• The KillerFrogs

Art Briles fired?

ftwfrog

texas_sicilian said:
Stay tuned. The 247 Baylor beat writer Chip is apparently going to unleash a firestorm piece of journalism in 30min that's supposed to be a bombshell... an article that threatens his own existence in reporting... potentially outing his sources... proving that they got they wrong guy and Briles is totally innocent. (yes, he's playing it up that dramatically). Eyeroll.
Um. Am I missing something or is there still nothing? Chip seems like quite the attention Briles.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
ftwfrog said:
Um. Am I missing something or is there still nothing? Chip seems like quite the attention Briles.
Yeah. Still nothing. Here's the thread (subscription). http://baylor.247sports.com/Article/I-Didnt-Tell-You-45533200

It's locked. Apparently because he hasn't delivered, despite promising it "on Tuesday," then "Tuesday afternoon," then "by 5," then "before 8," then "waiting on a source from Fort Worth," then "before midnight," then "it's done, just waiting for it to load." Apparantly text documents take a really long time to load on that site. Also might be locked because a user named grey_frog called the owner "Clit," instead of Clint, and pointed out that everyone was still waiting for the big reveal. Everyone got twisted because the toads were posting.

Still nothing.

jack the frog

Yeah. Still nothing. Here's the thread (subscription). http://baylor.247sports.com/Article/I-Didnt-Tell-You-45533200

It's locked. Apparently because he hasn't delivered, despite promising it "on Tuesday," then "Tuesday afternoon," then "by 5," then "before 8," then "waiting on a source from Fort Worth," then "before midnight," then "it's done, just waiting for it to load." Apparantly text documents take a really long time to load on that site. Also might be locked because a user named grey_frog called the owner "Clit," instead of Clint, and pointed out that everyone was still waiting for the big reveal. Everyone got twisted because the toads were posting.

Still nothing.
I am missing the part where the claim to exonerate Briles is made? I suspect this will be just another Fire Starr!! protect Briles piece. Just a snippet from this non-VIP article here:

"I get lots of info actually. Not all of it is worth posting, not on here. Most of it is about the NBA. I love the NBA. I haven't always. I used to love college basketball more than anything. Quincy Miller killed that for me. Remember the day he announced to Baylor he was coming back? I knew that day he wasn't. He wanted to. He fought to. All of you should honestly never have any feelings of discontent for QMillertime. He wanted to come back. There are always other people involved though. I never told you about them. I never told you I knew he was announcing and not coming. He announced, by the way, because he was hoping it would put pressure on "those people" to back off and let him enjoy his time here. "Those people", they cost him a lot of money.

The thread asking us why we didn't post what was going on- I have a response for you. I am going to disclose enough information to get me fired and have my degree revoked this week in a VIP only article. I suggest you subscribe if you haven't, and I hope that after it Colt and Ashley, Brian and the rest- they will let me stay on to give you Rewinds this football season.

If for some reason they don't kill me after it- know that it might dry up every source I have. But- I scream for transparency as of today. From our administration and our board, because I believe the wrong person was hung out to dry for what just went down. I could be wrong- maybe I am- but everything I think- you can read all about it, well probably Tuesday. I will also include my X-men and Captain America reviews, as well as a review for the new Blink 182 album. I'm basically going to cram everything i can into this, just in case and that way- you won't ever be able to say again "He never told me.."

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
jack the weed said:
I am missing the part where the claim to exonerate Briles is made? I suspect this will be just another Fire Starr!! protect Briles piece. Just a snippet from this non-VIP article here:

"I get lots of info actually. Not all of it is worth posting, not on here. Most of it is about the NBA. I love the NBA. I haven't always. I used to love college basketball more than anything. Quincy Miller killed that for me. Remember the day he announced to Baylor he was coming back? I knew that day he wasn't. He wanted to. He fought to. All of you should honestly never have any feelings of discontent for QMillertime. He wanted to come back. There are always other people involved though. I never told you about them. I never told you I knew he was announcing and not coming. He announced, by the way, because he was hoping it would put pressure on "those people" to back off and let him enjoy his time here. "Those people", they cost him a lot of money.

The thread asking us why we didn't post what was going on- I have a response for you. I am going to disclose enough information to get me fired and have my degree revoked this week in a VIP only article. I suggest you subscribe if you haven't, and I hope that after it Colt and Ashley, Brian and the rest- they will let me stay on to give you Rewinds this football season.

If for some reason they don't kill me after it- know that it might dry up every source I have. But- I scream for transparency as of today. From our administration and our board, because I believe the wrong person was hung out to dry for what just went down. I could be wrong- maybe I am- but everything I think- you can read all about it, well probably Tuesday. I will also include my X-men and Captain America reviews, as well as a review for the new Blink 182 album. I'm basically going to cram everything i can into this, just in case and that way- you won't ever be able to say again "He never told me.."
I think it's the "because I believe the wrong person was hung out to dry" clause. Implies Briles is clear.

X-Men and Captain America movie reviews in the same expose' exonerating Briles from rape cover-ups?

That's hard-hitting stuff. I totally trust this guy.

If only he could throw in a few World of Warcraft or Dungeons and Dragons tips...

jack the frog

X-Men and Captain America movie reviews in the same expose' exonerating Briles from rape cover-ups?

If only he could throw in a few World of Warcraft or Dungeons and Dragons tips...
$9.95 please......

TCURiggs

texas_sicilian said:
Article published, what a joke.
I posted this in the Baylortears thread but I'll copy it here as well:

According to the Baylor 247 board, Texas Monthly is going to release another scathing article this week about those darners to our South. Apparently one of the authors reached out to one of the 247 mods wanting to do some Q&A on their board. Someone asked the mod what's going to be in the article and he said "I wouldn't get your hopes up." Haha

ShadowFrog

Moderators
gohornedfrogs said:

cue up the Hans Zimmer compilation....

texas_sicilian

ATC Frog said:
Is it safe to assume he was full of [Craig James] and was just trying to get more subs?
Let's just say that he's really sticking his neck out there. And even the other authors on the site are saying that it's his opinion (i.e. CYA if he's wrong).

Gfrog

NNM said:

Still nothing.
Wait. Who is using my name in vain? Not cool guys.