically every tournament format ever. 

ftwfrog

Haven't been able to keep up as a good frog fan should, but do you realize we just beat the best team in the country by a combined 11 runs the last 2 games??

Win tomorrow.

OmniscienceFrog

TCUdirtbag said:

What's to question? The #1 National Seed is given the easier path. Welcome to basically every tournament format ever. 

TCUdirtbag said:

Sure, assuming they know correctly who the #1 national seed should be.  Not a # 3 regional seed.

QuilterFrawg said:

Kill someone?
Thought about it. No, I moved the trash bins at 7 AM when the roofers arrived and one of them had a torn up LV purse and some women's clothing. My wife was worried that a woman had been sexually assaulted and the assailant dumped her clothes and purse into our trash. Cop thinks it was probably a homeless person. Either way, my wife is satisfied that the clothes will be inventoried in case it matches a crime.

OmniscienceFrog

swimmerbabe11 said:
You know what I meant.
Yes I do, but it's not a legitimate excuse.  That is what is wrong with the format.  When you get to the final 8 teams, four of them should not have a scheduling advantage over the other four when nobody really knows who #1 is. 

TCUdirtbag

OmniscienceFrog said:
Yes I do, but it's not a legitimate excuse.  That is what is wrong with the format.  When you get to the final 8 teams, four of them should not have a scheduling advantage over the other four when nobody really knows who #1 is. 
The effect is minimal. Get over it.

OmniscienceFrog

Re-seeding wouldn't be bad at all.   If higher seeds deserve the benefits, then it probably should be re-seeded, but that's not a big deal.  I'd like to see it be random.  Put the bracket's together, like they do now, that's fine.  Then make it a random draw as to which one starts on Saturday and which one starts on Sunday.

Why should 2-0 Virginia get two days off while 2-0 Vandy only gets one?  Why should TCU have to turn around and play Vandy tomorrow while Florida gets a day off before they play Virginia?  Because UCLA was named the #1 seed three weeks ago?

Sure the nature of the CWS requires that one bracket gets the short end of the stick, but it doesn't have to determine which one before the regional tournaments even start.  Why should a #3 seeded regional team that made the CWS by beating another #3 seeded regional team have a scheduling advantage over a #2 national seed that does make it through their regional and super regional, and on to the CWS?

jack the frog

ftwfrog said:
Haven't been able to keep up as a good frog fan should, but do you realize we just beat the best team in the country by a combined 11 runs the last 2 games??
Win tomorrow.
Not only the best team in the country but ones that plays in a confernce that is better that the AL east.