Can The Frogs Pull It Out?

Can Frogs Win This Regional?

• You Betcha

Votes: 40 60.6%
  • You out your mind, no!

Votes: 26 39.4%

• Total voters

JugbandFrog

I say yes. I feel this is where our pitching depth pays off. Luckily we have used a lot of guys this year and we can count on them to get the job done.

One at a time Frogs!!

ricksterh

:rolleyes: Can the Frogs win? :unsure: I say yes! :cool: Will theY? :huh: If they play like they are capable of in the field and with some timely hitting rhen yes :cool: and if not then football is next! :mad:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
How is DBU's pitching depth? I know they have quality, but how deep? We still have Wink, Maxwell (if healthy) and Miller, with a few guys who can handle chewing innings. If we push them to Monday, could this prove to be a deciding factor?

cdsfrog

How is DBU's pitching depth? I know they have quality, but how deep? We still have Wink, Maxwell (if healthy) and Miller, with a few guys who can handle chewing innings. If we push them to Monday, could this prove to be a deciding factor?

Williamson their #2 is decent nothing special, era of 4 (3.96). Not much of a strikeout pitcher, and opponents hit near .300 off him. Then again we got killed by Stafford who is good but not great.

Rest of their starters at all above era of 4 but below 5. Average if you will. Other than their closer Chris Haney, the rest of their bullpen is average or sucks depending on the player.

Collectively DBU is a basically a crappier version of TCU. Just happens to be they are playing with the same attitude TCU had last year. TCU has lost that this year, and they need to find it again.

Good thing is, we still have time to find it. Let's do this, go frogs

http://dbupatriots.com/custompages/2010-2011/Baseball/teamcume.htm

their stats link, forgot that

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
geno, their "pitching depth" is a euphemism for how much easier it may get for us to do just that. If a team has to throw a bum, we will have a much better chance to get some runs.

cdsfrog

Our "pitching depth" doesn't make much difference if we CAN'T HIT THE DAMN BALL!

Looked at the numbers, TCU is WAY WAY better at pitching, however DBU is actually a better at hitting.

Better average, more home runs, more RBIS, and lot less strikeouts/walks. Not gonna lie that surprised me, but we have been severely disappointing hitting wise.

cdsfrog

geno, their "pitching depth" is a euphemism for how much easier it may get for us to do just that. If a team has to throw a bum, we will have a much better chance to get some runs.

they have 5 pitchers with sub 5 ERA that can start. Problem is we are sucking so hard at hitting we aren't getting to their bullpen which sucks. We need to get to their starters early and are surely capable of doing so.

DBU was 159th in team ERA coming into regionals.........so lets see. Is it that DBU is all of sudden amazing at pitching or possibly we aren't hitting well?

cdsfrog

DBU has had our number this year.

yes and no. We had several chances to win last night. Just like the New Mexico games. Obviously New Mexico got swept in regionals, no surprise since they are awful. DBU however isnt awful, just not elite per say. Their pitching is pretty bad and it wouldnt hold up in CWS.

However, I wouldnt be surpised however if they somehow got through Super Regionals if they beat us or Oral Roberts. They have won more than 40 games already this year.

Frog79

We can still win but the odds are against us big time. We have to go 3-0 in two days (we'll burn a lot of pitching and stretch the bullpen to the max with the extra game) while DBU can rest this afternoon, save their pitchers and then only have to win one of two. Apparently they are going to start Haney against us tonight if we beat ORU. That is not good for us, to say the least. However, we are still the #1 seed. So, all things considered, I'd give us about a 20-25% chance of winning the regional.

cdsfrog

We can still win but the odds are against us big time. We have to go 3-0 in two days (we'll burn a lot of pitching and stretch the bullpen to the max with the extra game) while DBU can rest this afternoon, save their pitchers and then only have to win one of two. Apparently they are going to start Haney against us tonight if we beat ORU. That is not good for us, to say the least. However, we are still the #1 seed. So, all things considered, I'd give us about a 20-25% chance of winning the regional.

Chris Haney? He is their closer.....Hasnt started since 2010.

Do you have link for that info, just curious?

eagartotri

DBU has swagger. They walked into this Regional with it and it showed last night. Aside from the wild pitch and after 9 innings couldn't figure out how to hit a 70 mph softball pitch, we played great defense and had some solid pitching. DBU played phenomenal. They did it all right and played with confidence and swagger. If we don't find our own swagger, we're done.

We'll be fine this afternoon becuase we always bounce back. But, tonight will be tight and we need Josh, Jason and Brance to find their bats. I think it can be done, but only if we decide that DB dos not have our number this year.

NativeFrog

Frogs beat ORU in 2 pm game. DB routs Frogs in evening game, to get 5th straight win over TCU, and they waltz into a Super Regional in Waco, where they probably will sweep Baylor in two games and head to their first College World Series. Frogs lose grip on being bets team in Metroplex and the state.

cdsfrog

DBU has swagger. They walked into this Regional with it and it showed last night. Aside from the wild pitch and after 9 innings couldn't figure out how to hit a 70 mph softball pitch, we played great defense and had some solid pitching. DBU played phenomenal. They did it all right and played with confidence and swagger. If we don't find our own swagger, we're done.

We'll be fine this afternoon becuase we always bounce back. But, tonight will be tight and we need Josh, Jason and Brance to find their bats. I think it can be done, but only if we decide that DB dos not have our number this year.

Especially Rivera. Ever since being on fire early in the year he has been dwindling a little.

I would love to see him get it going

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Frogs beat ORU in 2 pm game. DB routs Frogs in evening game, to get 5th straight win over TCU, and they waltz into a Super Regional in Waco, where they probably will sweep Baylor in two games and head to their first College World Series. Frogs lose grip on being bets team in Metroplex and the state.
Thanks Nostradamus.

cdsfrog

thats the best news frogs could get a prediction like that from NativeFrog. He typically predicts the opposite of what happens so hopefully the frogs tighten the "grip. What a tool