• The KillerFrogs

Burnt Orange Blossoming

TCUFanGoFrogs

Yeah our definition of being a fan is obviously different. I don’t think fans have to badmouth other programs all the time or refuse to give another team credit when it is due. Keep your shirt on. It honestly sucks that our fan base puts UT up on a pedestal like we do. I have a ton of friends who are UT fans and they always talk about how obsessed TCU fans are with UT and fans like you are the perfect example. If we were talking about any Other program, would you be this hostile? I doubt it.

TCUFanGoFrogs

Lol it's not even the halfway point of the season. Their defense sucks. They will lose two more

You could very well be right. We will see. The 3 big games are WVU, Okie State and Tech. Very curious how they will handle all those games especially since they’ve played OU and beat them.

TCUFanGoFrogs

Of course. You're a TCU fan who happened to join this forum the day after UT actually managed to win a game against us and all nine of your posts here are about the glories of Bevo. Totally legit. Utterly above suspicion.

Look, I'll give full credit to a team that beats us. Last year, OU took us to the woodshed. Twice. I hated it, but I can't deny it. But I won't give much credit to UT for that nightmare in Austin two weeks ago. We could not possibly have wrapped up and gifted that game to them in a prettier bow than we did.

I remain unawed by Herman and look forward to many more years of showing UT where the state's football power resides.
ined

I joined this site before the TCU UT game. And if I was a UT fan there is a lot more I could say than just talking about one win over TCU.

TCUFanGoFrogs

Apples and oranges. I too welcome as many TCU fans as we can get. But UT is notorious for front running tshirt fans.

The common explanations I get, one being from my brother, a TCU grad, before TCU was any good, is "well my team sucks so I need another team", "I live in Texas, who else am I going to cheer for?"

They're a latch on team. Not saying a percentage of those people aren't truly fans, but theres a big part of them that only like Texas when they win and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the school. This isn't anything new.

I agree about the frontrunning thing and the fans who don’t know anything about the team, but wear all the gear. Those aren’t true fans at all and I can’t stand that group. But I think it’s kind of ridiculous to say a freshman girl who goes to UT and doesn’t know anything about the team is more of a fan than some random guy who has lived and died with the team for 20 years, gone to 30+ games and just happened to attend another school for whatever reason. I think that’s really stupid. And honestly sometimes saying you’re a fan of a team just Bc you went to school there is the total opposite of being a fan. If someone is a TCU fan for 18 years and then they go to a different school, why would you switch your allegiance? That’s being a traitor and like I said, the opposite of being a true fan.

texas_sicilian

Yeah our definition of being a fan is obviously different. I don’t think fans have to badmouth other programs all the time or refuse to give another team credit when it is due. Keep your shirt on. It honestly sucks that our fan base puts UT up on a pedestal like we do. I have a ton of friends who are UT fans and they always talk about how obsessed TCU fans are with UT and fans like you are the perfect example. If we were talking about any Other program, would you be this hostile? I doubt it.
Uh huh.