• The KillerFrogs

Bleacher Report: TCU LB Johnny Hodges: Horned Frogs Are 'Laughingstock' of CFB After Colorado Loss

Wexahu

Right. But much more likely 9-3 or 8-4.

No different than a baseball team that wins it's division because of a great record in 1-run games. Generally, that's a sign that they'd have a really hard time duplicating their overall record with the same level of performance per se. Not trying to denigrate the team or the year, but it's not all that difficult a concept to grasp.

CountryFrog

Right. But much more likely 9-3 or 8-4.

No different than a baseball team that wins it's division because of a great record in 1-run games. Generally, that's a sign that they'd have a really hard time duplicating their overall record with the same level of performance per se. Not trying to denigrate the team or the year, but it's not all that difficult a concept to grasp.
I understand. I know you aim for being a realist with all this stuff which is fine but just thought it was at least worth mentioning that there was indeed another possible outcome. You don't always have to only mention the negative possibilities in order to achieve your goal of being a realist.

CountryFrog

let me guess- you think Morris would have taken us to the playoffs...
I have no idea what Morris would've done and neither do you. Maybe he sucks and gets benched by week 4. Maybe the offense is even better and more efficient with him. But acting like you know exactly what he is, always has been, and always will be is trolling at best and being a scheissing idiot at worst.

Wexahu

I understand. I know you aim for being a realist with all this stuff which is fine but just thought it was at least worth mentioning that there was indeed another possible outcome. You don't always have to only mention the negative possibilities in order to achieve your goal of being a realist.
I don't.

Just as an example, I've stated on multiple occasions how if just a couple things go differently Saturday we win by 10 points and none of these sky is falling threads are on here, and almost nobody is mentioning how bad CM's performance was.

SMH

CountryFrog

I don't.

Just as an example, I've stated on multiple occasions how if just a couple things go differently Saturday we win by 10 points and none of these sky is falling threads are on here, and almost nobody is mentioning how bad CM's performance was.

SMH
I'm sorry to have offended your sensibilities with the word always. That was wrong of me and I apologize profusely. I'm embarrassed and ashamed.

You very often explore the negative in your quest for objectivity.

PineyWoodsFrog

I disagree that we are a laughing stock. I think more people are impressed by how Colorado is than surprised with how bad we are. We're still ranked in the top 30.
It's less about the Colorado game and more about, as Hodges stated, getting beat by 60 in a championship game combined with losing to a 1st-year head coach of a team that won 1 game last year. We indeed have been a laughing stock since Georgia and Saturday didn't do us any favors at all. Hodges is not wrong here.