• The KillerFrogs

CO Springs Gazette: "I don’t see [Dalton] starting another game in his life."

SnoSki

Here's the link

Let me say that again:
Andy Dalton is not an NFL starter.
He was a nice college quaterback who fit perfectly into Texas Christian’s offensive system. He often demolishd Air Force. He won a massive pile of college games, but several dozen other college quarterbacks would have collected just as many victories.
And maybe a couple more. (Thinking about that 2010 bowl battle against Boise State and TCU’s 2007 loss at Air Force. Dalton’s throw to AFA’s Carson Bird remains the single dumbest throw I’ve ever seen in person.)

Continued on site.. see above

This dude really doesn't like AD muvh. Sour grapes I suppose?

10 Key Frog

Wow. So he's not a first rounder because he threw one awful pass as a green freshman? I'm sure glad no NFL QB has ever thrown one awful pass in their career.

Frog_Fan71

The one thing I never hear from anyone in the scouting circles is that arm strength can be increased. They seem to have this mindset that whatever your velocity is now is what it always will be. This is not the case.

For example. I ran a 4.8 40 in the 8th grade (around 1987). I never looked to improve upon that time because I was lazy, the same held true with my studies. Many years after high school I took to looking into ways to make myself more physically fit. After several months of research into the latest studies in fitness and some studies that were actually conducted in the mid to late 60's by none other than Bruce Lee. In the late 90's I devised a workout regimen based on several of Bruce Lee's principles that I had read about. I formulated a custom workout tailored to my body type and physiology that was designed loosely off of his training regimen that increased several aspects of my body's performance.

The first was to gain tremendous endurance. This was achieved by running 2 miles a day with the last quarter-mile being a full sprint prior to my workout. My workout consisted of four hours of various exercises designed to promote muscle endurance, tone and extreme strength, while keeping bulk to an absolute minimum. I followed up this workout by another two mile run with the last quarter-mile being another full sprint. My regular workout schedule prior to having kids was 6 days a week, 4 to 6 hours a day.

Within six months I had achieved an extremely lean body. I weighed a paltry 126 lbs and could run a 4.2 40 with ease.

My background is that I'm of small stature by nature. I started high school at 115 lbs. and graduated weighing 123 lbs. I was a 3 time state champion power lifter while in high school so I had a background in various aspects of physical training and nutrition. The fact that I'm 5'6" and have no desire to be anything other than a dad is why I never did anything with what I accomplished. My training was purely geared for martial arts and self defense only, nothing more.

Saying that an individual is locked into certain strength limitations when clearly their physique tells you otherwise, is a complete lie. So much more can be done without the use of drugs, to enhance the human body. It takes a LOT of work, but it is possible. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar because they could never do it themselves.

michaelperrytcu

Let me say that again:
David Ramsey is not a major sportswriter.
He is a nice small-time journalist who fits perfectly into an irrelevant newspaper that very few people read or care about, but several dozen other 8th graders could write just as well. (his article about Dalton is the single dumbest thing I've ever read, and I've read countless tcumaniac posts). He will never write for a newspaper worth a damn.

westtexfrog

Bad throw on a bad call by none other than our ex OC.

Arm Strength Monsters: Brady, Brees, Montana. These are the first three that came to my mind. None of them were/are regarded as having tremendous arm strength. This guy is a bozo!

NubomTurk

Tier 1
Let me say that again:
David Ramsey is not a major sportswriter.
He is a nice small-time journalist who fits perfectly into an irrelevant newspaper that very few people read or care about, but several dozen other 8th graders could write just as well. (his article about Dalton is the single dumbest thing I've ever read, and I've read countless tcumaniac posts). He will never write for a newspaper worth a damn.
I saw what you did there. Well done.

Armadillo

Best. Post. EVER......

:wacko:

The one thing I never hear from anyone in the scouting circles is that arm strength can be increased. They seem to have this mindset that whatever your velocity is now is what it always will be. This is not the case.

For example. I ran a 4.8 40 in the 8th grade (around 1987). I never looked to improve upon that time because I was lazy, the same held true with my studies. Many years after high school I took to looking into ways to make myself more physically fit. After several months of research into the latest studies in fitness and some studies that were actually conducted in the mid to late 60's by none other than Bruce Lee. In the late 90's I devised a workout regimen based on several of Bruce Lee's principles that I had read about. I formulated a custom workout tailored to my body type and physiology that was designed loosely off of his training regimen that increased several aspects of my body's performance.

The first was to gain tremendous endurance. This was achieved by running 2 miles a day with the last quarter-mile being a full sprint prior to my workout. My workout consisted of four hours of various exercises designed to promote muscle endurance, tone and extreme strength, while keeping bulk to an absolute minimum. I followed up this workout by another two mile run with the last quarter-mile being another full sprint. My regular workout schedule prior to having kids was 6 days a week, 4 to 6 hours a day.

Within six months I had achieved an extremely lean body. I weighed a paltry 126 lbs and could run a 4.2 40 with ease.

My background is that I'm of small stature by nature. I started high school at 115 lbs. and graduated weighing 123 lbs. I was a 3 time state champion power lifter while in high school so I had a background in various aspects of physical training and nutrition. The fact that I'm 5'6" and have no desire to be anything other than a dad is why I never did anything with what I accomplished. My training was purely geared for martial arts and self defense only, nothing more.

Saying that an individual is locked into certain strength limitations when clearly their physique tells you otherwise, is a complete lie. So much more can be done without the use of drugs, to enhance the human body. It takes a LOT of work, but it is possible. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar because they could never do it themselves.

Favre threw a coupla dumb passes during his carreer, too. Did Brady start any games in college? Kurt Warner played arena league and sacked groceries. Not sayin AD will be the next SBMVP but he's good enough to play on Sundays.

Ramsey would seem eminently more qualified throwing one of the Gazette's

paper routes...as opposed to his doddering attempts at sportswriting. :dry:

smredd

just left a solid reply on that column he "wrote". Honestly I think the man was drunk and sitting on the Mack Brown and taking a dump.

Frog DJ

As one of my favorite RTF professors liked to say, "Everybody's got a right to their own stupid opinion."

Go Frogs!

Dogfrog

This is from the "I'll draw attention to myself by making an unfounded negative statement because you can't disprove a negative and by the time it is proven or disproven everybody will forget I wrote this" school of journalism.

RaiderHater

WOW!

So one the main reasons he thinks Dalton wont succeed in the NFL is because of ONE bad pass he had against Air Force as a FRESHMAN.

I'm just going to blow this off as some local sports writer trying to draw some attention. Well I guess that worked now because of this thread.

Johnnyhornedfrog

Do you suppose he is irritated by the fact that after Andy's Freshman Year, he has chewed 'em up and spit 'em out? Andy never seems to make the same mistake twice.

cdsfrog

Airforce fan laying the smack down on Ramsey

"AFA fan here but the writer shows his lack of football knowledge by stating that the Dalton verdict will be in next year. Please tell me how many QBs define their careers their rookie year. Bottom line is that NFL scouts are a bit more knowledgeable on evaluating talent than the arm chair QB that wrote this article. Hey Mr. Ramsey, since you seem to be an expert at all things, I would appreciate it if you could come over and tell us how to win the war in Afghanistan… and get the country out of debt while you are at it…. There is a reason you are not the GM for an NFL team."