• The KillerFrogs

"Baylor has owned Texas for awhile now."

Limey Frog

Why I mostly watch football with the sound off. There are very few non-idiots ever offered an opportunity to say anything during a game broadcast. Some of the most painfully moronic are quite generously compensated for their inane ramblings. Then there are the sidelines [ Finebaum ]-fests where blondie bimbo shoves a mic in the face of Dr. McGenius returning lettermen, such as in this case. I don't care for RG's thoughts on anything, least of all Baylor football. Without the sound you just get to giggle at his kind of awesome, kind of dreadful jacket.

ftwfrog

Just a huge example of why everyone now hates Baylor. Hell, A&M has been a better team for the last few years in Baylor's glory years(never finished in top 10).

PurplFrawg

Administrator
ftwfrog said:
Just a huge example of why everyone now hates Baylor. Hell, A&M has been a better team for the last few years in Baylor's glory years(never finished in top 10).

During the Baylor slurp-fest last night, Fox accidentally slipped in a graphic which showed the overall W-L records of the major football programs in Texas over the last 10 years,  Baylor was last, with a winning percentage of one game over .500.  The Frogs were first, with a percentage over .800.

Limp Lizard

As I have said many times, the media pees in their pants over high-scoring teams, unless that team is an SEC team.  As Oky State, WVa, OU, Missouri and a$m have shown lately, the mighty SEC defenses can't handle the B12-type spread, either, and may be behind the B12.

Anyway, back to my original thought, the media has always gone by the final score total to evaluate a team.  A 63-49 win is much more impressive than a 28-0 win.

West Coast Johnny

It's sad now watching RG3 milk the last drops of fading glory out of the udders of adoring Baylor dewshes.  And then on sunday's watching him throw multiple interceptions while the skins lose, all while being a cancer in that clubhouse.

East Coast

Tier 1
Hmmm.....while WV and Okie life were able to score this weekend, and be competitive, they still lost.

I thought the color guy for our game was unusually good, pointed out thigs like why the Samford QB was able to scramble through the middle and Joey Hunt changing blocking assignments, which sometimes our other OL did not pickup, leading to sacks and pressure.

ftwfrog

PurplFrawg said:

During the Baylor slurp-fest last night, Fox accidentally slipped in a graphic which showed the overall W-L records of the major football programs in Texas over the last 10 years,  Baylor was last, with a winning percentage of one game over .500.  The Frogs were first, with a percentage over .800.
Yes!! I saw that. How did I not take a pic. Anyone have that? May need to be posted on the KFC banner.

BoondocksFrog

I hate to admit it, but Baylor has made leaps and bounds over the past 5 years. They were the doormat of the Big 12 before RG3.

With that said they aren't as good as their fans inflated heads think they are. If Petty goes down they are a 6-6 team at best. After the first quarter they only scored one touchdown in each quarter.

FrogSwagSurfin

Limp Lizard said:
As I have said many times, the media pees in their pants over high-scoring teams, unless that team is an SEC team.  As Oky State, WVa, OU, Missouri and a$m have shown lately, the mighty SEC defenses can't handle the B12-type spread, either, and may be behind the B12.

Anyway, back to my original thought, the media has always gone by the final score total to evaluate a team.  A 63-49 win is much more impressive than a 28-0 win.
Yep it's the idiocracy of sports today. People want to see touchdowns instead of good football. We all know what wins so let them have their glory.

TCUFrogs

1 good season where they got stuffed by Central Florida in the bowl game.  What else have they won?  Usually, a "powerhouse" wins something

ifrog

TCUFrogs said:
1 good season where they got stuffed by Central Florida in the bowl game.  What else have they won?  Usually, a "powerhouse" wins something
This wasn't brought up once in the telecast last night that I heard

Frogs1983

With the cream puff schedule they have for non-conference, they should hang 60-70 each game. They need to be called out by the press for the crap they schedule non-conference each year. I hate that we schedule the likes of Samford, but I get it's a one time deal with the 20th anniversary tie in with our former Coach.

At least we do schedule one quality non-conference game each season, along with SMEW. What's Baylor's deal?

Frog DJ

Either Baylor is really good, or SMU is really bad - or both!

In any case, let the Bears crow.  They've earned their moment in the sun.

Fame is fleeting and serious football fans know the difference between hyperbole and the facts.

RGIII can claim BU superiority based on recent events, but long-term success is much more difficult.

I get really tired of them too, but for the time being, the Bears look pretty darned salty.  

Let's see how things go for BU when they face someone tougher than SMU.

Go Frogs!