• The KillerFrogs

Choke kings

cdsfrog

I used to watch every single game, and go to 8-10 games. Then came Miami 2005 and Mark Cuban firing Avery Johnson and replacing him with an average coach

And now a loss barely even annoys me. Even I was amazed with choking a 23 point lead late in the 3rd quarter.

Portland must have shot 75% in the 4th quarter

Is Jason Terry the softest loud mouth in the NBA? It isnt fair to blame this meltdown on one person but I am small minded and refuse to look at the big picture. Trade JET now!!!

hometown frog

not JETs fault. Look at the entire bench. All of them had the same lost look on their face at every dead ball from about the 5 min mark of the game. They were beaten before they even lost the lead. SOMEBODY has to step up and stop a run like that, not look across the huddle for help. Dirk? Kidd? Tyson? (who is getting a MAJOR screw job from the refs this series BTW.) Trix?

Im the biggest Mavs homer there is, but I doubt they will win another game this series. Maybe they surprise me and come out in curb stomp mode in game 5, but I doubt it!

Frogs1983

I used to watch every single game, and go to 8-10 games. Then came Miami 2005 and Mark Cuban firing Avery Johnson and replacing him with an average coach

And now a loss barely even annoys me. Even I was amazed with choking a 23 point lead late in the 3rd quarter.

Dittto!A lot of it for me has to do with their Owner acting like a crybaby half the time.Bet he's having a big ol whining session after this debacle.I wouldn't be surprised if Portland wins the next two and oust the Mavs in 6,after what I saw from the Mavs today. No killer instinct on that team.

ReedFrawg

This franchise is almost as big of a joke today as it was when they were winning 10-15 games per year. Now its just a different punch line. (I was not surprised at all that they blew the game.)

berryfrog95

Sickening, [ What the heck? ]....I used to be a huge mavs fan, moved to Austin in 2005 after years of going to many playoff games, you could tell they were starting to lay the groundwork for being choke artist, then Miami happened.........they couldn't get a freaking call then in the Finals or tonight....but you normally don't when your soft!!!!!!! ....well put title for this thread..

maximilian

My problem is that whether it was designed or not, JET was the go to guy in the 4th. WHY? You have a hall of famer and arguably the biggest matchup nightmare in the NBA in Dirk, and you just leave him on the wing. Dirk has to demand the ball, and if need be, he needs to yell at JET in the huddle to give it to him during timeouts. Jason Terry is NOT going to beat anyone. Dirk can and has.

If they want any hope of winning the series, they have to bring the hurt in game 5. They will not, and I mean will not win a game 6 in Portland down 3-2.

frogtwang

I don't blame Cuban for firing AJ. The team wasn't responding to him. AJ's coaching during Golden State was horrible. He changed up what the Mavs were doing all season and tried to "out coach" Nellie as opposed to sticking to what worked during the regular season. I understand that GS was the only team that the Mavs didn't beat during the regular season, but completely changing the game plan caused them to get out of synch. That and GS was making every damn shot they threw up. I can't recall ever seeing that many "lucky" baskets fall.

Mike Brooks

Right there with you. I am ambivalent with Mavs and Cowboys due to Cuban and Jerry. I root for them to win but get strange satisfaction out of seeing the look of "epic fail" on their faces when things go wrong and there teams go down in critical situations.. No lose situation.

Basically Frogs and Rangers at this point. Used to have Stars in the mix but they fired my friend who was GM.

2themax

My problem is that whether it was designed or not, JET was the go to guy in the 4th. WHY? You have a hall of famer and arguably the biggest matchup nightmare in the NBA in Dirk, and you just leave him on the wing. Dirk has to demand the ball, and if need be, he needs to yell at JET in the huddle to give it to him during timeouts. Jason Terry is NOT going to beat anyone. Dirk can and has.

If they want any hope of winning the series, they have to bring the hurt in game 5. They will not, and I mean will not win a game 6 in Portland down 3-2.

There's a reason they don't give the ball to Dirk. Sorry Dirk fans, but he is the meltdown king(refer to Miami final). Team will only go so far as your leader. Mavs need an alpha wolf on the squad and their opponents know that. Can't give Dirk credit when they win and then blame others when they lose. If it's Dirk's team, then call it like it is. Looking at Kobe right now fight and scratch every sec in this game tonight. Don't see Dirk doing that.

maximilian

The Mavs won't win Game 6 in Portland even if they are up 3-2.

I'm not going to debate that game when game 5 hasn't even happened. Will Portland be hungover from the game before? Will Dallas be ready to go and prove that they're not going to fold? Or is this more same ol' same ol'?

hometown frog

Dirk is in the top 10 in NBA history for FG % in game winning shots, and in playoff stat lines so you can't say he's the problem. His only issue is he doesn't go ball hog like Kobe does and jack up an effed up shot when he's got a guy wide open on the wing. He'll never change that part about him.

Everybody has annointed Labron as the king, but he's one of the worst all stars in history on game winning shots and in the playoffs. Guess he doen't live by the same rules that Dirk does....