• The KillerFrogs

Coach Patterson Press Conference - SFA (Sep 8, 2015)

MinFrog

At this point, our LBers will be better than expected and our DL worse than we expected (Assuming we have 2 DEs down for the year and get Pierson back).

And our offense should figure it out.

Not good news, but not devastating. Yet.

TCUWIN

Sorry TCUdirtbag, I was being sarcastic after I said I agreed with you. I mean it does have a weird feel. Not that I think there is anything of legal issues like the drug bust. Now if one player stole a case of beer, that player needs to be dealt with by the coaches and never mentioned outside of the locker room. But I don't like the tone of CGP today.  

Can anyone look up TCU stats going back 15 years when we play on Thursday Nights?   I believe we are cursed on Thursday nights some of our worst losses and terrible performances have occured on Thursday games.  We seem to play our best on Saturday Games in a routine that doesn't change.   I hope Coach P is just motivating the team  to play better, but he doesn't want anyone to know who is playing or out so we will see who plays Saturday.

The Colonel

It's time for the team to have a little dose of this (warning: NSFW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEbEmsGVrco

35ktmz6.png

SnoSki

The Douglas news stings. That said I'm not getting the major negative vibes that everyone else here is. GP has never been sunshine and roses when talking Frog football.

jake102

I hate the Douglas injury a ton, but at least it happened early in the game. Gave Summers an entire big time game to start to figure things out. He won't be nearly as phased come Tech.

SnoSki

Issahaku moved to LB from SS.
EDIT: Travin Howard. Not issahaku.

Excited to see Montrel Wilson get some reps this weekend hopefully. He supposedly had a strong camp.

jake102

I thought it's Travin Howard to LB?

Both are listed at 6'1" but Howard is 10 lbs heavier. Also believe Howard is further down the depth chart at safety. I think Isaahuku is first man up at safety

Moose Stuff

Jake102 said:
I thought it's Travin Howard to LB?

Both are listed at 6'1" but Howard is 10 lbs heavier. Also believe Howard is further down the depth chart at safety. I think Isaahuku is first man up at safety
It was Howard.

pgdaly84

Everyone needs to chill out. Summers was getting snaps ahead of Douglas last year and would've played more as a true frosh if he hadn't gotten hurt. I think we'll be ok if Summers and Freeze can stay healthy. Time to get some other guys reps too. Looks like Dunham won't be able to redshirt. Funny thing is that if Boykin had hit two easy TD passes that he makes 99/100 times then we'd all be feeling much differently about things.

f_399

Besides the injuries, seems like coach speak to fire up the team.

Either way, I am here to enjoy the ride of TCU football and college football in general.

TCUdirtbag

Jefffrog1993 said:
Can anyone look up TCU stats going back 15 years when we play on Thursday Nights?   I believe we are cursed on Thursday nights some of our worst losses and terrible performances have occured on Thursday games.  We seem to play our best on Saturday Games in a routine that doesn't change.   I hope Coach P is just motivating the team  to play better, but he doesn't want anyone to know who is playing or out so we will see who plays Saturday.
Didn't we have a lot of success in 2005 on Thursdays? Man, those 2000-2007 years are all starting to run together. But it seems like the first MWC year we upset some folks at home on Thursdays---thinking of BYU and Utah specifically.

Moose Stuff

pgdaly84 said:
Everyone needs to chill out. Summers was getting snaps ahead of Douglas last year and would've played more as a true frosh if he hadn't gotten hurt. I think we'll be ok if Summers and Freeze can stay healthy. Time to get some other guys reps too. Looks like Dunham won't be able to redshirt. Funny thing is that if Boykin had hit two easy TD passes that he makes 99/100 times then we'd all be feeling much differently about things.
What's the word on Semaj Thomas?

I used to call it black Thursday that is the night we lost at Utah and they beat Alabama in Sugar Bowl.   We have won big games, I know it was the curse of Thursday night and no one could figure out why we couldn't play on Thursday well.

steelfrog

Tier 1
TCUdirtbag said:
Didn't we have a lot of success in 2005 on Thursdays? Man, those 2000-2007 years are all starting to run together. But it seems like the first MWC year we upset some folks at home on Thursdays---thinking of BYU and Utah specifically.
Maybe you were drunk at the time...