• The KillerFrogs

Coach Luper visiting with Derrick Green Today

SnoSki

Wow, that's a big recruit to pay a visit to. Hope he stops by Dee Liner's house on the way home, as both Green and Liner were highly interested in Auburn.

Lone Frog

Good speed, looks strong - and has really good hands (throw it to him!). Size?
Rivals has him at 6', 220.

Profile.

If it's true, I'm loving the work and effort Luper is putting in already. Who says we can't go after and get these recruits? Hell, frickin' Virginia has a 5-star and two 4-stars in their incoming class.

TX_Krötenechse

Lone Frog - Schools like UVA that might be subpar performance-wise still benefit massively from homegrown fanbases and being a state's flagship school. Unfortunately we don't have that status and never will - so we have to earn recruits.

Genbukan

Just for grins............if it was an either or case.......would you rather Derrick Green or Travoriss Johnson.

Looking at both of their highlight films I like TJ better.

Thats not to say I wouldn't be happy to add both :cool:

West Coast Johnny

Just for grins............if it was an either or case.......would you rather Derrick Green or Travoriss Johnson.

Looking at both of their highlight films I like TJ better.

Thats not to say I wouldn't be happy to add both :cool:
I like the guys we have. Hicks & Johnson - best RB recruiting class in the country.

Lone Frog

Very pleased with Johnson and Hicks. But wouldn't mind adding Green as well. After all, I'm thinking there's a chance Hicks won't play this year (depending on his recovery, of course).

rifram09

Very pleased with Johnson and Hicks. But wouldn't mind adding Green as well. After all, I'm thinking there's a chance Hicks won't play this year (depending on his recovery, of course).

If you come in with an injury, can you qualify for a medical redshirt and then a normal redshirt... Essentially providing 6 to play 4?

frognutz

Is there a legitimate concern that he physically will be unable to play?

Hopefully this will be the year of the forward pass and Way Jay, BJ, and Boik can tote the rock the kill games.

Lone Frog

Is there a legitimate concern that he physically will be unable to play?

Hopefully this will be the year of the forward pass and Way Jay, BJ, and Boik can tote the rock the kill games.
I really don't know. I just know he went under the knife in December. I'd suspect he'll be good by the time the season starts, but don't know how it'll impact his training time or if CGP decides to play it ultra-safe with him.

asleep003

If you come in with an injury, can you qualify for a medical redshirt and then a normal redshirt... Essentially providing 6 to play 4?

That would be nice... but seriously doubt the possibility. An alternative plan to that, would be to greyshirt him in the fall semester, if it appears he's not going to be fully recovered for the 2013 season... if of course there is another player/recruit available we really need to give a spot/scholly to. He could be ready to go though... and if not, would want him to be alright about the strategy.

Cheers !