• The KillerFrogs

Awful weather for the Armed Forces Bowl

Brog

wasn't weather one of the issues that started to hurt the cotton bowl's ability to draw quality opponents for the swc champions
One of TCU’s strangest games was the 1959 Cotton Bowl, where TCU and Air Force tied 0-0. Temperature lower thirties. Sleet. Mist. Misery!

Both teams were fumbling left and right (the Frogs fumbled the ball eight times, while the Falcons fumbled five), attributed to the damp field that was covered by tarp due to the snow that happened earlier that week. Missed field goals were also a big part of the game. We know what that’s like, don’t we?

Limp Lizard

One of TCU’s strangest games was the 1959 Cotton Bowl, where TCU and Air Force tied 0-0. Temperature lower thirties. Sleet. Mist. Misery!

Both teams were fumbling left and right (the Frogs fumbled the ball eight times, while the Falcons fumbled five), attributed to the damp field that was covered by tarp due to the snow that happened earlier that week. Missed field goals were also a big part of the game. We know what that’s like, don’t we?
Missed field goals are a rarity with Kell. Muffed punts were a big thing in 2012, though.

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

FrogPreacher

IIRC it was colder at the Cotton Bowl when the UH played Maryland than that ND debacle. I should know since I was at both.
My Father and I were at that game. My mother and sister had gotten us tickets for the game long before it was known who was going to be playing. I remember that the fountain outside of Fair Park Music Hall was frozen and still spewing water that just kept adding more ice to it all. Miserably cold game.

Pharm Frog

My Father and I were at that game. My mother and sister had gotten us tickets for the game long before it was known who was going to be playing. I remember that the fountain outside of Fair Park Music Hall was frozen and still spewing water that just kept adding more ice to it all. Miserably cold game.
I don’t recall the fountain but I do remember that my mother had sent us with thermos bottles of hot chocolate and the lids froze on so we couldn’t get them open. I also remember that my father was going to stay until the very end….