• The KillerFrogs

Bracketology

geefrogs

If the Frogs found a way to get to the Big 12 title game how much would that change their seeding?
Maybe get to a seven-seed?

That sounds right. The conference tourneys don't give teams the chance to change seeding drastically. The committee has the teams already locked in at this point based on the regular season.

It's more about the automatic bids on the line and how that can shift things around when an unexpected team gets the bid.

Would be nice to see TCU get to the final either way though :)

geefrogs

Not much hoops to watch tonight. A few bids given out.

Screenshot_20220307-072706_ESPN.jpg

The late night basketball will be good though on the West Coast. San Fran (Bill Russell Alma mater) take on the undisputed overall 1 seed Gonzaga. Watch this game to prepare your bracket and also we might be matched up with SF in am 8/9 or 7/10 game.

Screenshot_20220307-072722_ESPN.jpg

The other semi has Santa Clara who could help TCU SoS since we took a beating from them. Clara is easily an NIT team but, you never know what might happen.

Screenshot_20220307-072736_ESPN.jpg

Endless Purple

Which of the smaller conferences does it appear will have their regular season champion still make it in, even though another team won the tournament? It appear several of the regular season leaders are already knocked out of their tournaments.

geefrogs

Which of the smaller conferences does it appear will have their regular season champion still make it in, even though another team won the tournament? It appear several of the regular season leaders are already knocked out of their tournaments.

Not too many at this point. Murray State was really the only one that would have gotten an at-large bid had they lost.

The smaller conference tourneys are really their March Madness. Makes this week a lot of fun to watch, so much on the line.

TCUWIN

Every team should be excluded from the tournament except UCLA, Kentucky, Duke and North Carolina. They are the historically best programs so why bother giving any other teams a chance?
Good thing no one thinks that way for any other sport like football. Oh wait…

TCUWIN

I thought they were gonna try missing one of those free throws to rebound and put back a ball for a 3-pt play
I honk the Tulsa kid meant to miss his second free throw. It had a higher arc and he bent over after it went in like he was a bit frustrated. I think he was trying to hit the back iron.

geefrogs

A few first round conference tourney games begin today. Including the C-USA being played over in Frisco. A handful of automatic bids on the line as well. Nothing really directly impacting the Frogs today.

Screenshot_20220308-081135_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20220308-081154_ESPN.jpgScreenshot_20220308-081208_ESPN.jpg

LVH

Go Seahawks!
2 Seahawks are in action tonight, which one?

Wagner is better than Bryant, but they lost the tiebreaker and have to earn it on Bryant's home floor that should be electric.

UNC-Wilmington according to the metrics is the 2nd luckiest team in the country this year, behind Providence. Delaware has Jameer Nelson Jr. on their team which makes me feel old. I was in high school when Jameer Nelson was playing for Saint Joseph's. According to the metrics Delaware is a better team than UNCW, but get ready for an insufferable bout of linking Joe Biden to everything Delaware if they win.

geefrogs

2 Seahawks are in action tonight, which one?

Wagner is better than Bryant, but they lost the tiebreaker and have to earn it on Bryant's home floor that should be electric.

UNC-Wilmington according to the metrics is the 2nd luckiest team in the country this year, behind Providence. Delaware has Jameer Nelson Jr. on their team which makes me feel old. I was in high school when Jameer Nelson was playing for Saint Joseph's. According to the metrics Delaware is a better team than UNCW, but get ready for an insufferable bout of linking Joe Biden to everything Delaware if they win.

I remember that St. Joe's backcourt. Jameer and Delonte and Coach Martelli. Didn't they almost go undefeated and then were upset in the Sweet 16 if recall? Man....what a backcourt though with those 2.