• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Arena half empty against a

Rabidfrog

late start helped us get to FW from Dallas and eat supper. Had plenty of time, though did get back at 11:30 pm. Greatest game I have ever seen live. 5 min. before tipoff it did look slim, but filled up.

Froglaw

Good team in SMU.

Can't they just give those seats to people to fill in the bottom 1/3 of the arena?

Bet Dixon is thrilled.........

Geeesh

Were you at the.Game?

Six of my buddies came from Dallas to see the Frogs beat a very good SMU team.

Students filled the entire student section all the way to the rafters.

TCU crowd came in and filled in nicely throughout the first half.

Over 6,000 attended. That is 6/7ths of capacity.

My bet is that you did not go to the game.

You sat at home, watched on TV, critized your son's 4 year old soccer game from last Saturday, and typed the new post wearing your Longhorn Jammie's.

Go Frogs!

TCUdirtbag

TCU does need to work on attendance, this was the biggest non conference home game. Should have been more people.

TCU IS working on attendance. They poured $72 M into the arena, millions into a championship-caliber coach, millions into staff, recruiting, travel, marketing and other resources.

Anyone who has even casually followed TCU basketball for the last 20 years knows the school is absolutely pouring money and effort into boosting attendance by building a program. We have a small fan/alumni base and nonculture of basketball support. You don’t go from 800 fans per game to a Cameron Indoor / Allen Fieldhouse in a year.

Keep some perspective. Last night was great and a good sign for what’s to come in 2018 when the big boys roll into town.

TCURiggs

You obviously haven’t sat next to the clapper.

He’s sat next to me at baseball games before, and I literally think I have hearing damage from it.

Btw. Good seeing you tonight.

Ha. I have sat next to the clapper. You're probably right about him being the loudest, but this doosh would give him a little competition. He started doing that ship early in the game as well, which just led us to giving him ship for most of the game. There's obviously nothing wrong with supporting your team, but don't be an obnoxious idiot, especially on the road.

Good seeing you as well.

frogxc

No you're not. I've made a successful living as a writer for 34 years, and not just at TCU. Been published multiple times. Your brief post was grammatically perfect and was absent no required commas

There was one place I spotted that a comma could have possibly been added, but it was optional under English punctuation rules and not really necessary. It's Bob Sugar, not you, who lacks understanding of his written native tongue.

Problem is, too many guys rely on rules of grammar they learned 20-30 years ago or more. Those rules were faulty at the time, and they are even more faulty and outdated today.

And here sits your post, ironically missing a period.

Old Greg

No you're not. I've made a successful living as a writer for 34 years, and not just at TCU. Been published multiple times. Your brief post was grammatically perfect and was absent no required commas

There was one place I spotted that a comma could have possibly been added, but it was optional under English punctuation rules and not really necessary. It's Bob Sugar, not you, who lacks understanding of his written native tongue.

Problem is, too many guys rely on rules of grammar they learned 20-30 years ago or more. Those rules were faulty at the time, and they are even more faulty and outdated today.
0fd48a5a62fbb208ecc3b045e1bb40cd.jpg

FrogtheFourth

Do you think TCU could do a better job of bringing bigger non conference games to Fort Worth? We get the SEC/Big12 challenge every other year and SMU every other year, but have we had anyone else big come to the remodeled arena?