• The KillerFrogs

Celebrity parents

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Allegedly the Dallas mob boss in the early 70s sent his daughter to TCU, Rumors were she was very pretty but couldn’t get more than one date because the same scary guy ended up at the restaurant, theater, etc. one rumor was a guy took her to the Ridglea Italian Inn and the sat in a booth that had the doors that closed. The body guard supposedly knocked on the door and politely asked them to leave it open. I’m guessing there weren’t many good night kisses...

TX_Krötenechse

One of Perot’s grandsons - at least one - went to TCU. He was involved in that fraternity branding scandal a few years back I believe.

Someone mentioned Bob Lilly Jr - a good friend of mine is Bob Lilly’s niece and graduated from TCU.

The only other celebrity kid I remember meeting at TCU was Clint Renfro, son of Mike Renfro. I think he was on the football team but don’t recall him ever actually playing.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
My daughter is at TCU right now.
tenor.gif

Brog

Winthrop Rockefeller from Arkansas. If I recall, left them a fleet of Suburbans when he graduated.

He actually lived right down the hill on a one block long dead end street off Bellaire, 3308 Marquette Court. There used to be his private security people sitting in a car right at where Marquette Court hits Bellaire. 24-hour-a day! Big stuff!

FrogCop19

Mrs. Brewingfrog was fortunate enough to sit for a spell with the venerable Mr. Robert Earl Keen a couple of years ago. She was wearing her TCU gear (of course) and Mr. Keen remarked that his daughter was a "proud Horned Frog!" The conversation turned to one of his less-famous moments, the crooning of the National Anthem at the last SWC game the Frogs played against the Aggies. "I tried to tell them I couldn't sing, but nobody would listen. I walked out, and the PA was about a second slower than the band, which was playing right in front of me. I'm trying to sing, and the speakers were blaring so late I couldn't keep anything straight. It was terrible. Awful."
I was out on the field in the marching band that day. One of the most embarrassed I've ever been for someone. I remember thinking, "Is he still drunk from last night's show?"

LeagueCityFrog

The heir to the throne of O'Reilly's Automotive went to TCU. So did the heir to Russel Stover's Candy. They were both there about the same time.

Eight

being wealthy isn't necessarily a criteria for being well known and some of the wealthiest people i know fly way under the radar.