• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

fanatical frog

Me too. This is exciting, I wanna play them all!
TCU has been on a “U.S. against the World” standard operating procedure for so long, we don’t really have any hated rivals. Everyone else just happens to be in the way of where we want to go.
Yeah, that's really true. Baylor comes close because we've had some meaningful games in recent years but I don't consider them a hated rival. And I don't feel the need to play Tech or OK State every single year.

82 Frog Fever

It looks like the AAC is offering all 4 PAC schools membership, and the MWest is proposing a merger with Stanford on the sideline watching.
If all 4 PAC schools want to stay together, the AAC may be their ticket.

Sort of interesting in a minor league sort of way.

Hemingway

It looks like the AAC is offering all 4 PAC schools membership, and the MWest is proposing a merger with Stanford on the sideline watching.
If all 4 PAC schools want to stay together, the AAC may be their ticket.

Sort of interesting in a minor league sort of way.
They probably might compete well there.

froginmn

yes they did, but exactly how is the relevant in regards to the head to head western division sec tiebreak?

the vols also beat bama and now we start getting into the [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] quality of win, quality of loss discussions which having to win the opportunity on the field eliminates but apparently people in board rooms of conference headquarters don't like that concept
Your question was, "when was the last time the two best teams in the SEC didn't play in the championship game?"

His answer was last year, obviously saying that the two best teams (Georgia and TN) were in the same division so they couldn't play one another in the CCG..

Is that really difficult to understand?

82 Frog Fever

This is incredible!
After everything that has happened, SDSU tried to lead a freakin’ coup against the MWest by merging the best members of the MW & AAC & Pac4 to try and get 1 of the 6 CFP conference champion bids.
Dennis Dodd caught them red-handed and the best reply the SDSU AD could come up with is fake news.
Obviously it’s true. SDSU tried to kill the MWest after the MWest took them back.
How long does the MWest put up with that?

Eight

Your question was, "when was the last time the two best teams in the SEC didn't play in the championship game?"

His answer was last year, obviously saying that the two best teams (Georgia and TN) were in the same division so they couldn't play one another in the CCG..

Is that really difficult to understand?

were the vols at the end of the season clearly the 2nd best team in the sec with the loss of hooker?

are we working under the presumption that if the sec could pick between the three teams that finished 6-2 in conference play with bama and bryce young, lsu, and then the vols wo hooker that they are going for the vols -uga rematch?

Frog-in-law1995

were the vols at the end of the season clearly the 2nd best team in the sec with the loss of hooker?

are we working under the presumption that if the sec could pick between the three teams that finished 6-2 in conference play with bama and bryce young, lsu, and then the vols wo hooker that they are going for the vols -uga rematch?
Well, if I understood your comment back to me about LSU and Bama, your standard for determining the best team in the west seemed to be head to head results, so we’ll go with that.

Your argument got pantsed. Let it die.

Eight

Well, if I understood your comment back to me about LSU and Bama, your standard for determining the best team in the west seemed to be head to head results, so we’ll go with that.

Your argument got pantsed. Let it die.

except that was the tie breaker for the vols and lsu because they were in different divisions

easy argument then if there pods and not divisions that works out which is true

so pods work out as long as the teams that end up tied all played each other

froginmn

We're working under the most common method of breaking ties. Three 6-2 teams end the season and one of them beat both of the other. Who wins every two way and three way tiebreaker in that scenario?

And listen to yourself: you're advocating that things be determined on the field while saying that we should look at injuries and the eye test? OK Saban...

Zubaz

We are in a conference the size of the NFC, and with a 9 game conference schedule / 12 overall compared to the 17 games the NFL plays. Call them "pods" or divisions or whatever, but clearly some level of splitting up / protecting certain rivalries is appropriate. 4 "pods" of 4 teams each is exactly what the NFL does in each conference. It's not perfect because you aren't going to have a Division round of the playoffs to determine the Conference Title game, but it's probably workable.

....or we just add a division round to the CCG, where the 4 best teams play a semifinal before meeting in Dallas. Why the heck not at this point right?

Eight

We're working under the most common method of breaking ties. Three 6-2 teams end the season and one of them beat both of the other. Who wins every two way and three way tiebreaker in that scenario?

And listen to yourself: you're advocating that things be determined on the field while saying that we should look at injuries and the eye test? OK Saban...

as i mentioned in 95's response, based upon three teams playing head to head this works out when one team beat the other two

i am not advocating for things to be decided off the field, this situation worked out because the three played each other which is the perfect situation.

makes a great example and is less common than say the three way tie between tech, ou, and texas back in 2007 or 8

Deep Purple

I'd be fine scrapping the conference championship game.
One the stupidest ideas ever conceived in college football. One team consistently outperforms all others and is the only team having a spotless record -- but loses one game in post-season play to a team it beat in their own house during the regular season. And the winner of that single game is declared "conference champion" with a 9-3 season record over a team with a 12-0 record, including a road win over the "champion."

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

If the conference title just boils down to a single game, why even play a full conference schedule? It means virtually nothing. Just start a four-game conference playoff in September, and the last man standing is conference champion.

Friends Lol GIF by Max

Last edited:

Endless Purple

I keep asking on various boards, but why does everyone go to pods instead of permanent rivals? Pods seem to be stupid with some of the arrangements that come out.

Why Pods over permanent rivals?

Latest posts