• The KillerFrogs

Chris Del Conte will soon be a $2 million athletics director

Deep Purple

TCU almost lost Schloss to Miss State and one big reason was the stadium. I know he hopes to upgrade it or rebuild it and put in a memorable entrance, suites, and some other big time additions. TCU needs something over the public schools and scholarships are not like football.
Hogwash. Miss State named Schloss as a candidate of interest, he paid them a visit, interviewed, and looked over their $60 million renovations to Dudly Noble Field. They reportedly offered him $2 million, which is a cool, half-mil more than he makes at TCU. Then he quietly withdrew his name from consideration. This doesn't add up to TCU "almost lost Schloss to Miss State."

Schloss is already one of the highest-paid coaches in all of college baseball. TCU is continually making improvements to Lupton Stadium. The quality of life in Starkville and at Miss State doesn't begin to approach what he already has in Fort Worth and at TCU. Apparently, he saw advantages at TCU that Miss State couldn't match.

Yes, public U's like Miss State offer scholarship advantages TCU can't. Flip side is that TCU offers work-life balance, quality of life, and civic atmosphere advantages that not many places hosting public U's can equal. Which may be why Schloss says TCU is his "dream job."

Above, you say "I know." Apparently not.

frog-hat

cdc did an incredible job for tcu while a frog, and he put a perfect succession plan in place. what more can you ask of an executive. I expect him to do that at ut and whatever follows. he's very talented and works hard.

I hope we make him and his employers miserable at least once per year every fall as long as he wears burnt orange

TCUdirtbag

Hogwash. Miss State named Schloss as a candidate of interest, he paid them a visit, interviewed, and looked over their $60 million renovations to Dudly Noble Field. They reportedly offered him $2 million, which is a cool, half-mil more than he makes at TCU. Then he quietly withdrew his name from consideration. This doesn't add up to TCU "almost lost Schloss to Miss State."

Schloss is already one of the highest-paid coaches in all of college baseball. TCU is continually making improvements to Lupton Stadium. The quality of life in Starkville and at Miss State doesn't begin to approach what he already has in Fort Worth and at TCU. Apparently, he saw advantages at TCU that Miss State couldn't match.

Yes, public U's like Miss State offer scholarship advantages TCU can't. Flip side is that TCU offers work-life balance, quality of life, and civic atmosphere advantages that not many places hosting public U's can equal. Which may be why Schloss says TCU is his "dream job."

Above, you say "I know." Apparently not.

Fact is, Schloss has said he’d like to be part of building a new stadium. Argue with whether you think it’s necessary all you want. But it’s what Schloss wants.

netty2424

So, if the Frogs go undefeated, they will have no chance?
In an effort to not start this debate again and derail a thread for the eleventy-thousandth time, I’ll answer.

Undefeated, there’s a chance. Also depends on what else happens. Nothing is a lock and honestly nothing would surprise me at this point with this CFPSC set up. Call me skeptical.

Dogfrog

I don’t think we need a new stadium. What we do need is reserved seating to accommodate season ticket holders. People buying season tickets year after year plus donor parking so they can schlep their soccer chairs to the berm needs to end. Just extend reserved seating down the first base line one section at a time as supported by season ticket sales.

4 Oaks Frog

I don’t think we need a new stadium. What we do need is reserved seating to accommodate season ticket holders. People buying season tickets year after year plus donor parking so they can schlep their soccer chairs to the berm needs to end. Just extend reserved seating down the first base line one section at a time as supported by season ticket sales.
Yep! CDC did a great job for TCU. But, now he is a Texas university orange cow. scheiss all of the orange cows of the world...
GO FROGS!
BEAT EVERYBODY!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] and orange cows!!

HFrog12

Fact is, Schloss has said he’d like to be part of building a new stadium. Argue with whether you think it’s necessary all you want. But it’s what Schloss wants.

I agree, we have heard first hand that Schloss would like to be a part of building a new stadium. Whether fundraising starts tomorrow or 5 years from now, I think some announcement on a big stadium upgrade will need to be made in the next 5 years. I love how Lupton is currently set up. It makes for an incredible gameday experience. However, as mentioned here before, the suites and facade are quickly becoming outdated. It doesn't bother me personally but its just the nature of trying to keep up.

LawFrog504

Agreed. We also have an ungodly amount of unused space between the fight field line and the bullpen. Like 35 yards worth for no reason. Also would be cool to turn the outfield into some type of beer garden type deal for example

Latest posts