• The KillerFrogs

Brian Nance

funkyfrog

I see a highly touted OLB...who can fly all over the field...seems like a great fit for TCU. He's got offers from all over the place....although I know their is questions about his knee...how come we haven't offered him? Is that really the issue here or is there something I'm missing?

frogbyproxy

That's a question only the coaches can answer! He has a list of schools after him it looks like so it might be him also. For now it's a wait and see type of deal for all of us.

FrogsMcGee

LB is not a huge need in this class. I'm sure we end up taking one, but not more than that. We have an offer out to Santos, who appears to have narrowed his list to now exclude TCU. Perhaps once the coaches get official word from him they will back off and move onto their next offer. As they only have room for at most 1 LB in this class, they aren't going to rush to offer a kid thier only spot if they have concerns about his knee. Assuming they move on from Santos, and also assuming that Nance is next on their list, then maybe he'll get an offer. I don't think it will happen until they are satisfied that his knee issues are resolved - so Octoberish. Could be that they offer someone else in the meantime and that spot gets gobbled up. I think Lincoln Richard is a possibility.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
No interest in a pissing match recruiting thread and I may be wrong, but I thought there was confirmation he hadn't been offered by TCU. Seems like a stud so I can't think of why we wouldn't offer.

The kid has said numerous times he has been offered by TCU, here is one example:

http://finestpreps.com/blog/college-football-recruiting/euless-trinity-lb-brian-nance-boasts-big-time-offers/

FinestPreps.com: What schools do you currently have scholarship offers from, Brian?

Brian Nance: “USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Oregon. I’ve got a couple other schools like Nebraska. It’s a lot of schools–I have millions of them. I just lose track.”

The kid has said numerous times he has been offered by TCU, here is one example:

http://finestpreps.com/blog/college-football-recruiting/euless-trinity-lb-brian-nance-boasts-big-time-offers/

FinestPreps.com: What schools do you currently have scholarship offers from, Brian?

Brian Nance: “USC, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, TCU, Tennessee, Arkansas, LSU, Oregon. I’ve got a couple other schools like Nebraska. It’s a lot of schools– I HAVE MILLIONS OF THEM. I just lose track.”

Whether we have offered or not doesn't sound like a Patterson/TCU kind of kid. Sounds more like a Craig James-bag.

talor

Gerry Hamilton formerly of ESPN's Scouts Inc and now one of the main guys at HookEm247 has written a few times that Nance has some work to do in the classroom. Not that he has no chance of qualifying or whatever, but that he might be a bit risky. Take that for what it's worth.

Best LB in Texas if you ask me, and a Trinity pipeline would be awesome.

DickBumpastache

Would be pretty shocking if he ended up somewhere other than OU or USC. He dominates games, which is hard to do at a school like Trinity with 300+ lb Tongans and multiple 4.4 guys on the field.