• The KillerFrogs

Caleb Scott

texas_sicilian

According to the Vandy message board, looks like we're close to winning him. Cryptic retweet from a TCU blogger that said it "was the toughest choice he had to make" (his dad was a legacy at Vanderbilt).

SnoSki

GeorgeLanescaddy said:
Besides Boykin, Doctson, and Porter did we have any last year?
Brandon Carter had some pretty great catches last year though his consistency was a bit spotty.

pgdaly84

SnoSki said:
Brandon Carter had some pretty great catches last year though his consistency was a bit spotty.
That's putting it extremely mildly. He's an NFL talent but has no maturity at all. If he can get his head on straight he could be All Big 12. I thought Slanina had a good freshman season. He was probably our best WR the first half of the year.

pastorfrog

pgdaly84 said:
That's putting it extremely mildly. He's an NFL talent but has no maturity at all. If he can get his head on straight he could be All Big 12. I thought Slanina had a good freshman season. He was probably our best WR the first half of the year.

I agree, but why did he disappear in the second half of the season?  That was confusing.  

TCUdirtbag

Be careful what you believe from the average Vandy fan.  Things are very, very bad there, so everyone is very, very negative. They're down to single-digit verbals.  Franklin taking quite a few to PSU and others have bailed left and right.  So, they just assume they won't win any recruiting battles.

I think our odds on this one are 50/50, but I don't think Joe is going to flip from Texas, and I think Porter flipping back to UT is still possible.  Therefore, I think we really, really need Scott.  Even if we keep Porter and get Joe, we should still really want Scott.  A good talent and supposedly a really good kid.  Won't fault him if he decides to follow the family tradition at Vandy, but hope he comes to FW.  

hfrogs10

jewstfrogit said:
Be careful what you believe from the average Vandy fan.  Things are very, very bad there, so everyone is very, very negative. They're down to single-digit verbals.  Franklin taking quite a few to PSU and others have bailed left and right.  So, they just assume they won't win any recruiting battles.

I think our odds on this one are 50/50, but I don't think Joe is going to flip from Texas, and I think Porter flipping back to UT is still possible.  Therefore, I think we really, really need Scott.  Even if we keep Porter and get Joe, we should still really want Scott.  A good talent and supposedly a really good kid.  Won't fault him if he decides to follow the family tradition at Vandy, but hope he comes to FW.  
Still rushing visiting this weekend plus the former Arkie commit. We are bound to get at least 1 maybe more WR.

TCURiggs

I saw that Jarrell Owens is visiting Okie St tomorrow. I'm not that concerned about him flipping, but I didn't think he was going to take any other officials

Ron Swanson

TCURiggs said:
I saw that Jarrell Owens is visiting Okie St tomorrow. I'm not that concerned about him flipping, but I didn't think he was going to take any other officials
Crap, that's who that is?

I know he really likes TCU, but it's never good when they take visits. These coaches are professional salesmen and the OSU facilities are awesome.

TCURiggs

Ron Swanson said:
Crap, that's who that is?

I know he really likes TCU, but it's never good when they take visits. These coaches are professional salesmen and the OSU facilities are awesome.

Yeah. He was pretty adamant that he wasn't going to take other visits as of a few weeks ago, so they've put a pretty good sell on him to get him out there... no likey 

hfrogs10

TCURiggs said:

Yeah. He was pretty adamant that he wasn't going to take other visits as of a few weeks ago, so they've put a pretty good sell on him to get him out there... no likey 
That, and not to over analyze but his twitter avi changed from him in his TCU jersey to just a regular tshirt. Plus I think his background was TCU and now is not.

TronCarter

I still think Jarrell is all TCU. Granted, I don't want to be wrong and get berated by a certain eggnog lover.

Actually, I don't give a boat.

Seems like every player mentioned on this page plus Braden Smith could be in a position to make an immediate impact even if we get lucky and get them all. The previous perception that we had enough good receivers was disproven last season. We all know how badly we need a 5 star OL recruit. Whatever we were selling last weekend, do it again and hope everyone is a buyer.

TronCarter

If we hit on the offensive targets we want, I would go so far as to call this the best, on paper, offensive recruiting class we have ever gotten. Hell, it could be the best class TCU has ever gotten when it is all said and done. 

konafrog

TronCarter said:
If we hit on the offensive targets we want, I would go so far as to call this the best, on paper, offensive recruiting class we have ever gotten. Hell, it could be the best class TCU has ever gotten when it is all said and done. 

No joke, I'm amped. Now lets just see what the new OC's can do with em' when they get to Fort Worth.