1. The KillerFrogs

Army Navy Thread

Discussion in 'Scott Nix Frog Fan Forum' started by Bob Sugar, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Froglaw is going with his best friend (since they were 5 years old).

60th Birthday Gift.

Go Navy!

Beat Army!

MTfrog5, Land Frog, NavyFrog and 6 others like this.
  2. One of my favorite games of the year.

MTfrog5 likes this.
  3. Not one of my favorite games, i'll still watch, but college basketball games this time of year have more draw for me than this game.

Prince of Purpoole likes this.
  4. I'm not a bucket list kind of guy, so I don't have one. But if I did have one the only sports event on that list would be the Army-Navy football game.

5. Currently enjoying last year’s snow game replay on CBSSN.

6. Love this football game. But, each year I take something from the game that has little to do with football. Usually a chest full of pride or sometimes a few tears. Would love to see it in person some day.

QuilterFrawg and FrogAbroad like this.
  7. EC4E9B9C-4AC9-47ED-93D0-5FE32311F534.gif Go Army beat Canoe U!

Wog68 likes this.
  8. And I thought I was the only one...

Regardless of how good the game was, regardless of who won, when the teams stand respectfully, helmets under their arm, as their opponent's fans sing their alma mater...yeah...my throat kinda hurts...my eyes get a bit misty...opponents and rivals can still be brothers, willing to put themselves in harm's way for one another.

Purp, Horned Toad and Paint It Purple like this.
  9. Last year it seemed Navy completely redid their offense for this game and went to the spread and put Perry in shotgun and just ran him all game. Curious to see what they do this year. I hope Navy just sticks to what they do best in running the option. Going back to Abey at QB this year has helped.
    On Army, filling Bradshaw’s shoes has been painless as Hopkins has looked really good. Overall I expect this to be another 7 point or less game like it has been 6 out of the last 7 years. Go frogs

10. I'm finding myself enjoying this game more and more the older I get.

11. It is intense, almost as intense as these two:

Purp, MTfrog5, PhillyFrog and 4 others like this.
  12. reminds me of an argument i once saw at the pub over whose quarters were next on the pool table between two 120 lb frats wearing i believe 3 polo shirts apiece

13. As a 28 year Army vet {please no "thanks for your service" here}, I could never root for the Squids. However, a Navy Base CO did take care of my BOQ needs and bought me a noon martini at his O'Club once upon a time.

Purp and NavyFrog like this.
  14. Thanks for starting the thread. I'll try and find the pregame listings, etc. that I posted a couple of years ago. I did not do as good a job of posting them last year and was rightly ripped for it.
    Oh, and GO ARMY, BEAT NAVY

15. This is on tonight?

16. Saturday.
    CBS Sports Network usually covers the march on (which is awesome to watch) and other pregame stuff. Not sure this year as the game now has it's own weekend (which is deserved).

This game is a national holiday in my family. Really the first big bowl of the season for us.

Kyle101011 and LisaLT like this.
  17. I'm guessing Army is favored this year?