• The KillerFrogs

Briles Potentially Back

Pharm Frog

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article230893674.html

IDK what's up with this link, but there was an anonymous informal survey of Texas HS coaches about shArt Briles, and not one negative comment from any of the coaches. Prevailing sentiment seemed to be he was treated unfairly. SMH. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but dang.

Not gonna read the article but I wouldn’t give an ounce of credibility to anything labeled as an “anonymous informal survey” nor much of anything coming out of that newspaper (especially the sports section). And, I can guarantee something to be true: either they didn’t survey some coaches I know personally, those coaches opted not to respond, or coaches are smart enough to realize that there’s no reason to give negative responses about anything to a journalist.

AroundWorldFrog

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/article230893674.html

IDK what's up with this link, but there was an anonymous informal survey of Texas HS coaches about shArt Briles, and not one negative comment from any of the coaches. Prevailing sentiment seemed to be he was treated unfairly. SMH. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but dang.

An anonymous survey by Baylor of all the known cheaters in HS football. I have a hard time believing some of those quotes are real. #FakeNews

FrogCop19

Did OJ ever do Caitlyn Jenner? Or Bruce for that matter before he transgendered over?
images

Purp

Billy Clyde

I'm no fan of the Startle either, but at least the piece wasn't written by that guy... In this context I assume the promise of anonymity was to encourage honest answers, instead of PC responses based on public pressure. I actually wonder if it's more about coaches circling the wagons than being intentionally slanted. It would be good to know how many they actually surveyed.

MTfrog5

Watch these videos of the interview. So much [ Finebaum ] just spewing out of this dudes mouth

He interviewed Briles friends, people that worked at Baylor or had connections to Baylor. No wonder he only got good things about Briles. Lord what a Buffon

Last edited:

Billy Clyde

Watch these videos of the interview. So much [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] just spewing out of this dudes mouth

He interviewed Briles friends, people that worked at Baylor or had connections to Baylor. No wonder he only got good things about Briles. Lord what a Buffon

Anybody know who "Coach Taft" is? This clownstick has absolutely no clue. He sounds like a wannabe NFL GM who is trying to rationalize bringing a known violent criminal to town.

Pharm Frog

Watch these videos of the interview. So much [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] just spewing out of this dudes mouth

So this is how they are going to get around TEA. Didn't watch the fool but just spoke with Father again. He wonders if the kids playing football will get PE credit for their involvement. If so, this means that they'd have to be assigned to an assistant coach who presumably under this would have been hired by Briles. He's also looking up the schools that are in the MV district because he says that if he were still a superintendent of schools, he'd tell MV that Briles is not welcome on his campus and stadium and that he would control who attended games played at MV which would include restricting female cheerleaders, female athletic trainers, female band members, etc etc etc from attending events at MVHS. He said that if Briles was made AD, this would apply to all sporting events under Briles' supervision. Apart from thinking Briles is a disgusting piece of human debris (an opinion he's held for decades), he says that it would put his school district in greater legal jeopardy if something were to happen to a student while Briles is associated with the school.

tcudoc

The local central Texas NBC news station did a question about it on their Facebook page. It was about 98% in favor of the decision with many saying he was treated unfairly as a scapegoat.
Quite surprising.

Froglaw

No victims?

I bet the father of the raped freshman women's soccer member has an opinion.

Froglaw

So this is how they are going to get around TEA. Didn't watch the fool but just spoke with Father again. He wonders if the kids playing football will get PE credit for their involvement. If so, this means that they'd have to be assigned to an assistant coach who presumably under this would have been hired by Briles. He's also looking up the schools that are in the MV district because he says that if he were still a superintendent of schools, he'd tell MV that Briles is not welcome on his campus and stadium and that he would control who attended games played at MV which would include restricting female cheerleaders, female athletic trainers, female band members, etc etc etc from attending events at MVHS. He said that if Briles was made AD, this would apply to all sporting events under Briles' supervision. Apart from thinking Briles is a disgusting piece of human debris (an opinion he's held for decades), he says that it would put his school district in greater legal jeopardy if something were to happen to a student while Briles is associated with the school.

Not bad!

Except School Districts enjoy sovereign immunity and are limited to $100k in liability under the Texas Tort Claims Act.

That is assuming that the act involved a motor vehicle or tangible personal property.

In other words, Mount Vernon would probably walk unless there was a violation of a student's civil rights.

My bet is MVISD sticks to their guns on this one.

Pharm Frog

Not bad!

Except School Districts enjoy sovereign immunity and are limited to $100k in liability under the Texas Tort Claims Act.

That is assuming that the act involved a motor vehicle or tangible personal property.

In other words, Mount Vernon would probably walk unless there was a violation of a student's civil rights.

My bet is MVISD sticks to their guns on this one.

First, isn't Title IX a civil rights construct that deals in part with sexual violence? Secondly, I really don't think my father worries too much about winning or losing cases like this...he's always been much more concerned about proactively doing stupid stuff that makes you have to play the court game to begin with and waste dollars meant to educate students. In fact, I can guarantee that he doesn't worry too much about this stuff because he's been retired from school administration for close to 20 years. Finally, I'd like to say that he's incredulous that there are superintendents and school boards this profoundly stupid...but he's not.

Eight

Listen to his statement. He said they got glowing praise about Briles from, "Coach Taft." That's just more of a tell on how friggin out of touch this goober really is.

you do understand why he is using taft as a source of credibility even though he is more evil than art