• The KillerFrogs

Armed Forces Bowl

Eight

Yes, the flyover was four F-35's from Nellis AFB in Nevada. Not that it matters, but the photos and videos posted of the flyover were NOT from this year's game, as the jets flew over from the north end of the stadium.

The west side wasn't very full, but the east side was near capacity. There were A LOT of people at the game, so posts indicating there weren't even half of the reported attendance there are incorrect.

simply posted a pic of type of planes involved in the flyoever, no promises beyond that as you get what you pay for around here

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The Major was retiring in two weeks. He knew it would be his last flight and wanted to end it that way compared to the standard airbase salute. Apparently, his first radio message afterward was "who am I supposed to call when I land"
And I think that was a Marine pilot...

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
Just wondering about the move to early January. Is this a sign that the bowl is in trouble? Some other reason? Perhaps to accommodate Navy or Army since they play that late regular season game? Seems pretty well attended as non-major bowls go. Son was there this morning. Said good experience.
The date this year was driven by TCU being In session later than usual. The Bowl folks prefer a before Christmas date. Dates were jammed up this year. The Bowl is healthy. The crowd was great considering no military team. The Army-Houston game last year had a fabulous crowd. The priority is getting people in the stadium more than selling tickets to the general public. Big sponsors buy 2500 each. I worked hospitality for Southern Miss this year. They were great people and really loved FW.