• The KillerFrogs

Baylor's lobbyist and regents hard at work calling lawmakers

Buck

We could make the case that TCU is a broader educational institution that fits better with California and Stanford.

I don't see California schools lining up with Baylor's right-wing ideology.

50FT FROG

QUOTE(Buck @ Jun 8 2010, 12:38 PM) [snapback]571162[/snapback]
Does TCU have a lobbyist or regent working this hard?

http://m.dallasnews.com/tdmn/db_45176/cont...oYN&src=cat

I haven't seen much energy from our lobbying effort.

It's really amazing that our lawmakers would favor a private school over Houston, a state school. But if they're going to lobby for a private school in the Pac-16, we should be part of that discussion.

according to reports in the dmn this morning, baylor's effort appear to be futile ...... pac 10 still prefers colorado.

I presume this means that Baylor is becoming a state university, right? I can't imagine why else they'd think that elected state officials (outside those in Waco, perhaps) should give a tinkers damn what conference they wind up in ...

Buck

Davis is a first-term senator in the minority party.

If you want something done, better talk to Republicans.

Baylor appears to be doing a lot more than just sending emails.

HFrog1999

66974142.ZOtMsY9s.jpg

sous vide

QUOTE(Buck @ Jun 8 2010, 09:59 AM) [snapback]571206[/snapback]

If you want something done, better talk to Republicans.

I thot reps stood for limited govt! :wink:

angelo's frog

Ironically enough, Mark Shelton, the Fort Worth representative for the TCU campus area, appears to be actively involved in advocating on behalf of Baylor. His name is listed as a recipient on the Baylor regent's e-mail that says something along the lines of "our efforts are showing results." I guess he values his alma mater over his constituents. Seems to me that he ought to investigating as to whether there is a chance TCU could be included before he jumps in on behalf of Baylor.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(angelo @ Jun 8 2010, 07:51 AM) [snapback]571226[/snapback]
Ironically enough, Mark Shelton, the Fort Worth representative for the TCU campus area, appears to be actively involved in advocating on behalf of Baylor. His name is listed as a recipient on the Baylor regent's e-mail that says something along the lines of "our efforts are showing results." I guess he values his alma mater over his constituents. Seems to me that he ought to investigating as to whether there is a chance TCU could be included before he jumps in on behalf of Baylor.

Then we need to make sure Mark Shelton is a one-term representative.

Big Frog II

QUOTE(McFroggin @ Jun 8 2010, 09:27 AM) [snapback]571341[/snapback]
Maybe I should run for office

I'll vote for you, and I live in that district. In fact we should run a Horned Frog next election to run this clown out of office.

Trelvis

Here is something I have been wondering. How is it that Baylor and the other Big XII schools have so many people in the government? Is it simply because they graduate more people? Is it because of there law schools or what? I dont get why TCU has nobody in a high position speaking up for us.

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 8 2010, 10:33 AM) [snapback]571353[/snapback]
Here is something I have been wondering. How is it that Baylor and the other Big XII schools have so many people in the government? Is it simply because they graduate more people? Is it because of there law schools or what? I dont get why TCU has nobody in a high position speaking up for us.

Roger Williams and Wendy Davis are TCU alums. If you need a job in the White House, the deputy director of personel is a TCU alum and a friend of mine.

Trelvis

QUOTE(HFrog1999 @ Jun 8 2010, 03:36 PM) [snapback]571355[/snapback]
Roger Williams and Wendy Davis are TCU alums. If you need a job in the White House, the deputy director of personel is a TCU alum and a friend of mine.

Then why doesnt TCU ever have any pull when we actually need it?

HFrog1999

QUOTE(Trelvis @ Jun 8 2010, 10:51 AM) [snapback]571379[/snapback]
Then why doesnt TCU ever have any pull when we actually need it?

Small private school without a law school. Also, there's only one time I can think of when we got left in the dust and that's in '94.