• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 in position to poach Pac 12 schools?

bc puckett

One the stupidest ideas ever conceived in college football. One team consistently outperforms all others and is the only team having a spotless record -- but loses one game in post-season play to a team it beat in their own house during the regular season. And the winner of that single game is declared "conference champion" with a 9-3 season record over a team with a 12-0 record, including a road win over the "champion."

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

If the conference title just boils down to a single game, why even play a full conference schedule? It means virtually nothing. Just start a four-game conference playoff in September, and the last man standing is conference champion.

Friends Lol GIF by Max
Nothing but a money grab

Limey Frog

And that's only if it's remotely possible. I didn't think SMU would have added much, if anything, to Pac-12. Even less to ACC.
Good grief, is the ACC really expecting FSU and Clemson to bolt? What other reason could they have for looking at SMU? Is the ACC about to become the second conference inside a month to suffer wholesale collapse amid mass panic after almost inviting SMU to join?

Virginia Frog

Good grief, is the ACC really expecting FSU and Clemson to bolt? What other reason could they have for looking at SMU? Is the ACC about to become the second conference inside a month to suffer wholesale collapse amid mass panic after almost inviting SMU to join?
UConn would be a far superior choice for the ACC over SMU. IMO.

If the ACC brass thinks that SMU brings "Texas", they are short in the brain department.

LoudFrog

Friends, just wondering what is the buyout if the big 10 comes calling for us? Obviously, there are a few rumors out there, just wondering what does it cost? There is zero representation in the southwest for the big 10. Obviously, Texas and Oklahoma cannot go. If they come looking, who would they choose, obviously, nobody better than the Horned Frogs!

CountryFrog

Friends, just wondering what is the buyout if the big 10 comes calling for us? Obviously, there are a few rumors out there, just wondering what does it cost? There is zero representation in the southwest for the big 10. Obviously, Texas and Oklahoma cannot go. If they come looking, who would they choose, obviously, nobody better than the Horned Frogs!
Big Ten wants SMU. There will be a bidding war for them. Though not a bidding war for how much the ACC and BIG are willing to pay SMU, but rather a bidding war on how much revenue SMU is willing to give back to those conferences in order to join.

ECM

Any ACC addition gets pro rata share for expansion from ESPN. ACC needs more money. Glenn Youngkin and his wife (an SMU alumna) are big donors. Stranger things have happened I suppose. I'm just heartened to see that you guys are pulling for us

froginmn

Any ACC addition gets pro rata share for expansion from ESPN. ACC needs more money. Glenn Youngkin and his wife (an SMU alumna) are big donors. Stranger things have happened I suppose. I'm just heartened to see that you guys are pulling for us
Maybe the Youngkins could donate a few cases of cold water for home football games that fans attend.

In other words, one game every other year.

Limey Frog

We just feel badly for the innocent institutions left in the rubble of the conferences that implode when they start talking to you. What have Syracuse fans done to deserve this?

Frozen Frog

I think SMU is a great fit for the ACC. If they are adding Cal and Stanford might as well add Rice. I think that also speaks volumes as to what the ACC is today. It’s not a power football conference with the exception of a few schools. Even if it keeps FSU and Clemson I’m having a hard time seeing it is as a major conference moving forward. They really need other schools to improve like what UNC did this year. I think the Big 12 could find itself in a similar position.

I love how so many people are lamenting the loss of the PAC. Don’t remember this much sadness when the Big East crumbled. It’s pretty funny listening to Sankey talk about it. Does he not realize he tried to kill the Big 12?

TCUdirtbag

Devils advocate, perhaps: if the ACC gives a charity invite to SMU, and it does deliver adequate media revenue, perhaps that encourages the Big Ten to take a look at an actual program a few miles west on I 30.

Hemingway

It looks like the AAC is offering all 4 PAC schools membership, and the MWest is proposing a merger with Stanford on the sideline watching.
If all 4 PAC schools want to stay together, the AAC may be their ticket.

Sort of interesting in a minor league sort of way.
I’m just lost on why the acc is suddenly so insecure. The distributions to fsu was something like 40 million. Not bad. What , they got out flanked by the big12 already?

82 Frog Fever

Pathetic! Everything I see from any SMU fan always involves $$$$ and buying their way into a Power conference that they wouldn’t even be able to sniff based solely on merit.

TCU was there, we earned our way out. We obviously support all Group teams that have invested, won conference championships, won NY6 games, and truly earned their way out.

SMU is nothing but a corrupt undeserving beggar and it‘s pitiful to watch.

82 Frog Fever

I dont wanna rain on our victory parade to the B10, but the B12 GOR would be more expensive and even harder to break than the ACC GOR. In fact, the ACC’s GOR is modeled after the B12’s.