• The KillerFrogs

Burnt Orange Blossoming

frogs9497

I think we need to start accepting UT is gonna be very, very hard to beat from now on. Fact is, Charlie Strong was the most incompetent coach in UT history. Herman is a great coach. His team is disciplined, smart and fundamentally sound. Charlie Strong gave his teams no chance to win big games. He was horrible. Texas is on its way back to being the team they were under MB between 1999-2009. 10 wins every year. It sucks, but it’s reality.

Your burnt is showing.

TCUFanGoFrogs

I'm still not completely convinced. The RRS is unpredictable. Charlie won there too. It's a long season.

It’s not just about the win, it’s about the eye test. Charlie Strong was a horrible coach. The undisciplined play, bad playcalling, mental mistakes, clock management issues, they were soft. It’s obvious the program under Herman just gets it. Everyone has bought in. They are always prepared. Pair that with the talent UT brings in? It’s kind of scary. We are gonna have to earn everything against UT from now on. No more gimmes like when Strong was there. Gotta give Herman a ton of credit. He walked into a dumpster fire and he has UT looking like a legit playoff contender a season in. Very impressive. I sure wish they would have given Strong one more year in Austin. Herman probably would have gone elsewhere too. Like LSU, FSU or A&M. GP certainly isn’t scared of Herman but he must have hated seeing Strong being fired and Herman being hired. I saw something on twitter. Herman has beaten Gary Patterson, Bill Snyder, Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley and Bobby Petrino since becoming a HC.

Last edited:

Realtorfrog

It’s not just about the win, it’s about the eye test. Charlie Strong was a horrible coach. The undisciplined play, bad playcalling, mental mistakes, clock management issues, they were soft. It’s obvious the program under Herman just gets it. Everyone has bought in. They are always prepared. Pair that with the talent UT brings in? It’s kind of scary. We are gonna have to earn everything against UT from now on. No more gimmes like when Strong was there. Gotta give Herman a ton of credit. He walked into a dumpster fire and he has UT looking like a legit playoff contender a season in. Very impressive. I sure wish they would have given Strong one more year in Austin. Herman probably would have gone elsewhere too. Like LSU, FSU or A&M. GP certainly isn’t scared of Herman but he must have hated seeing Strong being fired and Herman being hired. I saw something on twitter. Herman has beaten Gary Patterson, Bill Snyder, Jimbo Fisher, Lincoln Riley and Bobby Petrino since becoming a HC.

Let me help you out......... your team would have two more losses without turnovers. Don’t think Mensa is all that, they capitalized on mistakes and didn’t make any......I’ll give you that

FrogLifeYo

If you don’t think being prepared and coaching mistake free football is meaningful watch ISU. Campbell is single handedly elevating their average to below average talent by preparing his team to play smart mistake free football every week.

Say what you want about Mensa but they are a better prepared football team every week then they ever were under Charlie..

Eight

If you don’t think being prepared and coaching mistake free football is meaningful watch ISU. Campbell is single handedly elevating their average to below average talent by preparing his team to play smart mistake free football every week.

Say what you want about Mensa but they are a better prepared football team every week then they ever were under Charlie..

i think campbell truly understands what it means to put his team in the best position to win each week. today that means throwing the ball downfield based upon what was happening on the field and not basing decisions on a depth chart or trying to avoid mistakes

i think texas is very well coached on the defensive side of the ball.

offensively they still make some personnel decisions that are hard to understand at times and i think they depend far too much on sam running the football.

they also benefit not from the decisions sam is making in the passing game, but the decisions he hasn't been making

TCUFanGoFrogs

You have some major issues. Why does this bother you so much? It’s weird. And the UT program grew leaps and bounds last year and it set up what they’re doing this year. They lost some tough games but again, it was about the eye test. They were up on OU late in the 4th quarter. Same with Okie State. Same with USC. Those were all very good teams. You could see how much better UT was compared to the Charlie Strong era. I knew UT was close to being that scary program again based on what I saw. But even I thought they were gonna need another 8-9 win year to grow. They look better than that. It sucks. It’s hard to stop a program like Texas when everything is clicking.

TCUFanGoFrogs

i think campbell truly understands what it means to put his team in the best position to win each week. today that means throwing the ball downfield based upon what was happening on the field and not basing decisions on a depth chart or trying to avoid mistakes

i think texas is very well coached on the defensive side of the ball.

offensively they still make some personnel decisions that are hard to understand at times and i think they depend far too much on sam running the football.

they also benefit not from the decisions sam is making in the passing game, but the decisions he hasn't been making

Their offense has looked much better since Herman took over playcalling in place of Tim Beck. Night and day. I don’t think UT is 5-1 right now if Beck was calling plays in all those games.

TCUFanGoFrogs

Yeah man totally agree. That isn’t even a debate. Charlie Strong was horrible. Herman coaches circles around that guy.

Lone Frog

Of course. You're a TCU fan who happened to join this forum the day after UT actually managed to win a game against us and all nine of your posts here are about the glories of Bevo. Totally legit. Utterly above suspicion.

Look, I'll give full credit to a team that beats us. Last year, OU took us to the woodshed. Twice. I hated it, but I can't deny it. But I won't give much credit to UT for that nightmare in Austin two weeks ago. We could not possibly have wrapped up and gifted that game to them in a prettier bow than we did.

I remain unawed by Herman and look forward to many more years of showing UT where the state's football power resides.

King of Fun

I don’t get this Wal Mart thing. If there was a TCU fan at the game who didn’t go to TCU, would you berate them and say they are a t shirt fan? If you did that and people overheard the conversation they would look at you like you were an idiot. I welcome all fans to TCU. I wish we had as many fans as UT has tbh.
Apples and oranges. I too welcome as many TCU fans as we can get. But UT is notorious for front running tshirt fans.

The common explanations I get, one being from my brother, a TCU grad, before TCU was any good, is "well my team sucks so I need another team", "I live in Texas, who else am I going to cheer for?"

They're a latch on team. Not saying a percentage of those people aren't truly fans, but theres a big part of them that only like Texas when they win and have absolutely NOTHING to do with the school. This isn't anything new.