• The KillerFrogs

"Baylor has owned Texas for awhile now."

Frog DJ

DMN is now reporting Bryce Petty suffered two cracked vertebrae in his back last night.

The "experts" on ESPN are saying the injury shouldn't keep him from playing, but who knows?

One of my best BU friends said, "Seth Russell will never be confused with Bryce Petty."

The game and the season can drastically change from week to week.

Go Frogs!

True Colors

Frog DJ said:
Either Baylor is really good, or SMU is really bad - or both!

In any case, let the Bears crow.  They've earned their moment in the sun.

Fame is fleeting and serious football fans know the difference between hyperbole and the facts.

RGIII can claim BU superiority based on recent events, but long-term success is much more difficult.

I get really tired of them too, but for the time being, the Bears look pretty darned salty.  

Let's see how things go for BU when they face someone tougher than SMU.

Go Frogs!

you mean the same type of "long term success" like tcu has had against texas?

Since 2010, Baylor has posted 3 wins against UT
Since 1968, tcu has posted 2 wins against UT

Baylor is currently on a 3-1 streak against texas.
tcu is currently on a 2-29 streak against texas

RG3 posted back to back wins over UT(2010, 2011)
last time tcu posted back to back wins over ut was 1958-1959.

RG3 and Baylor sure have something to learn about sustaining long term success against UT, eh? :rolleyes:

TC

ifrog

True Colors said:

RG3 and Baylor sure have something to learn about sustaining long term success against UT, eh? :rolleyes:

TC
Why would a Tech fan care True Roddog?

Zubaz

True Colors said:

TC
McKayla Maroney is impressed with those gymnastics.

1). I don't think anyone would suggest that TCU has had "long term success" against UT. I thought Baptists weren't supposed to fib?

2). Starting Baylor's clock at 2010 is interesting. I wonder why you did that? Should we take a peak at 1995 to 2009?

3). I can play with stats too! TCU has more wins in Austin since joining the Big 12 than Baylor during the entirety of both the Clinton and Bush administrations.

ftwfrog

Texas is a state and last I checked there are 5 relevant college football teams in this great land of ours. About three years ago there were 4 but I digress. I'm guessing RGIII was talking about Baylor "owning" the state of Texas "for quite a while now" as he is about as arrogant as they come. He is 100% clearly mistaken, unless he means "for quite a while now" as 9 months. That's about as long as they have been the highest ranked team in the state clearly the only time of the last 40 year that's happened. The year before, A&M was ranked 3 to finish the season.

ifrog

ArgyleFrog2010 said:
Y'all wanna read some funny stuff? Go to RG3's twitter page and read the comments on his tweets
The Facebook comments on multiple sports pages after his statue was unveiled are golden. I can't imagine tweeter

rifram09

RG3 was celebrated around here as being a great guy around 2010-2011 timeframe. Back then I said I think he is fake, full of himself, and actually dirtbag. He is certainly full of himself, but hasn't proven himself to he fake and a dirtbag yet... We'll see...

frognutz

Frog DJ said:
Either Baylor is really good, or SMU is really bad - or both!

In any case, let the Bears crow.  They've earned their moment in the sun.

Fame is fleeting and serious football fans know the difference between hyperbole and the facts.

RGIII can claim BU superiority based on recent events, but long-term success is much more difficult.

I get really tired of them too, but for the time being, the Bears look pretty darned salty.  

Let's see how things go for BU when they face someone tougher than SMU.

Go Frogs!
Last 2 games Baylor has been penalized 28 times. It lost them the game against UCF. Do you really need to commit 11 penalties against SMU?

Experts saying there is a 68% chance either them or OU wins the conference. Guess it's hard to argue that at this point but count me in as one who thinks TCU has better than a 3% chance which is where the predictions for us are at.

Ron Swanson

Rifram09 said:
RG3 was celebrated around here as being a great guy around 2010-2011 timeframe. Back then I said I think he is fake, full of himself, and actually dirtbag. He is certainly full of himself, but hasn't proven himself to he fake and a dirtbag yet... We'll see...

I always said that I felt his public nice/educated athlete image that he tried so hard to portray was an act.  He seemed very fake to me.

Granted, it's possible that my image of him was skewed due to the fact that he played for Baylor, but whatever.

jake102

Ron Swanson said:

I always said that I felt his public nice/educated athlete image that he tried so hard to portray was an act.  He seemed very fake to me.

Granted, it's possible that my image of him was skewed due to the fact that he played for Baylor, but whatever.

Always seemed fake. I never thought he was a "good guy". It was always clear his ego was huge.

Easy enough to compare RG3 to Dalton and see the difference.

cheese83

That's funny b/c right now I would say that A&M owns the state of Texas. They are killing it in recruiting and just smoked South Carolina.

H0RNEDFR0G

I hope we go into toilet bowl stadium and clownstomp them. I wanna see TB run in the end zone and rip their fake brick tarp off the wall.