• The KillerFrogs

Can we conclude NCAA is worthless: UNC gets no punishment

TCU had its share of questionable courses. Not being a math fan I looked for something easy for my requirements and stumbled on something called related math being taught by the head of the math dept. I thought I had stumbled into a basketball team meeting. The prof trying to be funny wrote 1+1= on the black board and asked if anyone could solve the equation. I can't remember who answered, but someone said eleven. Then Goo Kennedy, Simpson Degrate and Snake Williams proceeded to high giving and laughing. The prof said, "we have our baseline...". I know it was all in fun, but I decided I needed something a little more challenging...
Sounds like we were on campus around the same time, Hoosier. I, too, was searching for some way to get my math credits without destroying my GPA. I found something called "Modern Math" or some such. A lot of it consisted of multiplying and dividing in Roman numerals (modern?) and counting in different base systems. I got out with a C -- wish I'd found the one you did!

netty2424

TCU had its share of questionable courses. Not being a math fan I looked for something easy for my requirements and stumbled on something called related math being taught by the head of the math dept. I thought I had stumbled into a basketball team meeting. The prof trying to be funny wrote 1+1= on the black board and asked if anyone could solve the equation. I can't remember who answered, but someone said eleven. Then Goo Kennedy, Simpson Degrate and Snake Williams proceeded to high giving and laughing. The prof said, "we have our baseline...". I know it was all in fun, but I decided I needed something a little more challenging...
I needed an elective my last semester and somehow I got into coaching football. The professor was none other than defensive coordinator Gary Patterson. It was me and the entire football team. Tests were open discussion.

Frogcrates

For the lawyers out there:

Is there any chance of a lawsuit by, say... I dunno... the Baylor rape victims... against the NCAA for their part in enabling the situation down in Baylor through their lack of enforcement of their own rules among member programs?

Personally, I'd love to see three things:

1) Somebody sue the NCAA

2) The university accreditation agencies flex some serious muscle (which they could) by demanding NCAA rule enforcement and pledging to withhold accreditation to any university (with athletic programs of a certain size, etc.) that attempt to go off and set up a separate, more favorable association (as many have suggested would happen if the NCAA started to actually enforce its rules).

3) Not only for Baylor to get the Death Penalty, but for the NCAA to go scorched earth on them and send the loudest, most [ Finebaum ]-your-pants message it could possibly send by tearing them apart, digging up every scrap of a violation they can point to along the way, and then leave a bear head on a pike when they leave as a warning to all other programs.

Would love all three but would settle for just the third.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I needed an elective my last semester and somehow I got into coaching football. The professor was none other than defensive coordinator Gary Patterson. It was me and the entire football team. Tests were open discussion.

I took that class my Senior year, taught by none other than Jim Wacker. Still have the textbook, "Winning Football With The Explosive Veer Offense!" by Wacker hissownself. Best line: "Ya gotta win the big games. Those are the ones fans care about. Look at Fred Akers. He couldn't beat OU. Now he's freezing his ass off in the snow at Purdue!"

YA

I took coaching football too in Spring of 94'

Professor--which I don't remember the coach--came to class and asked everyone to write down their names and what grade they expected to get. He said he would look at each person's desire and if our GPA's were in line with our expectations then our wish would be granted. Told the fball players that none of them would get an A based on their play last fall and some would get F's. Class was boring and never took roll. I went twice and made an A.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
As I understand the NCAA problem is that the classes were not a benefit and were open to everyone. I can't believe it took then 7 years to figure that out.

Frog DJ

I never could find that easy math class, either.

I would up taking algebra in summer school, and on the first day the prof said, "We all know the basics of algebra, so we'll just skip the first three chapters of the text book."

I was lost in the desert from day one, and never had a prayer of passing the course, so I dropped it the second day.

Go Frogs!

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Actually, the first high five was between Dodgers Gene Burke and Dusty Baker in 1977. “Getting ten” was indeed around during your tenure.

#imDeepsdaddy
Since you want get your validation of the internet, this is also on the web -

" Murray State University basketball player Lamont Sleets has challenged this story though, claiming that he developed the gesture while playing on his college team in the 1960’s."

You want to base your info on "recorded", do you actually believe that was the first? This was on the streets long before that.

Westsider

Since you want get your validation of the internet, this is also on the web -

" Murray State University basketball player Lamont Sleets has challenged this story though, claiming that he developed the gesture while playing on his college team in the 1960’s."

You want to base your info on "recorded", do you actually believe that was the first? This was on the streets long before that.

I'll be honest...I'm just having some fun....