• The KillerFrogs

Armed Forces Bowl

Just wondering about the move to early January. Is this a sign that the bowl is in trouble? Some other reason? Perhaps to accommodate Navy or Army since they play that late regular season game? Seems pretty well attended as non-major bowls go. Son was there this morning. Said good experience.

I think it was more a victim of the calendar. Things were thrown off this year with the holidays being on Wednesdays.

netty2424

I’d bet everything I own that less than half the seats had a butt in them. And I’d bet a decent amount of money less than 40% were being used. These announced attendance figures are ridiculous.
I wasn’t at this game, but I was at all of our home games. This looked more full on tv than most of our home games, in person and on tv replays I watched. Not all, but most.

Frog-in-law1995

I don’t envy you guys who live in the flight pattern as the guys at the JRB go down to Brownwood to train (especially when they move to the f35s soon), but we get a little of that up here when the Blue Angels visit the air show at Alliance. Not saying they break any rules as to how low you can fly over a residential area, but I will say that the last time they were here, the guy on the left of the diamond formation had blue eyes.

BABYFACE

I’d bet everything I own that less than half the seats had a butt in them. And I’d bet a decent amount of money less than 40% were being used. These announced attendance figures are ridiculous.
Attendance for some time has been calculated by paid attendance, not guys with clickers at the gates.

Wexahu

Attendance for some time has been calculated by paid attendance, not guys with clickers at the gates.

I know. I wish college professors used the same method back in the day. Pretty sure I paid for all my classes.

It’s called “attendance” for a reason. The way they do it is a ridiculous way to account for it, I’m sure they do it though because actual numbers would be embarrassing (not just talking TCU obviously). I was at every game this year. The UT game was the best attended, I had decent seats and there were still plenty empty around me, I bet the stadium might have been 70-75% full if actual numbers were used. Virtually every stadium in college football is about 30-50% too large.

Froginbedford

I don’t envy you guys who live in the flight pattern as the guys at the JRB go down to Brownwood to train (especially when they move to the f35s soon), but we get a little of that up here when the Blue Angels visit the air show at Alliance. Not saying they break any rules as to how low you can fly over a residential area, but I will say that the last time they were here, the guy on the left of the diamond formation had blue eyes.

The first two years of the new stadium I sat six rows from the top....I saw the fly over pilot smile at me....

Jet Set Frog

Yes, the flyover was four F-35's from Nellis AFB in Nevada. Not that it matters, but the photos and videos posted of the flyover were NOT from this year's game, as the jets flew over from the north end of the stadium.

The west side wasn't very full, but the east side was near capacity. There were A LOT of people at the game, so posts indicating there weren't even half of the reported attendance there are incorrect.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Yes, the flyover was four F-35's from Nellis AFB in Nevada. Not that it matters, but the photos and videos posted of the flyover were NOT from this year's game, as the jets flew over from the north end of the stadium.

The west side wasn't very full, but the east side was near capacity. There were A LOT of people at the game, so posts indicating there weren't even half of the reported attendance there are incorrect.

Good catch, it even says Dec 2015... oops.