• The KillerFrogs

Chris Barnett- TE

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
At 6-6/245 and with 4.52 speed Chris Barnett is one of the more gifted tight ends in the country and played his freshman through junior years with his father at A. Maceo Smith in Dallas. Then he transferred to Euless Trinity for the spring but left school to return to Dallas Smith. Now he has moved to the mid-cities again and will attend L.D. Bell. Also he had previously committed to Oklahoma but now he appears to be deciding between OU and Arkansas.

At first glance it sounds like he may be a little flaky, but the impetus between these moves is his desire to help out his mother.

So what does this mean for TCU. The coaches have offered but TCU has not been thought to be in the mix for a long time, however his mother continues to need him close by and TCU may be the school he will need to attend. We shall see, but the kid is very family oriented and there may not be a better fit for him than Fort Worth.

Waccy Frog

Feisty, how many can we take this year? If we get commits from, say, LaDarius Brown, Neff (Naff?), one or 2 of the big DTs, Lasco....don't we start to get pretty close to full? I realize that scenario is less than a given, but isn't it possible we could finish with a flourish and be basically done early on?

PhillyFrog

If we get Brown, Hunter & Hodge then it's OK to be done early on.

Also, I think next year will be a better year for OL's. I'm personally hoping that Hatten breaks the Aggie spell and comes back home to the Frogs.

QUOTE(Waccy Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 01:35 PM) [snapback]608767[/snapback]
Feisty, how many can we take this year? If we get commits from, say, LaDarius Brown, Neff (Naff?), one or 2 of the big DTs, Lasco....don't we start to get pretty close to full? I realize that scenario is less than a given, but isn't it possible we could finish with a flourish and be basically done early on?

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(Waccy Frog @ Aug 7 2010, 08:35 AM) [snapback]608767[/snapback]

23 + Hedlund so 8 more.

On Hedlund, his dad is a former professional soccer player and the University of North Texas head coach. Kid could turn out to be a great get.

TCUFrogs

Barnett sure talks alot about other schools though. Haven't heard or read TCU in there for some time.

At one time, he was in love with Miami.

frogman

TCU and CGP have done most of the things in this up cycle ,top of the Pyramid is the only goal not yet acheived,Hopefully we are on the way.

Yet there is a hesitency on part of some top recruits.Seem like we are close to some biggies let us get them.

Gunner

Always the same, they rank us as maybe slightly above average in recruiting. But when I go to practice, I am amazed at the talent level.

Have watched practice every year since Fran and GP arrived. The talent now is miles better. The depth on this team is very, very deep....Look for much more subbing this year. GP has said as much.

Watched Pachall in the spring. We have never, and I mean never, have had a back up with that kind of talent. Hope they get him plenty of reps this year. :biggrin:

MountainWestFrog

Wonderful talent and I think that once he gets through with the recruiting process, then he is going to be a great football player. I think he has to end up in the right program or it will not be good for him. For his sake, TCU is a perfect fit.

frogforlife

QUOTE(Gunner @ Aug 7 2010, 01:28 PM) [snapback]608869[/snapback]
Always the same, they rank us as maybe slightly above average in recruiting. But when I go to practice, I am amazed at the talent level.

Have watched practice every year since Fran and GP arrived. The talent now is miles better. The depth on this team is very, very deep....Look for much more subbing this year. GP has said as much.

Watched Pachall in the spring. We have never, and I mean never, have had a back up with that kind of talent. Hope they get him plenty of reps this year. :biggrin:

You are absolutely right. Was at practice today and and was amazed at the athleticism at all positions. I predict Wellington will be a beast. Cannon has taken him under his wings and the kid just soaks up the knowledge. In 2011 we won't be highly regarded because of all the Seniors we lose this year but I predict if they "grow up" 2011 will also be a banner year. We are a program now.

