• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Baseball Tournament 2019 Thread

PurpleBlood87

Frogs need to score a lot of runs in the eighth. A 5-2 lead with this bullpen isn't safe. Plus, CJS needs to save relievers for two possible games on Saturday.

PurpleBlood87

This tourney needs to be the new roofed Ranger Stadium when it opens...springtime in Oklahoma or anywhere really...means a great chance of rain at least once over 5 days. Put it indoors...

The conference has to split the championships among Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
So it's doubtful locations will change.

Punter1

It's all political.

The tournament was in Arlington twice in 2002 and 2004 and once in Tulsa in 2015.
Otherwise the other years it has been in OKC. Tournament started in 1997.

It makes sense I guess...but the fact you'll have an air conditioned, indoor stadium just south of Oklahoma might make them reconsider things.

Plus Oklahoma has the softball WS every year...which is a huge deal and something that could justify the Big 12 moving the baseball tourney south 3 hours.

MTfrog5

It makes sense I guess...but the fact you'll have an air conditioned, indoor stadium just south of Oklahoma might make them reconsider things.

Plus Oklahoma has the softball WS every year...which is a huge deal and something that could justify the Big 12 moving the baseball tourney south 3 hours.
Yeah I think that’s a pretty crappy excuse. Let’s put a baseball tournament right in the middle of tornando alley in May. Real scheissing smart.

GoFrog Yourself

The conference has to split the championships among Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma.
So it's doubtful locations will change.
No hope for this but:
Move football to arrowhead
Basketball to OKC
Baseball to globe life

Jerry would never let this happen, Texas/OU don’t want football moved

KU doesn’t want basketball moved

Baseball isn’t a money maker so it won’t spark a move

tcumaniac

Baylor’s pitcher they brought out this morning looking great so far.

We’re going to really need whoever we throw out this morning to be on. #stressed

Punter1

No hope for this but:
Move football to arrowhead
Basketball to OKC
Baseball to globe life

Jerry would never let this happen, Texas/OU don’t want football moved

KU doesn’t want basketball moved

Baseball isn’t a money maker so it won’t spark a move

I love that idea but OU and Texas won't want their "potential" high powered offense playing on grass in the cold.

Seriously all three should be in the FWD...or Arlington. Jerry World could host football and basketball and baseball could be across the street.

Its 20 mins from the airport...3 hour drive from Austin and Okla schools. Tons of hotels and food nearby.