• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 predictions Week 11: SportsDayDFW projects Oklahoma as 2014 Big 12 champions

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Big 12 predictions Week 11: SportsDayDFW projects Oklahoma as 2014 Big 12 champions

Published: 16 July 2014 09:23 PM
Updated: 17 July 2014 09:17 AM

SportsDayDFW.com college sports bloggers Chris Hummer, Sean Lester, EJ Holland and Tommy Magelssen are predicting every Big12 football game in the 2014 season. Follow along with us over the next several weeks as we project who might represent the Big 12 in the first College Football Playoff. Make sure to vote on your picks at the bottom of the page.

Big 12 Week 11 Game of the Week: Oklahoma State at Oklahoma

OSU and OU: Oklahoma will enter the game undefeated in league play and likely vying for a spot in the college football playoff. This heated rivalry could go either way, but the fact that it’s being played in Norman, along with what’s at stake, gives the Sooners a slight edge. The game will be a high-scoring affair with Trevor Knight and Sterling Shepard hooking up for the game-winner.

Prediction: Oklahoma 41, OK State 38

And with that result, you have your Big 12 Conference champion: The Oklahoma Sooners.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/headlines/20140716-big-12-predictions-week-11-sportsdaydfw-projects-oklahoma-as-2014-big-12-champions.ece

Stiff Arm Frog

I notice that sports writers always pick the Sooners in years where no one knows what the hell is going to happen.

Personally, I think it'll come down to Baylor and K-State.

asleep003

Well, we've been picked to beat OSU also, by a similar margin... so, that would suggest we could be in the picture too, if these guys even had a clue. OU has a very inexperienced/perhaps weak WR core ... so it's possible they could lose 2-3 games in the B12.

Cheers !

ftwfrog

Mistletoad said:
Well, we've been picked to beat OSU also, by a similar margin... so, that would suggest we could be in the picture too, if these guys even had a clue. OU has a very inexperienced/possibly weak WR core ... so it's possible they could lose 2-3 games in the B12.

Cheers !
I'm just waiting for NCAA to allow Beckam to play this year. Then OU won't be inexperienced at WR.

However, let's just wait to see what Knight can do for awhile. He had one great game against Alabama. Hell, Garrett Gilbert looked fantastic in his bowl game for UT against bama. One game.

asleep003

ftwfrog said:
I'm just waiting for NCAA to allow Beckam to play this year. Then OU won't be inexperienced at WR.

However, let's just wait to see what Knight can do for awhile. He had one great game against Alabama. Hell, Garrett Gilbert looked fantastic in his bowl game for UT against bama. One game.

Dosen't  the NCAA have enough, with the 3 incidents... 2 in the last 6 months, to say NO!  No, meaning, sit out until 2015.

Cheers !  

OmniscienceFrog

Mistletoad said:

Dosen't  the NCAA have enough, with the 3 incidents... 2 in the last 6 months, to say NO!  No, meaning, sit out until 2015.

Cheers !  
I don't understand why he would be considered for a waiver for two seconds.  Why do players transferring here have to sit for a year?  What makes him any different?