1. The KillerFrogs

Bracing for Irma

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by froglash88, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Sore from putting up shutters. Still have to help get my in-laws house in order. Planning to evacuate tonight. Wife is talking about maybe South Carolina. If everyone is asleep in the car, auto-pilot may take me to Arkansas. Say a prayer. Thx

2. My Mom on the gulf coast just evacuated. This storm is a pain in the neck because no one knows where its going. Might go into the gulf, might stay in the atlantic. Moms house already was flattened once (huricane Charlie).

3. Good luck. Still cleaning up, and will be for a long time, from Harvey. It's Traffic and Mosquito Armagedon down here on top of everything else.

Ron Swanson likes this.
  4. Where are you? I am in downtown Miami at the moment but heading back tomorrow

ShadowFrog likes this.
  5. When you tell people from Florida to evacuate, where do they go? Georgia?

ShadowFrog likes this.
  6. Nm. I'm dumb.

7. Worst traffic ever

FinanceFrog and The Colonel like this.
  8. Dude, SC is probably where Irma will wind up. Spend a few bucks and go to Maui for a week.

9. Hey Wes

Fort Lauderdale on the intracoastal and Oakland Park Blvd

wes likes this.
  10. That was the turn around point for most of my runs a few years back.

Is that Greek restaurant still there?

11. Yes
    Greek Islands
    One of my favorite restaurants in that price range.

Peacefrog likes this.
  12. My company had a national meeting scheduled to begin on Monday in Hollywood FL. This morning we were told to still plan on going. Thankfully American Airlines started blasting texts out saying not to expect flights into South Florida and the company cancelled. Wasn't that enamored with flying on 9-11 anyway.

Prayers to all those affected by Irma. Evacuation has its own set of dangers.

OmniscienceFrog and ECoastFrog like this.
  13. Interesting short video of the aftermath. 7 minutes.

frognutz and Casey8Ball like this.
  14. I don't know but they are all heading somewhere

15. You got one of those $6000 plane seats?

16. New York

17. Good luck, FL88. This one looks pretty gnarly...

18. #20 The Colonel, Sep 6, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    At my client's office at Loop 8 and Westheimer this week. Flew into IAH first thing yesterday morning and took me 3 hrs to get to the office.

Changed my return flight to Hobby. Looks to be pretty clear that direction.