• The KillerFrogs

CO Springs Gazette: "I don’t see [Dalton] starting another game in his life."

JugbandFrog

WOW!

So one the main reasons he thinks Dalton wont succeed in the NFL is because of ONE bad pass he had against Air Force as a FRESHMAN.

I'm just going to blow this off as some local sports writer trying to draw some attention. Well I guess that worked now because of this thread.

If he really wanted to dig deeper, he could have looked for some bad throws he made in High School.

Limey Frog

I am assuming the pass vs. AFA in 2007 he is referring to is the late corner fade leading to the pick that allowed the Falcons to win the game, rather than TCU kicking the go-ahead score with time expiring?

If so, then he is right. That was also the single dumbest throw I ever seen. For which I blamed coach Schultz who should have done exactly what any fool knew he should have done, and told Andy to call three straight running plays to the middle then send out the kick team. What kind of retarded writer would assume that a freshman in his third college start was given enough latitude to be calling plays in that situation?

steelfrog

Tier 1
Can't believe you guys are so rude as to lay out on the 123 pound Napoleon complex guy. Can he get a little respect here? Please? Come on folks, let's show some class. He's put in a tremendous amount of work to get to where he is now.

An-Cap Frog

Asshat says: Let me say that again...

I'd like to know the first time he said that? Was it when pro-scouts were looking at taking AD in the first round? Even if AD is a career backup it just goes to show how important the QB position is in the NFL and what lack of talent there is in the NFL. AD will start games at the next level, maybe not as the #1 starter, but things happen and sometimes you have to play a Matt Cassel or a Todd Collins (I prefer Tom Collins by the way). To proclaim automatically that AD is not a started reeks of arrogance...this guy is just looking to add to the number of hits on his page to improve his ad revenue by publishing shock journalism...best to place him on ignore.

Here is another shock claim...Colorado Springs sucks [Craig James]...

monkeyfishfrog

This is the strangest post I've ever read.
The one thing I never hear from anyone in the scouting circles is that arm strength can be increased. They seem to have this mindset that whatever your velocity is now is what it always will be. This is not the case.

For example. I ran a 4.8 40 in the 8th grade (around 1987). I never looked to improve upon that time because I was lazy, the same held true with my studies. Many years after high school I took to looking into ways to make myself more physically fit. After several months of research into the latest studies in fitness and some studies that were actually conducted in the mid to late 60's by none other than Bruce Lee. In the late 90's I devised a workout regimen based on several of Bruce Lee's principles that I had read about. I formulated a custom workout tailored to my body type and physiology that was designed loosely off of his training regimen that increased several aspects of my body's performance.

The first was to gain tremendous endurance. This was achieved by running 2 miles a day with the last quarter-mile being a full sprint prior to my workout. My workout consisted of four hours of various exercises designed to promote muscle endurance, tone and extreme strength, while keeping bulk to an absolute minimum. I followed up this workout by another two mile run with the last quarter-mile being another full sprint. My regular workout schedule prior to having kids was 6 days a week, 4 to 6 hours a day.

Within six months I had achieved an extremely lean body. I weighed a paltry 126 lbs and could run a 4.2 40 with ease.

My background is that I'm of small stature by nature. I started high school at 115 lbs. and graduated weighing 123 lbs. I was a 3 time state champion power lifter while in high school so I had a background in various aspects of physical training and nutrition. The fact that I'm 5'6" and have no desire to be anything other than a dad is why I never did anything with what I accomplished. My training was purely geared for martial arts and self defense only, nothing more.

Saying that an individual is locked into certain strength limitations when clearly their physique tells you otherwise, is a complete lie. So much more can be done without the use of drugs, to enhance the human body. It takes a LOT of work, but it is possible. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar because they could never do it themselves.

Frogs On A Plane

Ticket Exchange Pass
The one thing I never hear from anyone in the scouting circles is that arm strength can be increased. They seem to have this mindset that whatever your velocity is now is what it always will be. This is not the case.

For example. I ran a 4.8 40 in the 8th grade (around 1987). I never looked to improve upon that time because I was lazy, the same held true with my studies. Many years after high school I took to looking into ways to make myself more physically fit. After several months of research into the latest studies in fitness and some studies that were actually conducted in the mid to late 60's by none other than Bruce Lee. In the late 90's I devised a workout regimen based on several of Bruce Lee's principles that I had read about. I formulated a custom workout tailored to my body type and physiology that was designed loosely off of his training regimen that increased several aspects of my body's performance.

The first was to gain tremendous endurance. This was achieved by running 2 miles a day with the last quarter-mile being a full sprint prior to my workout. My workout consisted of four hours of various exercises designed to promote muscle endurance, tone and extreme strength, while keeping bulk to an absolute minimum. I followed up this workout by another two mile run with the last quarter-mile being another full sprint. My regular workout schedule prior to having kids was 6 days a week, 4 to 6 hours a day.

Within six months I had achieved an extremely lean body. I weighed a paltry 126 lbs and could run a 4.2 40 with ease.

My background is that I'm of small stature by nature. I started high school at 115 lbs. and graduated weighing 123 lbs. I was a 3 time state champion power lifter while in high school so I had a background in various aspects of physical training and nutrition. The fact that I'm 5'6" and have no desire to be anything other than a dad is why I never did anything with what I accomplished. My training was purely geared for martial arts and self defense only, nothing more.

Saying that an individual is locked into certain strength limitations when clearly their physique tells you otherwise, is a complete lie. So much more can be done without the use of drugs, to enhance the human body. It takes a LOT of work, but it is possible. Anyone that says otherwise is a liar because they could never do it themselves.

cool_story_bro.gif

TheSheik

1385729_o.gif

SnoopFrogs11

I think he's just bitter the Frogs dominated his Falcons and he can't do anything about it but write how Andy Dalton isn't any good and will never amount to anything.

Rabble Rouser

Here is another shock claim...Colorado Springs sucks [Craig James]...

As someone who grew up in and currently resides in the Springs let me say that The Gazette sucks, especially the sports section. It is not worth reading and even my father, who is an AFA grad and big time Falcon football supporter, cancelled his subscription long ago and never looked back, it was that bad and lets just say articles like this are nothing new. However please do not use a crap paper as an excuse to slam my hometown. Colorado Springs is a great place to live. Amazing weather, good people, lots to do (esp. outdoors), and almost no crime.

Shaboozie

just left a solid reply on that column he "wrote". Honestly I think the man was drunk and sitting on the Mack Brown and taking a dump.

I'm confused. Did he not write it? What the quotations?

Are you another board personality? Seems like you've got a consistent trend in your posts... something negative about someone else and seemingly witty comebacks that either bash someone for wearing cargo shorts or for having pictures of the Rose Bowl champion up in their room.