• The KillerFrogs

Awful Announcing: Stephen A. Smith on Florida State's CFP snub: 'Blame no further than TCU'

LisaLT

It's hard NOT the hear him at the very least...he's of the media ilk that whomever yells the loudest is right. He and Skip Brainless should host a show together. The wind tunnel created through two empty skulls might cause an implosion in the studio and rid us of TWO blowhard idiots.
lol they used to host a show together. First Take. Stupid as hell.
Lucy Liu Vomit GIF

PineyWoodsFrog

ESPN buffoonery was in full effect yesterday with the exception of Mike Greenberg and Damien Woody (who both reminded the world that we actually WON a playoff game last season), and the Around the Horn panel. Tony Kornheiser even went as far to say that AUBURN is the reason that FSU got left out for allowing Bama to beat them on the final play of the game.

Bottom line is this was NEVER about who should get in out of Bama and FSU once Bama beat Georgia. When that happened, the decision was already made that Bama was going in. The committee knew that they couldn't include Bama without including Texas or else their whole head-to-head argument is dies, which would have caused even more backlash (I know that's hard to fathom considering how much criticism they already received, but it's true). This whole spill about FSU's QB situation is just a convenient, lip-serving excuse to distract the masses from the committee's true thought process - "We wanted Bama and had to bring Texas with them based on our head-to-head criteria."

If it were TRULY about the 4 best teams as they claim (although we know this is NOT the case), Georgia would be in and Texas out. The committee is hamstrung by the criteria they have established and have to find loopholes when the criteria they set forth 10 years ago doesn't align with the narrative they want to use on a year-to-year basis, hence, blame FSU's injured QB for why Alabama is in over them instead of having to explain why Texas is out even though they have a head-to-head victory over Alabama.

PineyWoodsFrog

Stephen A. Smith has admitted on SEVERAL occasions that he's not in the business of being RIGHT, but rather to be entertaining, which is why he had Max Kellerman removed from the show (which he openly brags about) and replaced by this weekly circle of characters that he has on now. The truth does not matter on these "embrace debate" shows. It's all about getting people talking and watching, which they succeed at by being as illogical as possible in many cases. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

Frawg

Mike Greenberg came to TCU’s defense on McAfee letting Stevie Dipshit rant, then said”You mean the same TCU that hung 51 on Harbaugh and Michigan? Did you forget that TCU had a playoff win under their belt?”

I don’t recall anyone bashing Notre Dame for getting blown out in their first round CFP game…
Or OU getting routinely destroyed.

FrogCop19

Stephen A. Smith has admitted on SEVERAL occasions that he's not in the business of being RIGHT, but rather to be entertaining, which is why he had Max Kellerman removed from the show (which he openly brags about) and replaced by this weekly circle of characters that he has on now. The truth does not matter on these "embrace debate" shows. It's all about getting people talking and watching, which they succeed at by being as illogical as possible in many cases. Rantings, rantings, rantings.
FIFY ;)

FroginBedford68

Stephen A. Smith has admitted on SEVERAL occasions that he's not in the business of being RIGHT, but rather to be entertaining, which is why he had Max Kellerman removed from the show (which he openly brags about) and replaced by this weekly circle of characters that he has on now. The truth does not matter on these "embrace debate" shows. It's all about getting people talking and watching, which they succeed at by being as illogical as possible in many cases. Ratings, ratings, ratings.
Much like Howard Cosell on Monday night football in the 1970s....Rile up the viewers so they will come back next week to hear what Howard has to say to rile them up again....

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I follow Rick Bayless on YouTube. He’s a chef and makes tons of good cooking videos. Just found out recently that he’s Skip Bayless’s brother.

So much more likable
Admittedly, a low bar...

I also follow Rick's YT stuff. Excellent chef, and always full of little tricks and ideas. I truly love Mexican cooking, and tend to incorporate a lot of those ideas into my everyday fare. Thanksgiving Turkey Mole is always a hit.

Dogfrog

ESPN buffoonery was in full effect yesterday with the exception of Mike Greenberg and Damien Woody (who both reminded the world that we actually WON a playoff game last season), and the Around the Horn panel. Tony Kornheiser even went as far to say that AUBURN is the reason that FSU got left out for allowing Bama to beat them on the final play of the game.

Bottom line is this was NEVER about who should get in out of Bama and FSU once Bama beat Georgia. When that happened, the decision was already made that Bama was going in. The committee knew that they couldn't include Bama without including Texas or else their whole head-to-head argument is dies, which would have caused even more backlash (I know that's hard to fathom considering how much criticism they already received, but it's true). This whole spill about FSU's QB situation is just a convenient, lip-serving excuse to distract the masses from the committee's true thought process - "We wanted Bama and had to bring Texas with them based on our head-to-head criteria."

If it were TRULY about the 4 best teams as they claim (although we know this is NOT the case), Georgia would be in and Texas out. The committee is hamstrung by the criteria they have established and have to find loopholes when the criteria they set forth 10 years ago doesn't align with the narrative they want to use on a year-to-year basis, hence, blame FSU's injured QB for why Alabama is in over them instead of having to explain why Texas is out even though they have a head-to-head victory over Alabama.
Tin foil hat - I picture the playoff committee starting their first private meeting by announcing the results of an AI report regarding which four teams represent the highest income for TV viewership. Then spending the next several days having AI develop the the most plausible explanations for each selection.

Purp

Tin foil hat - I picture the playoff committee starting their first private meeting by announcing the results of an AI report regarding which four teams represent the highest income for TV viewership. Then spending the next several days having AI develop the the most plausible explanations for each selection.
It wouldn't take AI days to develop the most plausible explanation. It could quite literally generate that in minutes with the right prompts. I wouldn't be shocked if AI projections for optimal viewership were known, though.

I doubt they use AI in the committee. They just have a majority with a certain set of biases that inform really awful decision making on the regular.

LisaLT

I follow Rick Bayless on YouTube. He’s a chef and makes tons of good cooking videos. Just found out recently that he’s Skip Bayless’s brother.

So much more likable
YES! He's actually a very good chef. I agree - much more likable than his Bro.