• The KillerFrogs

Baylor Press Conference

WhatTheFrog

Good God.

Anyway, Delton never impressed me as a person (these impressions that follow are based on the face-to-face meetings at the Meet the Frogs event), or a QB. If he was such a good QB, he never would've known that he was going to lose out of the starter role at KSU and transferred here.

I understand GP wanting/needing experienced leadership here and someone that could start the season healthy. Delton filled that role, initially, but wasn't the best option once play started. It is what it is. He's not the best, he'll never go pro, and he should accept his role for what it is. If he doesn't like it, he can quit (like it appears he has). Good riddance. Get the frog out. We don't need you or your crap attitude if that's the case. You got a free graduate education that 100's of thousands would love to have. Same for Reagor. Of all the players we met at the Meet the Frogs, Delton and Reagor seemed to have the worst attitudes. Now I hear that he has this prima donna crap going on, go ahead and declare early. He'll suffer after this season, but he needs to do him. He could do better with another season and a more humble attitude, with work on plays where he's not the go-to guy. GP was a bit of an ass this year, too. I understand coach-speak and coach-mindset, but this is a fan event. Humor people as fans, not as a coach. We, as fans, know that your focus and the focus of the team (supposedly) is on the first opponent of the season. Don't be a doosh when a fan is trying to connect with you on a personal level (not me). Take the 3 hours off that the event is scheduled for and be the guitar playing, happy guy that you are supposed to be when away from football. If it's such a beating, do away with the Meet the Frogs event. Maybe people will stop supporting his stupid crap decisions. By the way, I don't think the fans give nearly the crap about an open practice next year when the east side renovations are done as he thinks, especially after the crap show we've seen on the field this season.

This season is a flippin' goat rodeo.

I was one of those guys saying "Give GP a lifetime contract!" a few short years ago. Now, if he can't find enjoyment in spending time with the people that pay to show up instead of getting paid to show up, maybe he actually should consider hanging it up and calling it a stellar and monumental career. I'd hate for it to come to that, but it's time for some changes. As many here have stated, he has to adjust to the times and concede some things. If your signs are being stolen, you CHANGE them. If the offense sucks because you keep meddling, STOP meddling. If your defense is sucking all of a sudden because of the scheme, CHANGE it. Change is inevitable. You have to adapt with the times.

tl:dr
Yeah, it's effed. Do something or do nothing. I'm pissed about a few, but it could be fixed. kthxbye

jake102

Now, if he can't find enjoyment in spending time with the people that pay to show up instead of getting paid to show up, maybe he actually should consider hanging it up and calling it a stellar and monumental career. I'd hate for it to come to that, but it's time for some changes. e

I don't agree with everything you posted, but I certainly agree with this.

TRF51

I also attended the Meet the Frogs and it was a beating for us as fans going through all of those lines, I am sure it was a pain for the players as well. All of the players were great, Delton was very nice and thanked us for coming out. Reagor was no different than anyone else, I don’t remember him having an attitude.
I think that whole thing could be run a lot better, it seems like a piss pour effort to show appreciation for the fans. I think the autographs are nice and all but the fans want more to interact with the players. They should have pre-signed posters on hand and just allow the players to hang with the fans. I also think it is extremely petty for them to allow fans to cut in line for a fee. I didn’t know we were hurting that bad financially.
GP needs to embrace the gold mine he is sitting on and do what OU does for their spring game, that would make a lot of people happy.

Mean Purple

Good God.

Anyway, Delton never impressed me as a person (these impressions that follow are based on the face-to-face meetings at the Meet the Frogs event), or a QB. If he was such a good QB, he never would've known that he was going to lose out of the starter role at KSU and transferred here.

I understand GP wanting/needing experienced leadership here and someone that could start the season healthy. Delton filled that role, initially, but wasn't the best option once play started. It is what it is. He's not the best, he'll never go pro, and he should accept his role for what it is. If he doesn't like it, he can quit (like it appears he has). Good riddance. Get the frog out. We don't need you or your crap attitude if that's the case. You got a free graduate education that 100's of thousands would love to have. Same for Reagor. Of all the players we met at the Meet the Frogs, Delton and Reagor seemed to have the worst attitudes. Now I hear that he has this prima donna crap going on, go ahead and declare early. He'll suffer after this season, but he needs to do him. He could do better with another season and a more humble attitude, with work on plays where he's not the go-to guy. GP was a bit of an ass this year, too. I understand coach-speak and coach-mindset, but this is a fan event. Humor people as fans, not as a coach. We, as fans, know that your focus and the focus of the team (supposedly) is on the first opponent of the season. Don't be a doosh when a fan is trying to connect with you on a personal level (not me). Take the 3 hours off that the event is scheduled for and be the guitar playing, happy guy that you are supposed to be when away from football. If it's such a beating, do away with the Meet the Frogs event. Maybe people will stop supporting his stupid crap decisions. By the way, I don't think the fans give nearly the crap about an open practice next year when the east side renovations are done as he thinks, especially after the crap show we've seen on the field this season.

I was one of those guys saying "Give GP a lifetime contract!" a few short years ago. Now, if he can't find enjoyment in spending time with the people that pay to show up instead of getting paid to show up, maybe he actually should consider hanging it up and calling it a stellar and monumental career. I'd hate for it to come to that, but it's time for some changes. As many here have stated, he has to adjust to the times and concede some things. If your signs are being stolen, you CHANGE them. If the offense sucks because you keep meddling, STOP meddling. If your defense is sucking all of a sudden because of the scheme, CHANGE it. Change is inevitable. You have to adapt with the times.

Yeah, it's effed. Do something or do nothing. I'm pissed about a few, but it could be fixed. kthxbye
A simple "we didn't enjoy meet the frogs" would have sufficed.

WhatTheFrog

A simple "we didn't enjoy meet the frogs" would have sufficed.
That wouldn't be an accurate description of what occurred that day. Don't try to be cute. You're not.

Other than those few examples that I put out there, the players were very pleasant and fun to talk to. Special shout outs to Gladney and Brafi. Pretty much all of the ST, too (Song, Bunce, Kell, Sandy, Houston, etc.). Most all of the players were very personable and friendly. Delton, Reagor, and GP were the standouts that didn't really seem to give a steaming pile. That's my personal opinion. Don't try to speak for me.

Bruce Berry

Good God.

You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying

don

Did someone ask him about his perspective of the playoff system? At this point who the scheiss cares?

Here's a question-why not attempt the field goal against SMU when you have a guy make a 52 yard kick a couple of weeks later?

yes, he was asked about the espn cover story about the playoff.