• The KillerFrogs

Buffs Beat: Op-Ed: College football's talking heads have lost their minds over Colorado vs. No. 17 TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Op-Ed: College football's talking heads have lost their minds over Colorado vs. No. 17 TCU​

Opinion by Jason Jones

AA1fURTl.img

Anyone and everyone who has been following the Colorado Buffaloes during this off-season have had one game circled. It's the Big Noon Saturday opener in Fort Worth. Before we get started, let me say I understand the surface level draw. An unprecedented amount of hype around Deion Sanders' journey to the Power Five has been a fantastic storyline.

After that though, we need to infuse some logic and reason into this media travesty. I have spent most of the day watching and listening to everyone from known college football analysts to basement podcasts. One thing has become abundantly clear. No one outside of Colorado is actually “paying attention” to Colorado.

Most of these talking heads, content creators, and sports analysts operate under the same premises. They all say TCU was the second-best team in the country last year and Colorado barely went 1-11. Let’s nip this in the bud, right now.

Read the article at https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nc...-minds-over-colorado-vs-no-17-tcu/ar-AA1fUNn7

TemCatFrog71

"Memo to all college football ‘analysts’, Stop calling this a 1-11 team. You sound ignorant and disregard any progress CU has made with Coach Prime."

And what progress as CU made under Prime???? 0-0 for the season?? I guess that would be better than 1 - 11 if you call that "progress".

OICU812

Saw the headline and honestly thought his angle was going to be to feed “thuh medjuh” a reality sandwich by telling them to stop overhyping what is apt to be a blowout game. . . Guess he decided to go another way.

Last edited:

cheese83

The spin these guys are putting on everything is either going to pan out or they're going to be eating crow all year long.

bc puckett

What an assclown. TCU got “hot at the right time ?” They started 12-0 and lost 2 of their last 3. That would seem to be the exact opposite of “hot at the right time “. TCU played @ Tarelton? Bama beat South Carolina by 1 in week 2? (it was Texas). I almost think that coach Clownshow wrote this himself

Toad Jones

Do we ever need to play some football, and right now!! Everything is a mess. Politically, morally, economy stinks, we don't like one another. There's more hate than love, so the diversion for most of us is football in specific terms and sports in general. If we can take our minds off the obvious, maybe we can cope. That is the underlying message here, and the media is helping our paranoia. Let's get it underway and quick.

Wexahu

That’s really cute and shows a vivid imagination.
By halftime the game will be out of reach & they’ll be whining about TCU thugs targeting their QB.
I suspect more will come out of this game than just the outcome. There will be some kind of backstory or controversy involved, whether it be something done on the field or said after the game, that will attract more headlines than the game itself. Just a hunch, but a pretty strong one.