Dogfrog

Nobody puts athletes in the right spots on the field better than our staff. That's why the great athletes should swarm to TCU. Too many kids have decided what position they should play and too many coaches accommodate them.

arlington

Guys my nephew plays at Trinity and my brother has had CB in his house a few times. Im not sure we want this kid at TCU cuz GP would end up killing the kid. When he was over at christmas for a party we hosted, he said TCU wasnt "Big time" enough for him and even laughed that Richt at UGA had bothered to call him, stating they werent a big time program either. He was a nightmare to deal with in his short time at THS and is a very "Me Me" type kid, which fortunately we havent had a bunch of those type of kids. There is a reason that none of the schools he lists as favorites(USC, Texas, Miami, UCLA) have actually offered. Sure he has the OU offer but OU was so excited they went out and recruited 2 other highly ranked TEs in what will be a small class and probably would have already dropped him if not for his friendship with the top LB in the state, anthony Wallace.

High maintenance kids dont last at TCU, period!

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(arlington @ Aug 7 2010, 07:06 PM) [snapback]608937[/snapback]
Guys my nephew plays at Trinity and my brother has had CB in his house a few times. Im not sure we want this kid at TCU cuz GP would end up killing the kid. When he was over at christmas for a party we hosted, he said TCU wasnt "Big time" enough for him and even laughed that Richt at UGA had bothered to call him, stating they werent a big time program either. He was a nightmare to deal with in his short time at THS and is a very "Me Me" type kid, which fortunately we havent had a bunch of those type of kids. There is a reason that none of the schools he lists as favorites(USC, Texas, Miami, UCLA) have actually offered. Sure he has the OU offer but OU was so excited they went out and recruited 2 other highly ranked TEs in what will be a small class and probably would have already dropped him if not for his friendship with the top LB in the state, anthony Wallace.

Chris played at A. M. Smith in the fall and enrolled late at Trinity and left before spring drills really were finished. Curious why he was at a Trinity christmas party when he wasn't in school there.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(arlington @ Aug 7 2010, 07:06 PM) [snapback]608937[/snapback]

This kind of post always smacks of personal agenda. Inappropriate in any case.

arlington

Feisty how much personal do i need to go? I know the kid and i know the situation. He had a disagreement with dad and showed up at the chicken express with mom buying THS championship t shirts informing us he was transferring to THS thus as a new team member he was invited to the party. Doesnt really matter where he was enrolled at the time. I have more specifics i could share on this board but i wouldn't do that and its not necessary. IMHO i dont think TCU pursuing CB is a good idea and i would venture that i have a little more info to base my opinion on than you do

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
QUOTE(arlington @ Aug 8 2010, 05:26 PM) [snapback]609184[/snapback]
Feisty how much personal do i need to go? I know the kid and i know the situation. He had a disagreement with dad and showed up at the chicken express with mom buying THS championship t shirts informing us he was transferring to THS thus as a new team member he was invited to the party. Doesnt really matter where he was enrolled at the time. I have more specifics i could share on this board but i wouldn't do that and its not necessary. IMHO i dont think TCU pursuing CB is a good idea and i would venture that i have a little more info to base my opinion on than you do

Yeah we don't need kids who risk their future to take care of their mothers.

Personally sounds like you and your dad were bad reps for TCU and came across negative to the kid. You probably were set backs and continue to bad-mouth a really good kid. I have talked to his dad and know the situation with him, have not talked to him but Trinity was not a good place for him and maybe you were a part of that whole affair.

You really should stay away from the kids, quit repping TCU and really should shut up about things you only know a small portion about.

Salfrog

Tier 1
QUOTE(arlington @ Aug 8 2010, 10:26 PM) [snapback]609184[/snapback]

Not agreeing or disagreeing with you about CB, we have taken kids in the past that were considered head cases or risk. Once they came into the program & got them away from their bad elements & grew them up. They turned out to be very good student athletes & teammates. Sometimes its a case of giving a kid a chance or a break to turn their life around.

Does it or has it worked out everytime, no. At the same time, for every 1 kid that doesn't work out. I believe 3 or 4 kids do. We may be overreacting anyway. CB hasn't committed to us, and may not even want TCU. If that's the case, then so be it. But if he decides to come to TCU, then he becomes a part of this family and should be given the help & opportunity to succeed, not judged.