• The KillerFrogs

BREAKING: Police records detail several more violence allegations against Baylor football players

frognutz

SwissArmyFrog said:
Is Rick Neuheisel in any position to accurately judge CAB's character.  People said the same, many times over, about Sandusky and Paterno, I'm sure.  People aren't always who you think they are, or whom they present themselves to be.

Or, maybe Neuheisel means he doesn't know him enough to question his character. 

IDK.

I listen to Rick a lot.  To answer your question, no.

He is the type of person who won't criticize something like a person's character unless he has direct exposure to it personally.  He's definitely gone on air and done that when he's seen it first hand.

But from listening to that show, he know's what's really going on at Baylor and has been extremely critical on the air.  The best was when Ian McCaw came on the show last week and Rick questioned him pretty aggressively and Ian dodged every single one talking about team GPA or some [ Finebaum ].

ATC Frog

frognutz said:

He is the type of person who won't criticize something like a person's character unless he has direct exposure to it personally.  He's definitely gone on air and done that when he's seen it first hand.

But from listening to that show, he know's what's really going on at Baylor and has been extremely critical on the air.  The best was when Ian McCaw came on the show last week and Rick questioned him pretty aggressively and Ian dodged every single one talking about team GPA or some [Craig James].
Sounds like McCaw was just spouting the company line some more. Baylor sure trains them well at that.

Rick should have kept pressing, would have been fun to listen to him sweat it out over the phone.

frognutz

ATC Frog said:
Sounds like McCaw was just spouting the company line some more. Baylor sure trains them well at that.

Rick should have kept pressing, would have been fun to listen to him sweat it out over the phone.

Yeah, I agree, but not sure what you are supposed to do when someone goes on and you know that they aren't go to say [ Finebaum ].

I hope Briles makes it to Big 12 media days so everyone can see that soulless [ "illegitimate Baylor boy" ] squirm if he doesn't roll Joe Mixon style and have a lawyer sitting next to him.

texas_sicilian

frognutz said:

Yeah, I agree, but not sure what you are supposed to do when someone goes on and you know that they aren't go to say [Craig James].

I hope Briles makes it to Big 12 media days so everyone can see that soulless [Jerry Sandusky] squirm if he doesn't roll Joe Mixon style and have a lawyer sitting next to him.
He'll just play the ole "awe shucks" dumb country boy routine...

Of course, if they're smart, they'll remember that he said he was "proud" of the way they've handled the situation no less than six months ago.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
texas_sicilian said:
He'll just play the ole "awe shucks" dumb country boy routine -

Of course, if they're smart, they'll remember that he said he was "proud" of the way they've handled the situation no less than six months ago.
He was talking the rapists.

GlendarrochFrog

frognutz said:

But from listening to that show, he know's what's really going on at Baylor and has been extremely critical on the air.  The best was when Ian McCaw came on the show last week and Rick questioned him pretty aggressively and Ian dodged every single one talking about team GPA or some [Craig James].
I listen to their show a bunch too. Rick is ultra defensive of other coaches. As one who got fired he can empathize with the position like few can. He almost always gives coaches the benefit of the doubt.

Austintxfrog94

Neuheisel was within an inch of being given a 2 Year Show Cause Order by the NCAA and had violations at multiple schools. Kind of funny he's coming to Art's defense, almost like Gotti showing support for El Chapo.

Lone Frog

My Buddy Steve said:
It's like Baylor is trying to wait out the news cycle and for people to move on.

That's exactly what they're doing. The public has a short attention span and people can't maintain outrage indefinitely. 

purplepreacher

InnerloopFrog said:
I found the article in today's paper about the anniversary of the lynching in Waco while people, mostly white, stood around and did nothing.

Baylor University, Leading the way in Waco since 1845.
this happened in several Texas communities and throughout the South after the Civil War. It's a sad story, but certainly not limited to  Waco.