• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
"The U.S. Education Department accepted Baylor University’s request for exemption from Title IX’s sexual harassment provision after the private Baptist school asked to dismiss discrimination complaints filed by LGBTQ+ students that the university said were “inconsistent” with the institution’s religious values."

"Baylor University has been accused in the past of mishandling sexual assault accusations. According to a 2016 independent investigation commissioned by the university and conducted by the Pepper Hamilton law firm, “the school failed to take action to identify and eliminate a potential hostile environment” and “identify and respond to a pattern of sexual violence by a football player.”

Purp

"The U.S. Education Department accepted Baylor University’s request for exemption from Title IX’s sexual harassment provision after the private Baptist school asked to dismiss discrimination complaints filed by LGBTQ+ students that the university said were “inconsistent” with the institution’s religious values."

"Baylor University has been accused in the past of mishandling sexual assault accusations. According to a 2016 independent investigation commissioned by the university and conducted by the Pepper Hamilton law firm, “the school failed to take action to identify and eliminate a potential hostile environment” and “identify and respond to a pattern of sexual violence by a football player.”

Liked only for resurrecting the thread. Those pecker heads down there live in an alternate universe.

Froglaw

Liked only for resurrecting the thread. Those pecker heads down there live in an alternate universe.

You have no idea. Most of my law school class came from non-Baylor undergrad backgrounds.

We were “normal” in the sense that when we got a break we would hit the local watering holes like normal students.

Georges was popular with those of us with L stickers on our cars. It was still more of a truck stop diner with a road house bar attached. The Law Professors would show up, drink with us, and pick up the tab. As broke a Law Student, I wore out the $1.99 chicken fried steak when I had $2.50 in my pocket.

There was this group of undergrad students that just lived in this small town, there is nothing outside campus other than church services, bubble of denial.

Example, Baylor required all undergrad freshmen to go to a religious service on Wednesday mornings. The service would let out and these Baylor puppies would literally wander into the streets of Waco without any regard to traffic. It was like trying to avoid killing sheep in a small Irish town when the farmer moved his flock.

It was just not reality.

helcap

This is an example of a game where the new rule that the clock does not stop on a first down until the last two minutes would have made the comeback from 8 down more difficult.

Deep Purple

The service would let out and these Baylor puppies would literally wander into the streets of Waco without any regard to traffic. It was like trying to avoid killing sheep in a small Irish town when the farmer moved his flock.
Ever watched TCU students herding across University Drive?

Street traffic, traffic lights, pedestrian crossing points, Walk/Don't Walk.... They all mean nothing. The rule is, just step into the street and dare any vehicle to hit you -- even if they have the green light. Once the first adventurous soul gets the pedestrian flow started, the rest follow en masse, becoming an almost solid wall.

Last edited:

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
You have no idea. Most of my law school class came from non-Baylor undergrad backgrounds.

We were “normal” in the sense that when we got a break we would hit the local watering holes like normal students.

Georges was popular with those of us with L stickers on our cars. It was still more of a truck stop diner with a road house bar attached. The Law Professors would show up, drink with us, and pick up the tab. As broke a Law Student, I wore out the $1.99 chicken fried steak when I had $2.50 in my pocket.

There was this group of undergrad students that just lived in this small town, there is nothing outside campus other than church services, bubble of denial.

Example, Baylor required all undergrad freshmen to go to a religious service on Wednesday mornings. The service would let out and these Baylor puppies would literally wander into the streets of Waco without any regard to traffic. It was like trying to avoid killing sheep in a small Irish town when the farmer moved his flock.

It was just not reality.
I did most of my drinking out at the Crying Shame on HWY 6

Purp

This is an example of a game where the new rule that the clock does not stop on a first down until the last two minutes would have made the comeback from 8 down more difficult.
Yes and no. We ran the ball a ton in that last possession because we wanted to burn some clock. If we needed to we could have passed more, run plays faster, and gotten out of bounds to stop the clock. I'll grant you that does limit some play call options, but we got the ball back with quite a bit of time on the clock to get into FG range.

In many cases the new clock rule will definitely make comebacks more difficult, though.

FrogCop19

This one is almost as good.....

jump smash GIF

Wexahu

Yes, but I don’t think it will make that big of a difference. It sure seems like as the years have gone by, the process of “moving the chains and spotting the ball” has gotten much faster. And up until the latter part of the game or half, it’s comical how fast they restart the clock on first downs. Often less than 5 seconds because they really don’t wait until everything is set. I’ve seen it start with 37 seconds on the play clock before.

It’s the right move to take that part of the game out of the officials hands. I just wish they wouldn’t restart the clock on the spot of the ball after a player runs out of bounds. Take the constant needless stopping and starting of the clock out of the officials hands. It’s stupid. They have enough other stuff to worry about.

helcap

Lets remember that the prior rule was put in place due to the home teams chain gang stalling on moving the markers if the visiting team was driving late in a half, especially the end of the game if a score mattered. The officials could stop the clock if they felt the delay was too long, but this was subjective , and not consistently applied. So they went to the automatic stoppage to take this out of the official's hands and give them one less thing to worry about. We won't have to wait long I predict for complaints about a dawdling crew to appear in the fourth quarter of a game prior to the last two minutes.