• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: Art Briles: Lack of 'brand name' kept Baylor, TCU out of playoff

netty2424

HToady said:
I was thinking more of Sophia Vegara....
uh31YM1.jpg

cdsfrog

cheese83 said:
I'm just ready for the conference networks to blow up once tv providers switch to a la carte & reduce the packages. Knock the big 10 off their high horse.
Get ready to wait 25 years

Big 10 contract will be bigger than the sec

tcumaniac

Art is a man boobed [ profanity ], but he's right in this regard. I'm just glad he's doing the bitching and whining, while Coach P continues to go down the humble, classy route. 

Would you rather piss off two small private schools? Or a long standing national power with one of the largest fanbases in the country?

tcumaniac

This is what I'll NEVER get over:

The committee was trying to pick between 3 one-loss teams- all three had won their conference. All three had big wins against ranked teams. All three teams ended the season hot and looking good. 

To me, there was only one fair category to determine which team got the 4th playoff spot: "Which team had the 'best' loss."
In other words, "which team was truly the closest to being undefeated?"

TCU: 3 point loss on the road IN THE FINAL SECONDS to a rival that is clearly a Top 6 team.
Baylor: 14 point loss on the road to a non-ranked team in a difficult environment
tOSU: 14 point loss to a TERRIBLE team AT HOME. yes. THEY LOSS BY 2 TDs TO A TERRIBLE TEAM AT HOME!

After looking at the losses, there is absolutely NO (mating between Steel & 2314) WAY you justify picking any team but TCU. 

darn the playoff comittee. darn those dishonest, criminal darners. darn every single one of them. 

darn. I'm so (mating between Steel & 2314) pissed off right now. Screw the Peach Bowl. The best team in the country got left at the kiddy table AGAIN.

darn EVERYONE. LET'S GO BEAT THE MOTHER (mating between Steel & 2314) [Craig James] OUT OF EVERY LITTLE darnER THAT DARES TO STEP ON THE FIELD AGAINST US NEXT YEAR. 

FROGS AGAINST THE WORLD. LETS GO

HBOMB

I disagree. UT or OU wouldn't have been a lock over OSU either. If you put UT and OU in TCU/BU position last year I still think the Big XII gets left out. 

Chew

I want Briles to keep TCU out of his discussions with the media. Don't try and lump us together when it only benefits you, you mother darner. Briles wishes BU had the perception that TCU has in the nation. Briles pissed and moaned and said what he wanted to throughout the season at the detriment of his team, university, and ultimately the conference. I don't give a scheiss if he is right in this instance; TCU took the better course of action and I don't want those darners from Waco to keep trying to make the two schools out to be in the same boat. We simply aren't. Since the SWC breakup TCU hasn't been a perennial [ hundin] in any conference it's been a part of. Baylor on the other hand....well we all know what happened.  Art, Keep our name out of your mouth.   

SnoopFrogs11

Art may be right in this instance but at least we do not complain to the media.  GP knows what Art said is true but he chooses not to mention it to the media.  Lastly, I hope to destroy the daylights out of Baylor on a dark day in history. 

Limp Lizard

Frogs1983 said:
Bottom line is if it would have been OU or Texas sitting 3rd and then won their last game by 40 plus points, they would not have been 6th afterward.
If they had been 11-1 they would have been left out, though.  Unfortunately the defending national champion went undefeated in the weakest conference.  No way they would have been selected over the 4 that were selected.  Their name would have had them at #5, though.  Still out.

ftwfrog

Darn Art Briles. Maybe if you didn't go around the country bashing your conference mate for the month of November, then you can claim it should have been a Big 12 team.

Coach P needs to say to the media.  I am a Frog, I know what it means to be a Frog, and our TCU Frog brand is a top National Brand, Art Briles is no Frog and should speak of TCU Frogs ever again.   I wish he would say it.

FrogFrog

cdsfrog said:
Wisconsin intentionally tanking did TCU/Baylor in.

OSU barely beats them and they never get in. In the end the 4 teams that got in weren't going to get left out. Sucks for TCU but if we have a 21 point lead with 11 min left this year we will hold it.

After all the dust had settled and given the makeup of the committee, I think OSU gets in even if they squeezed by Wisconsin.  That Committee was looking to punt the Baylor v. TCU debate that had taken over the national media for months.

nwlafrog

FrogFrog said:

After all the dust had settled and given the makeup of the committee, I think OSU gets in even if they squeezed by Wisconsin.  That Committee was looking to punt the Baylor v. TCU debate that had taken over the national media for months.
Wasn't there several recounts until they got the 4 they wanted? Maybe I am recalling some events wrong but I am pretty sure there was a recount of votes. Perhaps to avoid the controversy of taking us over BU or the other way around.

Frog-in-law1995

nwlafrog said:
Wasn't there several recounts until they got the 4 they wanted? Maybe I am recalling some events wrong but I am pretty sure there was a recount of votes. Perhaps to avoid the controversy of taking us over BU or the other way around.
Not recounts. Revotes. And yes.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Yep. Basically, they're going to invite who the hell they want, and then justify it by whatever means necessary. It's a freakin' scam and I'm not sure I even want a part of it anymore. scheiss E$PN.