• The KillerFrogs

b12 hype machine geared up

Limp Lizard

HUGE article about a$m's basketball program in today's startlegram. By bcs shill mike jones, of course. Big picture of aggie coach and several lines on front page, then over half the back page. I look for several similar b12 articles in the summer.

To those who say that they don't want to be in the b12 because the longhorns get they way, this is why. The local press has been totally bought out. TCU only got similar treatment during the CWS, while they were in it. Nothing now. But b12 teams get basketball hype in July?

Disgusting.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Eh. Story was probably written and blocked out a month ago. They just now had some dead space in which to put it. Pesky Frogs just kept on winning... :tongue:

They have to toss Aggy a bone from time to time you know. Keep 'em interested and buying newspapers.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
QUOTE(Limp Lizard @ Jul 6 2010, 07:28 AM) [snapback]593405[/snapback]
HUGE article about a$m's basketball program in today's startlegram. By bcs shill mike jones, of course. Big picture of aggie coach and several lines on front page, then over half the back page. I look for several similar b12 articles in the summer.

To those who say that they don't want to be in the b12 because the longhorns get they way, this is why. The local press has been totally bought out. TCU only got similar treatment during the CWS, while they were in it. Nothing now. But b12 teams get basketball hype in July?

Disgusting.

So how much do you think the B12 paid to have that story run? I noticed a story about Mark Teixeira's homer beating the A's. Did the Yankess buy off the FWST for that story?

I'm just sayin'
:rolleyes:

sous vide

QUOTE(Frog DJ @ Jul 6 2010, 09:47 AM) [snapback]593416[/snapback]
Just because you think the paranoids are out to get you, doesn't mean they're not...

Go Frogs!

Correct sentiment! Incorrect usage of "paranoids"! It is "they" you are out to get the "paranoids", not the paranoids who are out to get you. :biggrin:

That said, I put no level of evil out of the realm of possibility for the b12-2 controllers.

Dogfrog

QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Jul 6 2010, 08:42 AM) [snapback]593428[/snapback]
The question is: Are you paranoid enough?

are there good reasons not to be paranoid about college athletics?

sous vide

QUOTE(Dogfrog @ Jul 6 2010, 10:22 AM) [snapback]593433[/snapback]
are there good reasons not to be paranoid about college athletics?

Not a single one that I am aware of. And hundreds of millions of reasons to be paranoid.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
I have nothing bad to say about the Big 12.

Now if you'll excuse me, I want to say hi to the burnt orange helicopter outside my window.......

TCUFrogs

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jul 6 2010, 09:16 AM) [snapback]593448[/snapback]
Finished with my woman cause she couldn't help me with my mind ...

Some people say I'm insane 'cause I am crowding overtime.......can you help me?

Leap Frog

Didn't Mike Jones used to dabble for the Star- Telegram? And, wasn't he the one who wrote about moving vans circling Daniel-Meyer when F. A. Dry was coach? I believe he was gone from the paper shortly after that.

QUOTE(TCUFrogs @ Jul 6 2010, 01:55 PM) [snapback]593670[/snapback]
Some people say I'm insane 'cause I am crowding overtime.......can you help me?

Frowning?

ShadowFrog

Moderators
QUOTE(BrewingFrog @ Jul 6 2010, 08:42 AM) [snapback]593428[/snapback]
The question is: Are you paranoid enough?

I believe I'll have another beer...
:ph34r:

QUOTE(Duquesne Frog @ Jul 6 2010, 03:20 PM) [snapback]593732[/snapback]
Frowning?

"frowning all the time", not "crowding overtime". Sheesh! :biggrin:

I remember Mike Jones in the movie "Deliverance"...

Mike Jones is the guy that told the guy from Baylor that he had a pretty mouth while the guy from A&M held the gun on him and DeLoss Dodds made him squeal like a pig... All this happened while his helpless buddy from Tech had to watch it and was just hoping he wasn't next...

Only this time it's a re-run and Mike Jones keeps Burt Reynolds from putting an arrow through Dobbs back by telling him he'll give Florida State some good free presss... Whooooeeee!