• The KillerFrogs

Caleb Scott

McFroggin

More Frogs the Better said:
Seems like every player mentioned on this page plus Braden Smith could be in a position to make an immediate impact even if we get lucky and get them all. The previous perception that we had enough good receivers was disproven last season. We all know how badly we need a 5 star OL recruit. Whatever we were selling last weekend, do it again and hope everyone is a buyer.
Disproven? Or the OL/QB play was so horrible that we will never know?

TCURiggs

cheese83 said:
With Owens taking a last minute visit that's a cause for concern IMO.

Why wait til the end?
I'm sure he's been getting constant pressure to take a visit. Hopefully he finally just decided to take another one for the experience. That's a common practice, and he seems to be all TCU. I know that doesn't mean much, but I feel like he's similar to Barrett in that regard

cheese83

TCURiggs said:
I'm sure he's been getting constant pressure to take a visit. Hopefully he finally just decided to take another one for the experience. That's a common practice, and he seems to be all TCU. I know that doesn't mean much, but I feel like he's similar to Barrett in that regard
Hope you're right.

TCURiggs

McFroggin said:
Disproven? Or the OL/QB play was so horrible that we will never know?

It's been said before, but I don't think Peyton Manning could've done much behind that OL with that WR play

pastorfrog

TCURiggs said:

It's been said before, but I don't think Peyton Manning could've done much behind that OL with that WR play

I could not agree more.  I am glad to see this class actually addresses those two issues in a clear way.  Will these guys fix it?  I hope.  But I am glad to see the fresh energy at these positions and the staff changes.  Remember, all we need is an average Big 12 offense to go 9-3!

TCURiggs

ifrog said:
This class is shaping up to be a good one.

Sure is. After all of the complaining about recruiting from some folks on here, it's been nice to see this class come together so well

pgdaly84

TCURiggs said:

Sure is. After all of the complaining about recruiting from some folks on here, it's been nice to see this class come together so well
It really is. Issahaku got a great eval from ESPN and is rated a high 3-star. Nice to see an actual bump from ESPN because TCU got a commit. He was unrated until a few days ago. Seems that ESPN and Scout like our recruits way more than Rivals.

texas_sicilian

@DamonSayles: Contrary to reports, WR Emanuel Porter won't take an official visit to #HookEm this weekend. Will host #GeauxTigers on an in-home instead.

Lan Stee

yikes.  I heard that his mom loves TCU and Emanuel really likes LSU.  An in-home visit to follow up his official last weekend scares me.  I hope mom wins out!

pgdaly84

TCURiggs said:
I'd much rather some coaches visit him at home than have him go on an official. Hope we win out
I'm pretty good friends with Coach Fitch's wife, and she told me that Emmanuel was pretty serious about his commitment to the Frogs. Nothing is a lock, obviously, but I think we keep him. Hopefully, we keep Owens too. That kid is a physical specimen. Will be a great DE.

TCURiggs

pgdaly84 said:
I'm pretty good friends with Coach Fitch's wife, and she told me that Emmanuel was pretty serious about his commitment to the Frogs. Nothing is a lock, obviously, but I think we keep him. Hopefully, we keep Owens too. That kid is a physical specimen. Will be a great DE.
Good to hear. Fitch seems to be a great help here. I'm with you on Owens... really hope we hang on to him. I felt that Ty was going to end up here and I have the same feeling about Owens. I haven't felt that way about Porter, but hope I'm wrong

TCUdirtbag

pgdaly84 said:
Seems that ESPN and Scout like our recruits way more than Rivals.
I would guess Rivals was burned pretty bad when all their TCU writers moved to Scout and took all the subscribers with them a couple years ago. I'm sure the new Rivals TCU guys are doing a good job, but I know they had less experience and pretty much had to start back at square one to rebuild a subscriber base. I would assume it's not where it was when the old guys left. TCU is going to get dinged by Rivals when the subscriber base is small and the writers don't have much experience/influence in the organization.